Reduced damage in the beginning of release

• Does anyone have some more info on this:
    How long is the timeframe in which damage is reduced? How much is the damage reduced?
    Does it also affect late release (to counter drags)?
    Are all attacks affected (stab)?

I like the idea of it, but I think it is too strict right now. I’m playing the longsword and I need 4-6 hits to kill an enemy. Sometimes you have these epic 1vs4 fights where you deal like 6 hits, but noone dies. You’re still fighting 4 guys even though you did a really good job. Then you die and all that effort was for nothing. During these fights I often think “go for the spartan, you hit him like 3 times already” and yeah, the spartan doesn’t care, he is not even bloody.

• @fvonb:

Does anyone have some more info on this:
    How long is the timeframe in which damage is reduced? How much is the damage reduced?
    Does it also affect late release (to counter drags)?
    Are all attacks affected (stab)?

I like the idea of it, but I think it is too strict right now. I’m playing the longsword and I need 4-6 hits to kill an enemy. Sometimes you have these epic 1vs4 fights where you deal like 6 hits, but noone dies. You’re still fighting 4 guys even though you did a really good job. Then you die and all that effort was for nothing. During these fights I often think “go for the spartan, you hit him like 3 times already” and yeah, the spartan doesn’t care, he is not even bloody.

Happens to me all the time when I’m using knights, So use to using drags strikes from CMW that I often forget this is part of the game. I hit a viking like 5 times with a longsword and he didn’t die, Happened to me countless of other times to, I can hold my own against 3 people with the knight but it turns it to a slugging match where it literally turns into me having to hit each person 5 times to kill them and I’m the one who ends up dead.

Although it doesn’t seem like halbred has this problem…2 hits everytime, No matter what.

• You can view the tracers and damage by using the “Visualiztion Training” room in the tutorial.
    You can open it in the console by typine in “open tut-training”

• @Alyx:

You can view the tracers can damage by using the “Visualiztion Training” room in the tutorial.

omg that shit is tight

what’s the deal with the Ninja Sickle’s tracers though, you have to look up to get the most damaging tracer to hit the enemy

I like the idea though

• oh this explains quite a lot. I think it’s rather stupid for any stab though because you either have to be really far away, or do some weird dragging to deal max damage.

• @Alyx:

Wow, just wow. A decent tutorial/training level. Wow.

Look at this normal OH with a longsword (didn’t move the mouse while swinging):

Blue is reduced, green normal and red boosted damage. I think blue is way too long. You have to accelerate most of the attacks because otherwise the enemy goes for a hittrade or already ran 5 meter away during your windup.

But now look at this alt OH (didn’t move mouse, looked at the same spot):

No comment :D

• tracers are weird. I think the spartan spears are the worst because you can’t drag them as well as yari spear. The damage stops half way through the poke, so you only do damge with direct hits. In group fights this kinda blows.

• @fvonb:

yeah tracer damages are definitely off, hopefully they get looked at

• Spartan shield bash is always red btw, that’s why it’s so strong (:

• @fvonb:

@Alyx:

Wow, just wow. A decent tutorial/training level. Wow.

Look at this normal OH with a longsword (didn’t move the mouse while swinging):

Blue is reduced, green normal and red boosted damage. I think blue is way too long. You have to accelerate most of the attacks because otherwise the enemy goes for a hittrade or already ran 5 meter away during your windup.

No comment :D

Red is 100% damage (normal).
    Green is 75-99% damage
    Blue is 50-74% damage.

• @lemonater47:

Red is 100% damage (normal).
    Green is 75-99% damage
    Blue is 50-74% damage.

This is correct.

• @BB:

@Alyx:

You can view the tracers can damage by using the “Visualiztion Training” room in the tutorial.

omg that shit is tight

what’s the deal with the Ninja Sickle’s tracers though, you have to look up to get the most damaging tracer to hit the enemy

I like the idea though

Ninja sickle tracers are supposed to be like that? I kept testing them in alpha and they skew for max damage right at the end hey? I think it’s for a really different play-style. Also the bostaff is messed up at the moment (I think it’s a bug). When you’re close to someone, not quite facehug distance, all swings hit with blue tracers. It’s a bit silly. Check it out.

• Oh the Staff’s deal is easy, same thing that was going on with the staff in MW
    Thanks to the way the staff attacks, it hits instantly on release, if you take a close look at the tracers you’ll see the butt of the stick hits before the part you’re actually trying to hit with

• @BB:

Oh the Staff’s deal is easy, same thing that was going on with the staff in MW
    Thanks to the way the staff attacks, it hits instantly on release, if you take a close look at the tracers you’ll see the butt of the stick hits before the part you’re actually trying to hit with

same with the Yari swings (: