Hitom's Wishlist of Fixes.

• Before reading this, please bear in mind what I always have, that this is BETA, and things are subject to change drastically.
    Server settings and restrictions**
    For the love of god, add player/class limits on teams!

In game voice chat
    Could be very good, or very bad, trolls love this thing. I don’t see this as a priority, server restriction settings first! But it could be interesting down the line.

Game modes
    Overall, a fairly decent start of the amount of game modes available. But the once I would like to see added are Capture the flag and King of the Hill (possibly multi-teams). Also, don’t see the point in having team death match with two classes only, would love to see those maps/modes turned into TO.

Combat game play/mechanics.
    Fix flinch! Love the speed, however it is not without flaws, for one, flinch keeps bugging on me loads, I hit enemies before they are done with the windup but the it still turns into a hit trade, this has happened so many times. Many things have been suggested about how to make the combat feel less arcadish, this I believe is just making sure animations run smoothly, however things like old-cftp and old-panic parry, do not belong! But! defined clear working as intended very similar mechanics need to be! There needs to be fun and experimental combat mechanics that are hard to master but gives the player great advantages when they do, this keeps the competitive community pleased. Deadliest warrior will die in couple months without a living competitive community.

Class balance/changes.

Samurai
    Samurai is a hot topic, that cause a lot of stir in the community, some say they are fine, I agree to an extent. Personally for me to fight against them, I found them to be the easiest class to deal with, because I’m actually able to flinch them, unlike most other classes. This is probably due to most of their weapons having long wind up. They seem to overwhelm easily in team battles, this is probably due to their weapons having very small precise hit boxes, so their team damage is less frequent then other classes.

There is however couple problems with the samurai I found.

Being able to flinch a samurai’s sword draw attack. This is a major disadvantage for the samurai imo, it makes the classical dual wield of a katana and wakizashi quite useless.
    The samurai’s weapons are mostly fine. The game just needs animation optimization for the most part, however a couple weapons need adjustment, and one is completely broken, the Naga.
    The Naginata’s tracers are just going haywire, have no idea what TBS was thinking with this one. I does green damage at the begining of thrust’s and with the sprint speed of the samurai you can thrust it green for quite a distance. Also, this is the only weapon probably capable of doing reverse overheads with green damage.

The Spartan
    Probably the most balanced class next to the knight. However, my issues with it is currently two things. Their Dory Spear throw do too much damage imo, it can 1 shot pirates and ninjas, and all other classes just need a simple insta hit slice or a shield bash to kill them if you hit them with it.
    Would love to see the Dory become less range dominant and more melee viable.

The Viking
    Maybe look into the spear tracers.

Ninja

Knight
    Very powerful class. Veteran CMW players will totally dominate new players with this one. Maybe they are balanced maybe not, I think it’s still a bit to early to say until all the other classes weapons are working properly. Their armor seems a bit excessive.

Pirate
    Still not sure about them shooting through shields, but the increased damage protection from blocking seem to be enough atm.

Props & Fluff
    What I found to be the only small downer with DW is that most of the fluff like battle cry animations and personal messages are just straight ports from MW. Personal messages are fine to me really, they sound great! But I would love to see new ones added to tactics commands. Like “Perform Shield Wall”, “Use smoke grenades/cover”, “Ready range weapons” etc, I’m sure this would be a great addition to DW, considering the amount of team play involved. Maybe make individualized Tactical commands for each class? To be frank most of the tactical commands now are fluff. Like the all clear, defend me and go for the objective. the rest seem to have their purpose. However the ones I feel are missing are, “Use Cover” and “Go for flank”, there is probably more i’m forgeting right now.

Wishes granted by TBS:
    -Fixed Samurai No Dachi and Yumi Bow, possibly armor?
    -Made Spartan and Viking throwable’s reliable.
    -Fixed ricochet vikings and OP weapon selections.
    -Fixed Samurai armor.
    -Nerfed pirates ranged and made them more melee viable
    -Increased health regen!

• Nice wishlits, i agree with you

• @magodark22:

Nice wishlits, i agree with you

Thank you. all these view’s and no response was making me a little paranoid xP still not done though, got some more ideas in my head I’m gonna put down.

• Only major thing I disagree with is the ninja, in my mind he’s not even close to balanced, and is far too weak compared to the other classes.

• @Mockingbirch:

Only major thing I disagree with is the ninja, in my mind he’s not even close to balanced, and is far too weak compared to the other classes.

He’s not weak just hard to play. Once you know how to play him he’s pretty powerful.

