How many hours do you have?

A lot.

• @DokB:

@wyrda78:

@rumpelstiltskin:

In Australia people whine about feints?

I whine about feints.

How many hours do you have?

Stop right there criminal scum! There is no amount of hours that will make you a mind reader.

• @BB:

@Slight:

I don’t get you. If there was ever anything in the history of chivalry that was blatantly overpowered/unbalanced its the samurai class.

You’re a veteran player and yet you’re acting like there’s nothing wrong with them. I would think you’d have more sense than that.

betas been out THREE FUCKING DAYS
    what kind of dumb butt comes to that sort of conclusion that fast

you aren’t even basing this off anything
    all you’re saying is “well it’s obvious they’re op” or “omg I hate those sams”

haven’t seen shit for proof as to the effectiveness of the Sams, and I have never had a problem killing them
    here’s what I have to assume:
    1. Everyone else is being dumb babies
    or
    2. I am the greatest player ever and can kill OP classes with no problem

I don’t dread the sight of a Sam and I’ve never had any bad experiences with them

This is exactly what I thought the problem was. You don’t seem to have a problem killing them, but you have to see past yourself. For one, you’re playing public servers, people on them suck so if you’re good enough you can kill them. Two I know you can still asses how much of a challenge an encoutner is and I know you know sammies are always high priority. Thirdly, when you play sammi suddenly everything is easy as you combo stab people with a spear that has the reach of a football field, the damage of a tonka truck, and the ability to effortlessly dance around whilst swinging your stab around people’s blocks.

I’m not speaking as a victim, but as a user of this class and I do this all the time

Fine whatever, but oh whats that? They have the armor of a knight to top it all of? No speed penalty either? They have other vanguardish weapons with long reach and high damage? Gee maybe its starting to sound OP.

What you need to now assume is that the hundreds of people calling for a sammie hp nerf or whatever actually have a point.

Also, wow, the beta game has only been out for 3 days. I guess its too early to call out obvious fucking flaws in the game right? Like the fact that the chat colors don’t work, the scoreboard isn’t aligned, the maps are way too big, zero autobalance, viking T-posing, knights T-posing, TBS themselves nerfing ninjas (BUT ONLY THREE DAYS HOW DEY KNOW DIS?), spartan shield bash is too fast/tracers are off, other obvious things…

@BB:

@Slight:

I mean on the other side of the coin why should anyone read your posts if you’re putting no effort into them?

why should you?
    I’m certainly not forcing you to
    you can stop whenever you like
    really though, stop

Why should I? So you’re saying you write posts and you don’t care if anyone reads them? Whatever, if you ever wonder why someone doesn’t take you seriously. Now you don’t have to.

• idk man… the big sword is one thing, it does killer damage… but i always use the yari spear as a secondary as well. So i’m basically a knight/vanguard with a big ass sword that does killer damage. And when i see a group of folks i pull out the spear and go to town and no one can even get close to me. Trust me when i say i’m not a bad spear user, and it’s so fucking good.

maybe it’s not OP, leave it the way it is i guess that’s fine with me. I just know what class i’ll pick whenever i want to win. I think as far as 1v1 goes that’s really different and i don’t find them AS strong as in team games, but in team they absolutely dominate… even if they don’t have 14 vs. 5

• @Slight:

Stop right there criminal scum! There is no amount of hours that will make you a mind reader.

Don’t have to be a mind reader to deal with feints, git gud.

Anyway, won’t derail this thread so bye.

• @DokB:

@Slight:

But I was about to argue with you about feints… :(

• @Slight:

You don’t seem to have a problem killing them

gotcha
    option 2 it is then

@Slight:

Two I know you can still asses how much of a challenge an encoutner is and I know you know sammies are always high priority.

lol that’s exactly what I’m telling you
    they aren’t high on my priority list at all

they are in fact very low, just above Knight
    here’s my list

Pirate->Ninja->Spartan->Viking->Samurai->Knight

why would I attack the class with more health first?
    that’s not smart at all
    and like I’ve already said, haven’t had any bad experiences with them, I don’t find them any more threatening than any other class

@Slight:

Fine whatever, but oh whats that? They have the armor of a knight to top it all of? No speed penalty either? They have other vanguardish weapons with long reach and high damage? Gee maybe its starting to sound OP.

What you need to now assume is that the hundreds of people calling for a sammie hp nerf or whatever actually have a point.

sounds like an easy class to play
    doesn’t make it OP

just makes it good for noobs stomping other noobs

if you want to change that you gotta give the Sam something skill based to compensate

@Slight:

Whatever, if you ever wonder why someone doesn’t take you seriously.

I’ve never wondered that
    if I wanted people to take me seriously I’d act nice again

• @wyrda78:

@DokB:

@Slight:

But I was about to argue with you about feints… :(

I don’t want to get banned though.

