CDW Modes & Maps?

• Please forgive me if this has been asked before but I can’t seem to find the information. I’ve seen some server online with the Duel-Dojo map but I can’t find any information on the duel mode or maps for CDW. Is there a Wiki or post somewhere that I’m overlooking?

The only modes I’ve seen mentioned so far are FFA, TD, and LTS. If I’m missing anything please let me know. Thanks in advance.

• There’s a bunch of Incomplete maps and game modes. Only about half the map name have bed release to us but we alpha testers know the names to those incomplete maps.

• @lemonater47:

but we alpha testers

lol

and to put things in context there were many unfinished maps for CMW that never made it to live.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

but we alpha testers

lol

and to put things in context there were many unfinished maps for CMW that never made it to live.

Ahh but the C:MW beta started about 2 years before release when torn Banner didn’t have time, money or a clue of what they were doing.

This alpha started in June and now they have all of the above.

• Does anyone have a complete list of known game modes that we are expecting to see in the final release?

Also, I’ve seen numerous references to the new duel mode, is it available in Beta or was it an Alpha only game mode?

• @JW:

Does anyone have a complete list of known game modes that we are expecting to see in the final release?

Also, I’ve seen numerous references to the new duel mode, is it available in Beta or was it an Alpha only game mode?

There’s improved duel modes and two new flag modes. They might even add classic CTF as well though that wasn’t in the alpha.

• @JW:

Does anyone have a complete list of known game modes that we are expecting to see in the final release?

Duel (choose your opponent; can also choose teammates and have multi-person duels).
    FFA
    2-6 teams: LTS, TDM
    2 teams: PTB, HTB (plant/hog the banner)

I am guessing the flag modes are limited to 2 teams. Technically HTB could be played with multiple teams without modifying any maps, I guess.

• @bestrafung:

Please forgive me if this has been asked before but I can’t seem to find the information. I’ve seen some server online with the Duel-Dojo map but I can’t find any information on the duel mode or maps for CDW. Is there a Wiki or post somewhere that I’m overlooking?

The only modes I’ve seen mentioned so far are FFA, TD, and LTS. If I’m missing anything please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Might have been my duel servers, I set up two duel servers when I got frustrated by the fact that the only duel server was behind password.

I’m not sure but the reason why there is no information about duel mode is probably because it’s quite buggy and clearly unfinished. I mean, it works but you can use throwables before fight begins, sometimes your opponent spawns in different arena, both duel maps feel unfinished, no duel rotation in official servers etc…

Duel maps are duel-bamboo and duel-dojo, duel-bamboo is really small and has only room for 3 pairs AFAIK, didn’t have time to run it much before I discovered that there is not enough room for even 12 player server. Dojo has room for 10 pairs and feels more finished, even if it has some weird flat texture all aroud.

If you are interested in seeing the duel mode in action, Ky Wild has recorded some matches: http://www.youtube.com/user/Larsofdoom/videos

As far as I know, only official gamemodes are FFA, TD, LTS and DUEL. DUEL is clearly WIP.

If you want to set up your own duel server, I can give you my server config. I’m not sure if I did it correctly (thanks to all new options) but hey, it works.