Beta Feedback

• First off I am having an absolute blast with C:DW, only wish I had a local beta server in Asia to play on. Playing on Western Australian GON server and getting <100 ping so it isn’t too bad, C:MW was much worse.

The game feels great for a beta but there a few things urking me that I hope get addressed.

1. Please let me pick up my thrown objects from dead bodies. I play Viking/Spartan almost exclusively and there is nothing worse than throwing a spear, missing my target, but it hitting a corpse and I can’t retrieve it. Also, please let me pick up my shield again as a Viking.

2. Please let us chat after the match ends.

3. Please add Autobalance. It really sucks when it is Ninja vs Pirate and there are 3 ninjas against 15 pirates.

4. Please add unique Viking voices. The Spartan, Pirate and Ninja voices are absolutely brilliant. Well done!

5. Please fix the draw bridge in the castle level. After it is raised, if you walk in to the area under it you have a high chance of randomly exploding. Was disastrous and hilarious in a game when my band of Vikings charged towards defending Knights and 3/4 of us all exploded at once.

6. Please fix the floating objects glitches everywhere. Arrows, props, and at some points even corpses all hovering off the ground.

7. Please try and do something to deal with Pirate chaingunning. On the Pirate treasure island level if a large band of pirates take the bridge they can be pretty much unstoppable as you can’t get close enough to them. This is made worse by the Autobalance issue in point 3.

8. Please add some smaller maps. I’m thinking of Arena from C:MW and the intensity that came with it.

9. The graphics and animations on all of the classes looks fantastic. I really love the Pirate’s swagger when he has a pistol drawn and the Ninja stealth walk. Can you please add some “shine” to the topless Spartan? I just imagine the dude would be very sweaty after running around kicking people down holes all day.

10. Please add customizable beards for Vikings.

11. Please let the Spartan shield stop damage from the Pirate guns. Surely the bronze shield would significantly stop a bullet?

Ok, longer list than I’d hoped for. Will see if I can find more as I keep playing.

Fantastic work TBS, cannot wait for this to go live. :D

• This is a beta and you have complained about all the obvious bugs. TB already knows about them. ;)

Though having the current autobalnce would actually be worse. First of all it can’t properly balance more than 2 teams. Also it will spawn you as a samurai no matter what team you are on. It was added late alpha and taken out right before beta.

Pirates in groups. In melee combat a pirate can hold his own in 1v1 as soon as they get into group combat however they aren’t that great and have low health. All you gotta do is rally your team up and charge forward towards them. Not advisable with ninja but everyone else including the shieldless samurai can do it. If your gonna do it with ninja lots of smoke is advised.

Charge forward shields high no hesitation. You’ll lose about 15% of your team on the initial charge and another 20% in the combat as many are wounded. But you kill 100% of the pirates in that group. Great strategy to eliminate the pirates in LTS. Also good to throw something when you get close but you have to watch who the pirates are aiming at and if they are reloading. As a knight using the crossbow when you get close is also effective provided you swap weapons and charge again without reloading.

And spartan shield stop a bullet??? Hell no. First of all its made of bronze which isn’t much better at stopping projectiles than wood it. Second of all its not that thick at all. A few millimetres. Look at it. Not even a centimetre. Knight heater shield is made of steel or iron but again its not too thick. But it could probably stop a bullet. Still hurt though and its probably force the shield all the way back to your chest injuring your arm and probably your Chest anyway. Does about 15 damage against knight shield and about 20 against a spartan shield. Blunderbuss is 5 damage per pellet (fires 8 per shot) against the shield and about 2-3 damage against a knight shield. The grand tickle gun. You can take a blunderbuss shot point blank to the shield like a champ and kill the pirate who obviously hasn’t changed weapons to melee.

There will be 32 player map sizes of each map. At the moment each map is built for 64 players.

• @lemonater47:

This is a beta and you have complained about all the obvious bugs. TB already knows about them. ;)

Again and again you bash people who provide feedback.

Cut it out.

• @JW:

First off I am having an absolute blast with C:DW, only wish I had a local beta server in Asia to play on.

Yeh. I would love to play this game but it’s not really possible right now.

• awesome on all points

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

This is a beta and you have complained about all the obvious bugs. TB already knows about them. ;)

Again and again you bash people who provide feedback.

Cut it out.

No bashing would be “you fucking retard those bugs are bloody obvious torn banner already knows about them why do all you idiots keep reporting the same obvious things over and over agains its a fucking beta”.

I did not say that.

• @dudeface:

@JW:

First off I am having an absolute blast with C:DW, only wish I had a local beta server in Asia to play on.

Yeh. I would love to play this game but it’s not really possible right now.

Well if you do want to play on GON servers I won’t kick those from Asia if you have over 200 ping. Didn’t realise you had no servers. I usually check the country of the person anyway just in case they’re spiking or something. Most of the 200+ players we get are from the states and most of them don’t even know what ping is or say “250 ping isn’t bad”.

• @lemonater47:

Pirates in groups. In melee combat a pirate can hold his own in 1v1 as soon as they get into group combat however they aren’t that great and have low health. All you gotta do is rally your team up and charge forward towards them. Not advisable with ninja but everyone else including the shieldless samurai can do it. If your gonna do it with ninja lots of smoke is advised.