• Ninja is just weaker than the other classes. Even if you are good at it, with other classes you could be much better. There just isn’t any good reason to play him at the moment. It’s fun, sure, I love to play ninja, but other classes are just better :I

• @HammelGammel:

Ninja is just weaker than the other classes. Even if you are good at it, with other classes you could be much better. There just isn’t any good reason to play him at the moment. It’s fun, sure, I love to play ninja, but other classes are just better :I

The problem with the ninja is that he requires good co-ordination with his team mates, something that is quite uncommon in pub games.

• I find running in random patterns spamming LMB really annoying… I have played Medieval Warfare for 242 hours, and ye sometimes you made a mistake and got killed by someone spamming LMB while running around. It happend, but in Deadliest Warrior however It feels like this happens atleast for me, 2-3 times a game, while in MW it happened 1 time per 2 games.
    I don’t know if it’s the speed up of the game, connection problems, or tracer problems.
    Have anyone else noticed a difference in this behaviour between MW and DW?

• @Octu:

I find running in random patterns spamming LMB really annoying… I have played Medieval Warfare for 242 hours, and ye sometimes you made a mistake and got killed by someone spamming LMB while running around. It happend, but in Deadliest Warrior however It feels like this happens atleast for me, 2-3 times a game, while in MW it happened 1 time per 2 games.
    I don’t know if it’s the speed up of the game, connection problems, or tracer problems.
    Have anyone else noticed a difference in this behaviour between MW and DW?

Footwork play’s a bigger role in DW then MW due to the speed up, so yes, this is most likely easier to perform.

• Some small updates.

• @HammelGammel:

There just isn’t any good reason to play him at the moment.

You can be Shredder lookalike. If that isn’t good reason then I don’t know what to say.

• Made some minor updates. will update more later tonight when I got time. Overall, good job TBS, looks to go in the right direction.

• These are my views/wishes (instead of making a new thread);

Samurai
    overall they seem pretty balanced, I don’t do as well with them as the ninja but I account that to my play style. If they don’t have it, give them a Yari.

The Spartan
    As many have pointed out the spear throw deals to much damage and/or moves faster than it should. In comparison the ninja shuriken throw looks like a snail’s crawl. Other than that they seem fairly balanced.

The Viking
    Get rid of dual wield and/general throwing of weapons/shield. I don’t know where you guys got this idea from but it doesn’t fit the viking fighting style… “If I have it I throw it!!”

Ninja
    For the love of god increase their armor and/or decrease the chase mechanics.
    Increase shuriken ammunition to 9 (the amount ninja carry) and decrease their size my 1/2 to 1/4. The damage is fine but the amount of ammunition isn’t fair. Other than the locking up of items (the ninja mas should e standard and unmasked earned; all bas-ackwards) and the above mentioned it’s an okay class but has too much against him (low armor, low ammo, can’t hit & run effectively w/o metsubishi/smoke).

Knight
    Pretty balanced, don’t notice much difference gameplay wise from the original. They should however have access to the shield without choosing between a secondary weapon (much like the spartan).

Pirate
    Lower their armor (pirate did not wear armor) below the ninja (swap their current defense) and remove the magic rum or increase reload time to more realistic times.

Edit: Youy guys also need to swap the ninja’s unmasked head for the samurai one. ONLY the samurai and (possibly) merchant caste wore the top-knot as a symbol of prestige and status. The shaved head samurai has no place in the game.

• @Arebasu:

These are my views/wishes (instead of making a new thread);

Samurai
    overall they seem pretty balanced, I don’t do as well with them as the ninja but I account that to my play style. If they don’t have it, give them a Yari.

The Spartan
    As many have pointed out the spear throw deals to much damage and/or moves faster than it should. In comparison the ninja shuriken throw looks like a snail’s crawl. Other than that they seem fairly balanced.

The Viking
    Get rid of dual wield and/general throwing of weapons/shield. I don’t know where you guys got this idea from but it doesn’t fit the viking fighting style… “If I have it I throw it!!”

Ninja
    For the love of god increase their armor and/or decrease the chase mechanics.
    Increase shuriken ammunition to 9 (the amount ninja carry) and decrease their size my 1/2 to 1/4. The damage is fine but the amount of ammunition isn’t fair. Other than the locking up of items (the ninja mas should e standard and unmasked earned; all bas-ackwards) and the above mentioned it’s an okay class but has too much against him (low armor, low ammo, can’t hit & run effectively w/o metsubishi/smoke).

