Free Weekend

• If only every weekend could be free weekend :(

until next time!

• Had a lot of free weekenders coming into servers and just abusing the votekick which was annoying.

Apart from that, it was fun, hopefully some of the fresh meat stuck around and bought the game.

• i’m sure plenty of people did, seemed like a lot of them had fun.

votekicks were crazy though haha. At least i didn’t catch any of that somehow.

• Would be nice if TBS would get the rank up, weapon unlock, and duel stats working for new players whenever they do this.

• @bootyhorn:

Would be nice if TBS would get the rank up, weapon unlock, and duel stats working for new players whenever they do this.

Indeed. No doubt many potential buyers were put off by these issues, which is a shame.

• yeah i wouldn’t mind so much about rank as a new player because i don’t know how it works anyhow… but weapon unlocks had to be frustrating not being able to get any sort of weapon progression and being jealous that they can’t swing a giant hammer around too.

• @clayton-bigsby:

yeah i wouldn’t mind so much about rank as a new player because i don’t know how it works anyhow… but weapon unlocks had to be frustrating not being able to get any sort of weapon progression and being jealous that they can’t swing a giant hammer around too.

Specially since they would have had to earn it against veteran players who would turn them into chopped liver in an instant. :)

• It. WAS. AWESOME!

New players are always welcome. Chopping through them too. Teaching eager ones is even more fun. Having troubles to join beloved servers due to them being full is always more fun than looking for one with players ;)

…and on top of that there is a lot of newbies still playing chiv after this free weekend, so hopefully some fresh men will stay with us ;)

• @DokB:

Had a lot of free weekenders coming into servers and just abusing the votekick which was annoying.

Apart from that, it was fun, hopefully some of the fresh meat stuck around and bought the game.

Sorry they sorta timed it wrong. All the admins were playing deadliest warrior. We weren’t around much. I popped in occasionally becuase I knew it was a free weekend but there was no trouble.

• IMO it would pretty healthy for the community to have a free weekend every 3-4 weeks. Even a friend who bought the game and hasn’t played for a long time has teamed with me for a few matches.

• @DokB:

@clayton-bigsby:

yeah i wouldn’t mind so much about rank as a new player because i don’t know how it works anyhow… but weapon unlocks had to be frustrating not being able to get any sort of weapon progression and being jealous that they can’t swing a giant hammer around too.

Specially since they would have had to earn it against veteran players who would turn them into chopped liver in an instant. :)

My two irl friend thats played in the free week and actually bought the game because they loved it but they had this problem too, however, they still did unlock weapons. The counter just wasn’t working.

• fix rank bug by disallowing progression XD

• Yes, I’m the fresh meat :D.
    Well, I have always had these two things I wanted, Warband:Napoleonic Wars, and Chivalry, the thing is, I was focused on Napoleonic Wars, since it was more likely that I would get it then, BAM! 75% OFF! So great Steam.

• It was so fun! I had some awesome KDR these days.

I’m pretty sure a lot of new players bought the game, there are lots of low-ranks now.

• @Jezal:

It was so fun! I had some awesome KDR these days.

I’m pretty sure a lot of new players bought the game, there are lots of low-ranks now.

Yeah I checked the stats, they have double the number of concurrent players.

Game is fun.

• hopefully they stay but the game’s real buggy lately, and the progression/server browser issues/game crashes will certainly frustrate all the new players as it does everyone else.

• I try and protect the new players from votekicks and stuff. Someone starts a votekick against some rank 3 for teamkilling I will cancel it and point out that accidental TK is no reason for votekicking them and actually counts as votekick abuse. New players shouldn’t be punished for being new. There’s a few other silly things they can do wrong but I will per it slide if they afe new. Like thinking the king is an NPC and doesn’t get affected by team damage. And most people will experiment by hitting the king.