Samurai are too good

• they have some of the best armor. Equip the longest most powerful sword in addition to the best spear in the game. The yari spear is absolutely ridiculous in all team fights which is the majority of the game. That combined with just slashing around kills pretty much everything in their way. Every single game i played today that had samurai as an option, the samurai win. They are the most unbalanced class at the moment. There is no class even in 1v1 i would say that compares to it. Sure skill beats the class, but in teams they win every time, and usually by a landslide.

i think the spartans should be able to spear combo, but not samurai… that might balance out the spear… currenlty it’s too good. That is my idea as a step toward balancing them. Becuase right now you have the longest or one of the longest powerful swords slashing aorund, and then spears have free roam to just poke on the sides with more range than a lot of the spartan spear. I was under the impression spartan spears should be good, at least better than samurai with spear, but theyre not. Let spartan combo, take it awy from samurai. As fun as it is to use the spear with samurai, it’s OP.

• Every game I’ve been in it has always come down to Samurai or Knight being the best, Just in my experience Knight always comes out on top, In my experience anyway. I’m always suprised at how much damage the nodachi does to me as a Knight it’s a little silly I’ll admit, Samurai use to be my favourite, I’d just roll with the Katana and Yumi Bow. Then I switched to Ninja because I just loved the way Ninja plays.

I now have utter and total contempt towards the Samurai class, I’ve probably died to Samurai 2 times more than any class all together combined. I feel like they’ve combined the best of both worlds with the Samurai you’re getting everything, Incredible range, Awesome damage output weapons and a very strong bow not only that but they’re almost as fast as some of the lighter classes making them almost an unstoppable opponent if they know how to play their class well.

• i agree that samurai is OP… but its definitly not the spear that makes him OP… not that alone…

to my view, it seems to be the combination of all the best weapons + even a bow (yes this bow can 1 shot a ninja and a pirate if aimed correctly… i expierienced that last night) and ALOT of armor for its class and decent/good speed… and then there is the pull-slash which have saved/screwed me over countless times.

i think a reduce in armor of about 10-20% would balance the class out…

there is nothing more disheartening than hitting a samurai 3 times with a skeggox just to see him stand there saying “SEI!!” as he finishes you off with a clean hit to the face at a retarded distance.

• the naga is broken, and the nodachi might need speed adjustement but nothing more then animation optimization other then that. Rest is fine.

• Nodachi needs a re balance, and samurai should have maybe 5% less armour. Then it would be balanced.

• I’ll tell you guys when I start having a problem fighting Sams

• @BB:

I’ll tell you guys when I start having a problem fighting Sams

I just noticed you’re no longer in balance council. Good call TBS….Good call.

• Samurai aren’t “too good” IMO. The problem is that the other classes need to be brought in line with it. Personally I feel like the samurai and obviously the knight port are theonly2 classes that feel, for a lack of a better word, finished. Basically they are the only 2 that I can play and not feel like I’m gimped due to a poorly balanced weapon selection or spotty mechanics(i.e. Ninja roll feels very clunky or berserk being almost useless as Viking). The tweaks are needed on the other classes before we jump on the nerf this or that bandwagon. Just my 2 cents.

• @SirBlade:

@BB:

lol Balance Council was a sham to fool the clannies into thinking TB was listening to them anyways

• @BB:

@SirBlade:

@BB:

lol Balance Council was a sham to fool the clannies into thinking TB was listening to them anyways

So does that mean it is no longer around? or are you just but mad that you got kicked?

• Looks like the balance council is gone. Knil was a member of it wasn’t he? He’s not labelled either.

• actually looks like we’re all still on the council, even the ones that explicitly quit the game
    memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11468

I never expected TB to be arsed with removing any of us, they simply deleted the BC decal

• @BB:

actually looks like we’re all still on the council, even the ones that explicitly quit the game
    memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11468

I never expected TB to be arsed with removing any of us, they simply deleted the BC decal

for an official member of any official group that has to do with balancing issues, you sure show alot of disrespect and direct rudeness towards the players you respond to…

can’t believe they would take in a guy like you after seeing your ‘performance’ here on this forum… but perhaps they didn’t see it at all? YET?

• I can’t be arsed to coddle dummies
    telling you to fuck off is a lot easier than explaining why you’re so wrong

more on topic, I’ve never seen a team class game won by the Sams when teams were even
    they only ever win by outnumber the rest of the server 8v5

• Samurai are fine, get good clayton

• Samurai are very far from being fine.

They pretty much have everything. Great speed, sick dmg, insane reach, and decent hp.
    The only other classes that can compare would be Knight or Spartan, and only if they are superior skilled.

I started out playing a decent amount of Samurai thinking they were fairly balanced, but after playing the other classes a bit more it’s pretty safe to say they are worlds apart.

Also nerf the goddamn pirate, WHY OH WHY CAN THAT BASTARD 1-SHOT A VIKING AND SPARTAN? I MEAN COME ON

Also shooting through Spartan shields just makes me shake me head, and exit the game

• yari spear ftw baby. idk i guess they could be left alone… but in live that will be the only class i will use if i want to win easily every time. Crushed, which class were you playing with on stream running around killing everything? which class do you play the MOST? We’ve all been mixing the characters trying everything, but every single time i’ve seen you in game which class were you? What is your reason for being samurai so often?

• i was joking calm your tits

• i can’t tell man. Srsly though they are very strong right now. I can beat them with other classes, but not an entire team of them so i def win small groups of combat in team, but overall their team fighting skill is so good. Last time i used them I didn’t die at all and got plenty of kills. Was LTS or something like that.

i’ll be playing tomorrow and streaming.

• Sams are fine , look they have no shields and they dont have any special items or super powers, with the viking you can kill a sam in 1 good combo , the vik can REGEN health and throw their weapons and dual wield , the ninja can kill a sam easy! just use the gas bomb + a combo , they can also dodge , and they have a good melee reach weapon, Spartans have the shield that in the current build cant be kicked to follow with a melee attack, they can throw a spear that will kill u in 1 hit , please check a 2v2 fight sams vs spartans (spartans will win because of the shield and long range), Pirates can kill a sam with the pistol in ONE SHOT !!! if they get into a melee fight , the sam will prop win, and Knights are sams with more armor and shields , but a little slower so ….

If anything I would ask the devs to nerf the range of the pirate pistols and change the AOE of the ninja gas