Knight
    Pretty balanced, don’t notice much difference gameplay wise from the original. They should however have access to the shield without choosing between a secondary weapon (much like the spartan).

Pirate
    Lower their armor (pirate did not wear armor) below the ninja (swap their current defense) and remove the magic rum or increase reload time to more realistic times.

First off all. Just no, to mostly everything.

Samurai and Viking’s spears need looking into.
    Spartan spear throw moves rather slowly with the Dory, quite quick with the Jav’s/Short spear. Personally I would like to see the spears being made more viable in melee and less throwing damage.
    Viking’s spear is just OP. same with the Samurai Yari, though the viking spear is worse imo. The spears have to much mobility during attacks I think.

You’re not supposed to get hit playing a ninja. It’s why they have a powerful role ability. Giving them more ammunition doesn’t really solve anything. Maybe give them the ability to feint shuriken throws?

Items getting locked is just bug. Rank bug also affects this.

Giving Knights a shield like Spartans would make this game called Chivalry: Deadliest Knight

Pirates should have lower armor then Ninja’s. I actually kinda agree on this one, but then again, everybody know how much I love pirates.

• My comments on the Spartan and Viking are more observations than experience.
    Edit: cant comment on personal use for most eapons since I joined after the lock.

Since there’s not many thrown weapons, best comparison I have is the shuriken. The current throw speed is ridiculously slow as you can easily side step with no effort required, unless they are stupid and run straight at you (which usually leaves them dead and you with no ranged). The stun (if any) is also negligable. The more ammo is just to give them more of an edge with a not so ddeadly weapon and be historically accurate. If everyone else gets their historical counterparts why should the ninja get screwed?

I’m full aware of their roll maneuverability, the problem is it means absolutely nothing since it’s so short.
    Their speed is nice, but again useless due to the chase mechanics once you make that first strike.

True the knight would be more of a threat to be reckoned with, but it just seems off that a knight wouldn’t use a shield given the option.

I’m glad to see a pirate player agrees with an enemy ninja. The owlrd is topsy-turvy. =P

• @Arebasu:

My comments on the Spartan and Viking are more observations than experience.
    Edit: cant comment on personal use for most eapons since I joined after the lock.

Since there’s not many thrown weapons, best comparison I have is the shuriken. The current throw speed is ridiculously slow as you can easily side step with no effort required, unless they are stupid and run straight at you (which usually leaves them dead and you with no ranged). The stun (if any) is also negligable. The more ammo is just to give them more of an edge with a not so ddeadly weapon and be historically accurate. If everyone else gets their historical counterparts why should the ninja get screwed?

I’m full aware of their roll maneuverability, the problem is it means absolutely nothing since it’s so short.
    Their speed is nice, but again useless due to the chase mechanics once you make that first strike.

True the knight would be more of a threat to be reckoned with, but it just seems off that a knight wouldn’t use a shield given the option.

I’m glad to see a pirate player agrees with an enemy ninja. The owlrd is topsy-turvy. =P

Shuriken is not a long range throwing weapon…
    You’re supposed to throw it in between attacks, it’s the reason they got their “sleight of hand” ability to throw shit without changing weapons.

I’m in no way a pirate player… you must have missunderstood. :p I play all 5 classes except pirate. Think I may be a rank 4 pirate or something, lol.

• I’m aware shuriken aren’t “long range” weapons, but they shouldn’y be so slow within say 10-20ft which is their optimum range to begin with (or at least should be). Yea, I misread your sarcasm on the pirate love part. T_T;;

You can pretty much walk next to them (an exaggeration, I know but it’s pretty bad still).

• @Arebasu:

I’m aware shuriken aren’t “long range” weapons, but they shouldn’y be so slow within say 10-20ft which is their optimum range to begin with (or at least should be). Yea, I misread your sarcasm on the pirate love part. T_T;;

You can pretty much walk next to them (an exaggeration, I know but it’s pretty bad still).

10-20ft is waaay too long for a shruiken throw

• I can guarentee you it isn’t, shuriken are actually made for a maximum range of 30ft but I could see all kinds of people complaining then… so I figure 10-20ft would suffice with a slight speed increase.

I (or any practitioner) can throw 12 shuriken at 1 per 1-2 seconds with sufficient power to stick themwith a travel time of maybe 1-1.5 seconds. Contrary to belief you don’t just toss them with a limp wrist.

Edit: we are discussing in another topic how characters look closer than what they are, thinking this may be the issue. Still messing around but looking more like it… the animation however is too obvious, as you said they could use a sleight of hand throwing animation.