Duel Mode: Elimination.

• This is a repost. I tried the main thread, but it seems people would rather complain on other threads instead of comment. So I’ll ask you guys what you think about this.

I am suggesting a new mode for Duel involving Elimination. I know many of you may be familiar with this concept already, but I will explain it for those who are not. The way it would work follows this.

For Example: 4 vs 4 teams. A player from Blue team Duels a player from Red team. Player 1 from red team eliminates Player 1 from blue team. Player 1 from red team keeps the same health they finished with, and a new player from Blue team is selected. Thus creating an elimination style format. This continues until the round is ended.

This creates a team game, but still keeps the 1 vs 1 feel of Dueling.

Thoughts/opinions?

• So whats considered Kendo is a scrim?

It can work its just certain classes are just outright better in 1v1s and that can ruin it pretty fast.

• I think the competitive community refers to this as “Kendo” duels.

I’m surprised this idea hasn’t gotten more attention because honestly every kendo event I was in has been fun. We’ve done stuff similar to this in the int duel server, and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.

Having some of the issues ironed out (such as people cutting in line, or the misunderstanding of rules) by making it into a gamemode would be pretty spectacular.

People like challenging themselves by seeing how many players of the enemy team they can take out in a row :P.

I feel like the infrastructure for supporting this is already there. Teams could be held in spectate or an open area such as the fortress duel map, while the first people in line dueled. Once one player is defeated, the next team member of his would be spawned into the arena to fight the person who took him out.

@zombojoe:

So whats considered Kendo is a scrim?

It can work its just certain classes are just outright better in 1v1s and that can ruin it pretty fast.

This is hardly a basic 1 v 1 design, since health and stamina are retained. I’m not sure I agree with the sentiment that some classes are “outright better” either.

• Also a 2v2 duel mode would be great.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Also a 2v2 duel mode would be great.

This is available already, albeit unpolished.