[Tweak] Hate the Chiv start up movies? Update:after patch

• Ok so the new patch came out and low and behold instead of fixing animations in game we get a new one in the game loading and a new orange flag in the main menu. So after a little more research, I found another, simple way to rid yourself of the movies and since the patch, you will have to do it again since the patch reset everything.

So open your Steam Library and right click Chiv
    Choose properties
    then choose SET LAUNCH OPTIONS
    in the space enter this:
    -nostartupmovies
    and hit OK and close out the remaining windows
    Start Chiv enjoy no movies.

Original post and instructions in the spoiler alert.

! Do you get freaked out by the really loud UDK logo and Torn Banner logo movies every time you want to play Chiv?
    !
    ! Would you like to remove them all together so that when you want to play Chiv it loads straight to the menu?
    !
    ! Well do I have the tweak for you….
    !
    ! Now before we begin, if you have no experience in tweaking your game, do this at your own risk.
    !
    ! Find your UDKEngine.ini file (usually islocated: My Documents/My Games/Chivalry Medieval Warfare/UDKGame/Config) and open it with Notepad.
    !
    ! Find the following lines:
    ! [FullScreenMovie]
    ! bForceNoMovies=False
    ! StartupMovies=UE3_logo
    ! SkippableMovies=UE3_logo
    ! bShouldStopMovieAtEndOfLoadMap=TRUE
    ! StartupMovies=TBS_logo
    ! SkippableMovies=TBS_logo
    ! StartupMovies=StartupLoading
    ! LoadMapMovies=SWF.Transition_Screen
    !
    ! Now Delete the highlighted movies above so that it looks like this:
    ! [FullScreenMovie]
    ! bForceNoMovies=False
    ! bShouldStopMovieAtEndOfLoadMap=TRUE
    ! StartupMovies=StartupLoading
    ! LoadMapMovies=SWF.Transition_Screen
    !
    ! Hit save and you are done!
    !
    ! You are welcome….
    !
    ! Brought to you by |?i??| Retsnom McBoogerballs
    ! :D

• The alternative being for the technically inept and the lazy, just mash escape to bypass them.

• @DokB:

The alternative being for the technically inept and the lazy, just mash escape to bypass them.

That doesn’t stop the movies from starting, just from continuing to play. This tweak is easy and it saves load time not to mention having to press any buttons.

• Meh the unreal one doesn’t explode for me.

• Yes, thank you! The intro is incredibly loud and I always take off my headphones when I start up the game just because of that. The weird thing is, I tried this very same solution a couple months/weeks ago and it would crash when I tried joining a game. Doesn’t crash anymore. Maybe one of the updates in between changed something. Anyways, thanks a lot.

• At first I had just turned the ForceNoMovies to True but that stopped the loading of StartUpoading which has crucial files that need to be loaded and yes it would crash when joining a server. But by deleting just the two beginning movies only, the rest of the game loads correctly and quickly without that the loud crazy UDK and TB logo animations.

I have also been playing with some INI tweaks to increase the game’s memory pools and heap sizes to load more of the game into memory. I have been somewhat successful. I have also tried to increase the amount of CPU the game uses as well but not so successful. All of this to optimize and make the game run smoother and faster. I will always post findings when I find them.

• Thanks a lot :)

• You can also get rid of them by deleting “TBS_logo.bik” and “UE3_logo.bik” in “Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Movies

Makes it load directly into the main menu without the annoyingly loud intro movies. If you don’t want to delete the files you can simply move them somewhere else.

• @Retsnom:

I have also been playing with some INI tweaks to increase the game’s memory pools and heap sizes to load more of the game into memory. I have been somewhat successful. I have also tried to increase the amount of CPU the game uses as well but not so successful. All of this to optimize and make the game run smoother and faster. I will always post findings when I find them.

now THAT is something I think a lot of people would love to see

• I’m not sure if there’s a connection between this fix and my issue, but ever since I got rid of the start-up movies, my game has crashed every time the map changes. It could be that I’m just getting really unlucky but if it persists, I’ll have to put it back to how it was.

• As long as you remove only the skipable movies and leave the others you should be fine. Also make sure that it looks exactly as I have mentioned. I have not had a single problem.

[FullScreenMovie]
    bForceNoMovies=False
    bShouldStopMovieAtEndOfLoadMap=TRUE
    StartupMovies=StartupLoading
    LoadMapMovies=SWF.Transition_Screen

The load map movies and start up movies have to be there along with force no movies=false.