Blocking With No Stamina: Stun Gone-Combos Enabled

• @DokB:

But that sounds stupid and makes little sense.

first off, it mechanically accomplishes the same thing as in MW: allowing the attacker to get a hit in

second, stuns are bad game design
    they aren’t fun
    you should have as few as possible in your game

I don’t see a downside here

! third, it is realistic, you got no energy to block, why would the enemy get knocked back from your block when you don’t even have enough energy to jump?
    !
    ! spoilered because fuck your realism
    @Nihilum:

Trying to translate from poor wording… something like this?:

you guys are terrible, I even bolded the important words for you
    let me try your language

[a] has no stamina. attacks [a]. [a] parries successfully. continues comboing.
    it’s not rocket science guys

• Oh that’s what you mean. Yeah, couldn’t really understand what you were trying to get at.

But if what I’m reading from your example is correct, isn’t Player [a] still stunned anyway?
    Getting stunned in MW is still essentially a free hit to the attacker.

• @DokB:

But if what I’m reading from your example is correct, isn’t Player [a] still stunned anyway?

Yup, but not nearly as long as it is in MW

• I didn’t even know it worked like this, but it certainly explains a bunch of times when’ve I’ve been allowed to keep comboing after being parried. It’d be cool if this fact was mentioned somewhere in game because the reduced stun time was pissing me off.

• there is so much shit that isn’t mentioned
    like panic parry removal, or differing tracer damage, and probably a bunch of other crap too!

• @BB:

or differing tracer damage

Man, I had a funny moment today when a classic vanilla chiv player kept backwards overhanding me and I was playing a knight, and he started raging because after four hits I was still fine and dandy, but I would be downing him in two or three.

Love the different tracer damage. Fuck your instant hits for anything but initiative stealing.

Also on topic: I like the new stun model, it’s actually how I always envisioned it to be. It’s not ALWAYS a guaranteed hit like the other stun, because this one only works if the player intends to keep combo’ing, and sometimes they don’t, so the stun happens, but ends soon enough for you to parry the follow up attack.

• I agree with the OP, this is better than the current Medieval Warfare model!

• I haven’t had enough experience with the mechanic to see if I like it or not.

• @B4RK:

I agree with the OP, this is better than the current Medieval Warfare model!

it’d be lovely if they could move all the new mechanics over

actually
    let’s just move all the MW maps over to DW
    that’ll be fine

• @BB:

panic parry removal

The best thing to ever happen in the game. It’s so fun punishing people for missing hits.

• @Event:

@BB:

panic parry removal

The best thing to ever happen in the game. It’s so fun punishing people for missing hits.

the panic parry and CFTP were only ever necessary for slow hitting short weapons
    but this game doesn’t have any so I’m not really sad to see them go

• @BB:

… panic parry removal…

What do you mean by this? I’ve only been playing DW beta a couple of days now.

• @lejosh:

@BB:

… panic parry removal…

What do you mean by this? I’ve only been playing DW beta a couple of days now.

In Medieval Warfare you can parry during your weapons Recovery. This was called a Panic Parry and is removed in DW.