I really like deflecting shuriken.

• Enough to make a gif about it. Teehee.

http://i.imgur.com/5WG7Req.gif

Love the ability to do this now!

• deflecting thrown weapons as well
    apart from the pocket sand and guns firing through shields TB did pretty well on balancing all the ranged mechanics

• @BB:

deflecting thrown weapons as well
    apart from the pocket sand and guns firing through shields TB did pretty well on balancing all the ranged mechanics

Haha yeah I deflected a viking hammer earlier, recorded it but haven’t made a gif yet:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkTN683xsE&fea … tube_gdata

• what a beaut

• u can also deflect range weapons with a weapon windup or a release, looks pretty cool when u chop a Spartans spear in half mid air.

• @dotamachine:

u can also deflect range weapons with a weapon windup or a release, looks pretty cool when u chop a Spartans spear in half mid air.

whoah what?
    you sure about that?
    that sounds crazy

• Holy shit I didn’t know that. Awesome! I suppose bolts/arrows are not affected though? :D

• @BB:

@dotamachine:

u can also deflect range weapons with a weapon windup or a release, looks pretty cool when u chop a Spartans spear in half mid air.

whoah what?
    you sure about that?
    that sounds crazy

I’m not sure if this is what happened the other day but I panicked with the ninjato because a spartan threw his spear and I heard a parrying collision sound, That actually makes sense now.

• Did not know about this! Awesome!!! :D

• I’m kind of hoping they make it harder to deflect throwing weapons. At the moment, it’s far too easy.
    You have a .5 second window of invulnerability currently, and that’s just far too easy. I was hoping this would be more like TF2’s pyro reflect, which is fairly difficult to pull off without practice.

The main defense against throwing weapons should be movement to evade first, and parrying them second. I think they should consider keeping the same parry box, but for successful throwable deflects the window could be halved or quartered.

• @Gauntlet:

I’m kind of hoping they make it harder to deflect throwing weapons. At the moment, it’s far too easy.
    You have a .5 second window of invulnerability currently, and that’s just far too easy. I was hoping this would be more like TF2’s pyro reflect, which is fairly difficult to pull off without practice.

The main defense against throwing weapons should be movement to evade first, and parrying them second. I think they should consider keeping the same parry box, but for successful throwable deflects the window could be halved or quartered.

I second this.

• @dotamachine:

Does this mean you can literally slice an arrow in mid air if your timing is perfect? That HAS to be an achievement if you can. LOL.

• Can you block javelins? I’ve never had any success.

• Wow it’s true…I went back in game and it happened again, This time I blocked a shield, That’s such a weird mechanic. So theoretically you could potentially become immune to all projectiles if you were skilled enough…sweet. 8-)

• I am pretty sure I did a perfect parry on an arrow, I didn’t deflect it though. Don’t think it works on arrows/bolts.

• @fvonb:

I am pretty sure I did a perfect parry on an arrow, I didn’t deflect it though. Don’t think it works on arrows/bolts.

I have a new idea, Ninjas have bullet time. Everything slows down so they can knock away all the arrows and projectiles and then their special ability once a charge meter is full is to devour the enemies weapon and belch fire and incinerate the enemy team.

• @SirBlade:

@fvonb:

I am pretty sure I did a perfect parry on an arrow, I didn’t deflect it though. Don’t think it works on arrows/bolts.

I have a new idea, Ninjas have bullet time. Everything slows down so they can knock away all the arrows and projectiles and then their special ability once a charge meter is full is to devour the enemies weapon and belch fire and incinerate the enemy team.

You forgot the godmode!

• When they first put this in the game in alpha you could deflect bullets. In fact it was some
    Accidental deflection of bullets that made us find out that this was a feature for all projectiles. Becuase people have the strange tendency to try and parry incoming projectiles.

They took bullet deflection out though.