• Since when do people get banned for being off topic?

• I think you get a warning, I already have one so I won’t take my chances. Anyway, it’s not like we haven’t been there and back again with feinting discussion.

• @BB:

@Slight:

You don’t seem to have a problem killing them

gotcha
    option 2 it is then

option 3: you’re wrong

@BB:

@Slight:

Two I know you can still asses how much of a challenge an encoutner is and I know you know sammies are always high priority.

lol that’s exactly what I’m telling you
    they aren’t high on my priority list at all

they are in fact very low, just above Knight
    here’s my list

Pirate->Ninja->Spartan->Viking->Samurai->Knight

why would I attack the class with more health first?
    that’s not smart at all
    and like I’ve already said, haven’t had any bad experiences with them, I don’t find them any more threatening than any other class

Translation: Go for the weakest classes because they’re easier to kill.

Which makes my point.

I suppose I should have used the word “high threat” more than “high priority”. What I meant was, its FFA, you see a pirate and a sammi fighting. You go for the sammi because the pirate will be easier to dispatch of. Hence, high priority.

I don’t have a problem dispatching of sammis, but they’re definitely a bit more challenging then others. If you can’t tell that you’re either lying or just not that perceptive.
    @BB:

@Slight:

sounds like an easy class to play
    doesn’t make it OP

just makes it good for noobs stomping other noobs

if you want to change that you gotta give the Sam something skill based to compensate

It is easy to play. It’s easy to play because its OP.

Noobs use the nodachi.

Pros use the Yari and fuck people up even more.

@wyrda78:

Since when do people get banned for being off topic?

People don’t get banned nearly enough. Why shouldn’t you get banned for being off-topic?

• @Slight:

I haven’t said anything wrong

I don’t have a hard time killing Sams
    I’ve never seen them dominate servers
    I don’t see them as more of a threat than any other class

these are indisputable facts
    what
    are you telling me I do have a hard time with something?
    are you going to tell me what I perceive too?

@Slight:

I suppose I should have used the word “high threat” more than “high priority”.

Same deal
    except it looks more like this:

Pirate–---->Ninja->Spartan->Viking->Samurai->Knight

• I think my mainproblems while facing samurais are 1: when they sprint they raise their sword as if they were going to perform an overhead. 2: the swordstab windup reminds me of a block animation so I usually react to late to these. Other than that a slight armor nerf would be great.

• @BB:

@Slight:

I haven’t said anything wrong

I don’t have a hard time killing Sams
    I’ve never seen them dominate servers
    I don’t see them as more of a threat than any other class

these are indisputable facts
    what
    are you telling me I do have a hard time with something?
    are you going to tell me what I perceive too?

Not at all, I was just saying you have one more option than “1. Everyone else is being dumb babies” and “2. I am the greatest player ever and can kill OP classes with no problem”.

Option 3, you’re not perceptive to something everyone else is, hence your wrong in your assessment that sammies are not definitively unbalanced. Just because you’re stating your subjective experience doesn’t mean it’s not grossly misaligned with reality, or perhaps more accurately, the way everyone else’s experience has been.
    @BB:

@Slight:

I suppose I should have used the word “high threat” more than “high priority”.

Same deal
    except it looks more like this:

Pirate–---->Ninja->Spartan->Viking->Samurai->Knight

You basically sidestepped my entire post, so I suppose I’ll return the favor.

Though I find it really funny you think a ninja/spartan is more of a challenge then a samurai/knight, let a lone a VIKING.

At this point I think you’re being difficult for the sake of being difficult. Like a chivalrous hipster almost.

• Sam has a low skill floor, so noobs can kill other noobs much easier
    that’s what this hate is
    that’s what everyone is complaining about
    it’s just a bunch of new players getting killed by other new players

@Slight:

Option 3, you’re not perceptive to something everyone else is

so I am having a hard time with time with them?
    I just don’t know it huh?

@Slight:

Though I find it really funny you think a ninja/spartan is more of a challenge then a samurai/knight, let a lone a VIKING

Ninjas, Spartans, and Vikings all have fast weapons
    Knight and Viking have the slowest weapons which makes them easy to fight

it’s not complicated why they’re so easy

• yumi is really dumb

• @kwazi:

yumi is really dumb

Nodachi and Yumi.

• Instead of nerfing samurai, which imo is the class with the best flow in its gameplay, rather improve/rework some of the other classes (vikings especially). Only class that needs a nerf is the pirate, and the spartan shieldbash needs a rework, too strong atm. In 1v1 a samurai doesnt stand a chance vs a spartan who knows how to play.

• Maybe the bow should be removed from the secondary weapons options so that you wont be able to pair it with some of the stronger melee weapons. You should have to sacrifice something in order to have a range weapon.