Hopefully we will see more of this but I find people too scared to rush in due to the insta-bullet death. :)

@lemonater47:

And spartan shield stop a bullet??? Hell no. First of all its made of bronze which isn’t much better at stopping projectiles than wood it. Second of all its not that thick at all. A few millimetres. Look at it. Not even a centimetre.

A bullet, maybe. But for the blunderbuss we are talking forks and stuff, right? Surely it would stop those?

@lemonater47:

This is a beta and you have complained about all the obvious bugs. TB already knows about them.

I haven’t seen any acknowledgement from TBS that they know about them, hence raising them. Just in case, y’know? ;)

• Oh, and one more.

12. Please let the Viking shield break after a number of hits. It’s wood, and sounds like it is going to break, so I think it should.

• @JW:

Oh, and one more.

12. Please let the Viking shield break after a number of hits. It’s wood, and sounds like it is going to break, so I think it should.

Actually the Viking shield is probably thicker than the wooden kite shield.

• @lemonater47:

Perhaps it’s the sound - it sounds as though it should splinter and crack after a few hits. If we can already throw the shield, we can live without it, so let it break. Just for fun. :D

• Actually the pistol probably wouldn’t be able to pen a metal shields. Pistols like that shoot bullets at much less kinetic energy than full sized muskets do.

• @wyrda78:

Actually the pistol probably wouldn’t be able to pen a metal shields. Pistols like that shoot bullets at much less kinetic energy than full sized muskets do.

The thin Bronze one It’ll get through. Probably not the knights steel one but the force of the round can break your arm.

• @lemonater47:

@wyrda78:

Actually the pistol probably wouldn’t be able to pen a metal shields. Pistols like that shoot bullets at much less kinetic energy than full sized muskets do.

The thin Bronze one It’ll get through. Probably not the knights steel one but the force of the round can break your arm.

I doubt it would break your arm. The force of the bullet would be absorbed by the mass of the shield.

• @lemonater47:

Well if you do want to play on GON servers I won’t kick those from Asia if you have over 200 ping. Didn’t realise you had no servers. I usually check the country of the person anyway just in case they’re spiking or something. Most of the 200+ players we get are from the states and most of them don’t even know what ping is or say “250 ping isn’t bad”.

Much appreciated but from here in India my ping to Aus is actually worse than to the US! I can play on Singapore servers just fine, but there are none for DW.

My SG buddies can play on Aus servers without me ;__;

• @dudeface:

@lemonater47:

Much appreciated but from here in India my ping to Aus is actually worse than to the US! I can play on Singapore servers just fine, but there are none for DW.

My SG buddies can play on Aus servers without me ;__;

India damn that might be a bit far. Many people don’t include India in Asia. India is India.

But yes there’s far more cables going to the US from India than there are going to Australia.

You could host your own server. That’s what about 5 of us did down here before GON finally put some up. Sure they were shitty private servers but hey they were servers we could play on. I hosted one for a bit even. Could run about 24 people. At 30 it was struggling bad. But I was also playing from the same computer and my computer is no beast. But my connection was the best out off all the servers so it was still one of the better ones.

• @lemonater47:

No bashing would be “you fucking retard those bugs are bloody obvious torn banner already knows about them why do all you idiots keep reporting the same obvious things over and over agains its a fucking beta”.

I did not say that.

People can read between the lines

@lemonater47:

God damn this is the problem with people. They think they know what a beta and Alpha should be.

This is a beta. Not full release. It can be in any state they Bloody well feel like.

You have been saying this all over the forums.

I understand you want to be the guardian of DW but seriously take a break.

It wouldn’t be so bad if you were right most of the time.

• ! or even occasionally
    The point of an open beta (which is what you are in now) is to get feedback on a mostly finished product. Hopping from thread to thread saying “I’M SURE TBS ALREADY KNOWS THIS” seems counter-productive.

• @JW:

@lemonater47:

Perhaps it’s the sound - it sounds as though it should splinter and crack after a few hits. If we can already throw the shield, we can live without it, so let it break. Just for fun. :D

Scenario 1: Viking is 1V1’ing a knight, both use shield, both trade hits… vikings shield suddenly breaks… the knight now has a GREAT advantedge, the viking now has to struggle even harder and get lucky to finish the knight off (who by the way, has an indestructable shield lol)

Scenario 2: Viking is facing 2-3 enemies and as a reflex he puts he’s shield up to block incoming hits… has succes with blocking all hits 5 times and as the 3 enemies all start to swing the first of the hits break the shield.
    Viking: “oh this is going just great!! i am actually holding against 3-wtf my shield?-GARRRHAHAAGGGGG!!”
    ded from the 2 other swings which is no longer being blocked…

“for the fun of it”… my ass…

• @JW:

11. Please let the Spartan shield stop damage from the Pirate guns. Surely the bronze shield would significantly stop a bullet?

Somewhat off-topic but if I’m not wrong, the Spartan shields (hoplons) historically were made of wood with only a thin layer of bronze outside for decoration purposes.