How to keep players (simple solution)

• @trooper:

What we need are servers where there are paid employees who can offer an hour’s worth of 1 v 1 training for a fixed monetary fee.

Players who open the server window for the first time would ONLY see these training servers until they set their own server filters.

Either that or we do it on a volunteer’s basis but then you probably would get widespread system abuse or at least, non-productive training for newbies. EG… Being slaughtered over and over again.

OR, a proper and more updated game tutorial that focuses more on multiplayer and not just on how to use the mechanics

• @Dan766:

@trooper:

What we need are servers where there are paid employees who can offer an hour’s worth of 1 v 1 training for a fixed monetary fee.

Players who open the server window for the first time would ONLY see these training servers until they set their own server filters.

Either that or we do it on a volunteer’s basis but then you probably would get widespread system abuse or at least, non-productive training for newbies. EG… Being slaughtered over and over again.

OR, a proper and more updated game tutorial that focuses more on multiplayer and not just on how to use the mechanics

um….

No and No…

Learn in game, play against better players ane emulate them, join a clan and have then train you. Really? Pay for 1v1 tutorials… I take paypal and it is $50 an hour

• Deadliest warrior has a better training room. Its got a visualisation room where you can see the tracers and the damage when you hit a target. Another room where you can see the stamina losses from blocking on enemies. An archery room where there’s a 1 minute challenge to see how many people you can shoot in a minute. A few other rooms with more basic stuff and finally a gauntlet where the bots aren’t pants for trousers retarded. They are vicious. They will time parries they will riposte you they will kick your shield down as follow up with an attack they will throw stuff at you properly even molotovs they will ninja roll out of the way properly. They aren’t the bots in chivalry medieval warfare where you mow down 60 of them and might die once. These ones put up a challenge.

No one has completed the gauntlet. People have gotten to the last room but no one has come out alive.

• Look for the ‘Moorland Skirmishers’ Server.
    or just open the console ` and type: openip 8.6.15.19
    The server has zero ‘Auto Balance’ and respectful players are welcome.

I think most servers should remove the auto balance feature.
    I feel that if you’re the one to notice the teams are unbalanced then hop on the other team.
    Its all about having fun.

Just last night we had 10 newer players versus 4 veteran players.
    And it was a blast!

Don’t be discouraged by being killed over and over at first. Most of us have experienced that.
    Don’t worry about your numbers at all. Just enjoy trying to get even that ONE kill on that decked out crazy looking player. And feel good about it. The only way to get better is playing against those who make it hard. :D

• Thanks for the discussion.

TBH just not being to play alongside my friend has put me off the game entirely. Feeling totally alienated with spending a couple of hours being auto balanced away from my friend on three different servers is pretty lame. As much help as vague gameplay tips are I’d like to play alongside someone to learn without spawning in a different colour on the other side of the map. GG?

• @lemonater47:

No one has completed the gauntlet. People have gotten to the last room but no one has come out alive.

that would be because it has never ending spawns, bots are so dumb and slow that even as a knight you can just run in a circle and the bots kill each other

• @dougal83:

Thanks for the discussion.

TBH just not being to play alongside my friend has put me off the game entirely. Feeling totally alienated with spending a couple of hours being auto balanced away from my friend on three different servers is pretty lame. As much help as vague gameplay tips are I’d like to play alongside someone to learn without spawning in a different colour on the other side of the map. GG?

I think you’ve just had bad luck with autobalance. It’s not usually like that.

When “You will be moved tot he other team” pops up you can press M straightaway and you can choose your side and class again and you won’t be moved.

• @BlaZe:

@lemonater47:

that would be because it has never ending spawns, bots are so dumb and slow that even as a knight you can just run in a circle and the bots kill each other

Oh, do they have endless spawns now on the beta?
    Because I’ve completed it on alpha just by simply kiting the bots. (Even Dusty did it :P )

• there is another issue that some servers will allow a player on evenly balanced teams to switch to the winning side, typically it should block off the team if it’s already balanced or they already have more players. Then what happens is they join the team and kick someone off of it when it shouldn’t even be allowed to do that in the first place. Happens to me a lot, and i don’t know why i’m always the subject of auto-balance.

also, need to fix progression, else no one will stay because they’ll never get to use the other weapons :(

I remember that was one of the first things i wanted to do was unlock all the weapons and try them all out. I was especially excited for the maul.

• lemon wrote:

They aren’t the bots in chivalry medieval warfare where you mow down 60 of them and might die once. These ones put up a challenge

well obviously you never played on my server bro talking like that, plus you have been stuck playing in molasis for a year now too.

they will mow you down before you take out 6 of them let alone 60.
    expecially in the TO maps they are like a wall of tanks my friend, not the bots you play in a solo game silly.

• What the fuck are you even on about WARSAW?

• its written in plain english brotha.

he was saying how the bots are easy and he can mow down 60 of them without dying,
    and i said because you havent played on my server, and that hes been stuck playing in molasis
    (aka the regular game) for a year now.

then i said in TO maps they will mow him down, like a wall of tanks lol.

Im hopeing to bait him into at least coming to try it, but im afraid like most people on here, they will put my style of play down over and over again and never try it, yet constantly back up the regular game like its flawless and plays great in its current state or somthing,
    which is just so funny to me.

back on topic, easy solution is to turn autobalance off.

• @WARSAW:

its written in plain english brotha.

he was saying how the bots are easy and he can mow down 60 of them without dying,
    and i said because you havent played on my server, and that hes been stuck playing in molasis
    (aka the regular game) for a year now.

then i said in TO maps they will mow him down, like a wall of tanks lol.

Im hopeing to bait him into at least coming to try it, but im afraid like most people on here, they will put my style of play down over and over again and never try it, yet constantly back up the regular game like its flawless and plays great in its current state or somthing,
    which is just so funny to me.

back on topic, easy solution is to turn autobalance off.

Well the bots suck in the regular game. Though I have been feinted by them a couple of times. They occasionally do that.

I’d like to try out your bots. Though I would have 200 odd ping.

Bots in the deadliest warrior gauntlet (part of the training level) are vicious. The only downside is they don’t keep in mind friendly players/bots. So the will teamkill each other fighting you. The pirate even throws his Molotov cocktail right so it hits you. And they properly account for projectile speed and drop with all ranged weapons. They will use the right attacks. They will parry you properly. They will kick your shield down properly. And they aim at your bloody head with ranged weapons. Walked into one room on the gauntlet and immediately got in the face. One of them even headshotted me with a bow with my shield up.

I’ve seen that the bots can be good. So they are probably good on your server too.

But back on topic when you first join the game usually the teams will already be balanced. So if you try and join a game that’s already underway its highly likely one of you is gonna get swapped. Happens in many games. Though if you stay in the game through to the next game you will always be on the same team. 90% of the time.

Battlefield has a good way of doing autobalance. It only targets those who aren’t in a squads. If you are in a squad with friends you will always be with them. In map change sometimes it will swap your whole squad to the other team. But you stay together.