Samurai are too good

• Having now played a fair bit, really liking the way deadliest warrior is heading… but at the risk of sounding like I’m jumping on the samurai are OP band wagon…

I see too many folk and too many samurai teams dominating for it to be fluke.

Lets just put it in context, imagine giving a vanguard in chiv, a much faster two handed sword, beefed up armour, a bow, and there you have it, a samurai as it stands.

Rather than suggest an unimaginative debuff for the samurai, part of the thing I love is the different flavour to each ‘class’ in DW, so why not try to expand on that…

1. Ditch combo’s, leave him with an exceptionally fast and heavy well ranged set of attacks, but make every strike individual. Sort of suits the samurai / kendo-ish flavour of striking in my mind anyway.

Or.
    2. Really slow his movement, making his own mobility suffer for the mobility of the weapon, this fits potentially for a game play mechanic, though probably less well with reality, since it’d be silly to have a guy running rings in full plate…

Or.
    3. The opposite of the archer’s backstab, a debuff for none-frontal hits by %50, call it honour, whatever :)

• Samurai totally balanced.
    get good, fuk u scrub etc. etc.

• Now you all know what it feels like to be a vanguard with knight armor. 8-)

• Its just the No-Dachi sword that’s the problem. The rest of the samurai is fine. A slight slowdown in windup, combo and recovery to punish LMB spamming with it and it’ll be fine.

@KONGEN:

Also nerf the goddamn pirate, WHY OH WHY CAN THAT BASTARD 1-SHOT A VIKING AND SPARTAN? I MEAN COME ON

Also shooting through Spartan shields just makes me shake me head, and exit the game

You volunteering to get shot in the face? To prove that bullets get stopped completely by your skull before they enter your brain.

Against spartan shield pistole does 20 damage and the blunderbuss does 5 damage per pellet and it fired 8 per shot.

A single spartan can head on charge a group of pirates with his shield raised. He will get about 3 metres away before he does sometimes he even reaches them and gets killed in melee.

How about a group of Spartans. They can charge across open ground and reach the pirates and cut them all down.

Pirates aren’t OP. Just learn how to defeat them.

• Pretty sure this was the first thing everyone learned about DW the moment they played it. I always feel dirty after doing a samurai round. Glad everyone is so focused on the nodachi, maybe they’ll overlook the true overpowered weapon. Anyway, its fairly obvious they have too much armor for how much range, damage, and speed they have. Bring them down to vanguard armor, bam problem solved.

• you fuckers are crazy
    Sams never dominate the scoreboard
    ever

I’ve never seen them and neither have you
    how the fuck did you guys even come to this conclusion

• @Slight:

Glad everyone is so focused on the nodachi, maybe they’ll overlook the true overpowered weapon.

Schhh, don’t tell them about the naginata

• @BB:

you fuckers are crazy
    Sams never dominate the scoreboard
    ever

I’ve never seen them and neither have you
    how the fuck did you guys even come to this conclusion

BB not to be rude but did you graduate highschool? I’m joking, chill out. Real talk doe, what is preventing you from capitalizing your sentences, using periods at the end of your sentences, and using basic sentence structure?

Also I’m interpreting your post as sarcasm.

@KONGEN:

@Slight:

Glad everyone is so focused on the nodachi, maybe they’ll overlook the true overpowered weapon.

That one’s good but there’s still one considerably better.

• @Slight:

@KONGEN:

@Slight:

Is it the yari? I saw Xjapan using it so it’s probably the most OP weapon.

• @wyrda78:

@Slight:

@KONGEN:

I will neither confirm nor deny this.

• @wyrda78:

@Slight:

Japan can beat anyone with any weapon he fancies. He’s one of the best, if not the best player in Australia. He’s no one trick pony. A bit reliant on feints though.

No you need a good spear users approval. What’s that guys name from IVI. LVl or something like that. Only 3 letters an his name looks very similar to the clan tag. He’s a good brandistock user.

• Samurai is Vanguard with Knight health. Sucks. I hate the class because of this. Refuse to play as it because it brings me no joy. Love other classes though.

• @lemonater47:

@wyrda78:

@Slight:

Japan can beat anyone with any weapon he fancies. He’s one of the best, if not the best player in Australia. He’s no one trick pony. A bit reliant on feints though.

No you need a good spear users approval. What’s that guys name from IVI. LVl or something like that. Only 3 letters an his name looks very similar to the clan tag. He’s a good brandistock user.

Well I wouldn’t know how skilled he is, I vowed never to duel him again after I got mad that he wouldn’t stop feinting against me in a duel server. He has a ‘play to win above all else’ mentality; he annoys me.

But I don’t know about the title of ‘best player in Australia’, vengeance is pretty damn good.

• @BB:

I can’t be arsed to coddle dummies
    telling you to fuck off is a lot easier than explaining why you’re so wrong

more on topic, I’ve never seen a team class game won by the Sams when teams were even
    they only ever win by outnumber the rest of the server 8v5

While you are right and the Samurai, I think, win at the moment is because they are like buffed vanguards and people know how to play that and not the other classes. When you have a sufficiently skilled team of a different class they can wipe the floor with the samurai. I have no trouble killing them and I’m sure many other players don’t either. However, your tone is completely unbecoming. Taking that little bit of extra time to explain rather than completely dismissing people rudely is what people need here to understand. Remember that not everyone is as good as you and doesn’t have the knowledge of the game mechanics that you do nor the tactics you would use and when to use them. Go easy.

• In Australia people whine about feints?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

In Australia people whine about feints?

I whine about feints.

• @Slight:

Real talk doe, what is preventing you from capitalizing your sentences, using periods at the end of your sentences, and using basic sentence structure?

effort
    @Slight:

still true
    I have never seen Sams dominate anything ever, and neither have you

@Footbeard:

However, your tone is completely unbecoming.

my tone is up to interpretation

• I’m not going to say Samurai is OP, but I do feel a bit underpowered as the other classes. For example the swords of the Spartan feel pretty useless and knights vs ninjas seems to be a joke. I would say instead of hitting samurai with a nerf bat they should buff the other classes that need it.

• @BB:

@Slight:

still true
    I have never seen Sams dominate anything ever, and neither have you

I don’t get you. If there was ever anything in the history of chivalry that was blatantly overpowered/unbalanced its the samurai class.

You’re a veteran player and yet you’re acting like there’s nothing wrong with them. I would think you’d have more sense than that.

@BB:

@Slight:

Real talk doe, what is preventing you from capitalizing your sentences, using periods at the end of your sentences, and using basic sentence structure?

effort

I mean on the other side of the coin why should anyone read your posts if you’re putting no effort into them?

• @Slight:

I don’t get you. If there was ever anything in the history of chivalry that was blatantly overpowered/unbalanced its the samurai class.

You’re a veteran player and yet you’re acting like there’s nothing wrong with them. I would think you’d have more sense than that.

betas been out THREE FUCKING DAYS
    what kind of dumb butt comes to that sort of conclusion that fast

you aren’t even basing this off anything
    all you’re saying is “well it’s obvious they’re op” or “omg I hate those sams”

haven’t seen shit for proof as to the effectiveness of the Sams, and I have never had a problem killing them
    here’s what I have to assume:
    1. Everyone else is being dumb babies
    or
    2. I am the greatest player ever and can kill OP classes with no problem

I don’t dread the sight of a Sam and I’ve never had any bad experiences with them

@Slight:

I mean on the other side of the coin why should anyone read your posts if you’re putting no effort into them?

why should you?
    I’m certainly not forcing you to
    you can stop whenever you like
    really though, stop