Idea for Loadout Change

• Every class that has access to ranged weapons, like knights and samurai almost always equips them. The problem is there isn’t much reason not too; the advantage of equipping a second melee weapon is insignificant compared to having a ranged one. Sure you can’t use a shields as a knights, but since you are then restricted to the longsword or mace the advantage is lessened.

What I propose is simple: Ranged weapons are a primary selection only, and the bigger weapons such as the no-dachi, halberd and polearms aren’t available as a secondary choice. The would balance it out a bit more, so if someone wants to equip a ranged weapon they have a more limited selection of melee weapons. This would also make ranged weapons a bit less common, which is a good thing since no one likes getting killed by a spam of missiles.

• That should balance it out a little more. +1

• Agreed all around. +1

• Yes, I agree. I find myself always picking nodachi and bow, or poleaxe and crossbow all the time. Though I’m not good with neither bow nor crossbow, but sometimes I want to try and hit people from afar before I chop them down, without having to die to be able to pick a new weapon loadout.

• sounds lovely
    not making bow the obvious secondary sounds like an obvious thing to do

• Great idea.

• Yes……

Also Pirate should only have 1-2 bullets, harh yarh harh

• Wyrda78 that is great idea.

+1

Hopefully torn banner sees this and takes it into consideration.

• Overwhelming yes and a bump to the top for you.

• Good idea. Also add more ammo to the ranged weapons!

• Super +1

• Excellent point! Glad you made the thread my lord… We must look for anyway to limit archer cocks :)

• Overwhelming amount of “yays” on this suggestion.

• @wyrda78:

Every class that has access to ranged weapons, like knights and samurai almost always equips them. The problem is there isn’t much reason not too; the advantage of equipping a second melee weapon is insignificant compared to having a ranged one.

right, “the advantage of equipping a second melee weapon is insignificant compared to having a ranged one” BUT NOT because ppl intend on playing ranged and with a bow or that it would be that good but rather cause there is simply no good reason to have 2 different weapons to switch since the weapons don’t actually differ by a lot, the only point might be having a slow heavy and a fast light one, or a short and a long one but that’s it and usually besides some dueling situations you will never switch weapons in direct combat at all and will not even feel the slightest need to since that advantage is truely insignificant…

bow is not op, switching between different weapons is up.

if you make ranged weapons a selection for the primary weapons only and cut down the freedom of choice like you supposed, you will have either players with bow+‘weak’ weapon & players without bow+‘strong’ weapon…
    this is not a great idea since this still wouldn’t give any reason to have a secondary melee weapon for those melee-only players.
    if you chose not to take a ranged weapon, in your model like you supposed, you would be rewarded with the ‘better’ melee weapon and then honestly you would not just still stick to the better one but it would encourages this behavior and cut down choices even more.

the only thing you would change is nerfing bows and theres actually no good reason for it…
    of course that way you could give weapons that are now inferior to others a kind of purpose but only in the way of being the second, weaker choice, and not in the way of having a reason to choose it for its own sake…

in my mind you haven’t understood the problem itself or at least made the wrong conclusions from it and made a suggestions that only makes the current system worse, even contradicting the whole idea behind the loadout and ‘freedom of choice’ system of dw.

like some dev posted in another topic earlier where ppl were crying about the samurai being op which frankly is total bullshit, samurai was not op but their weapons were inbalanced […and gave no reason to switch weapons].
    “I don’t think the class is too good, but the arsenal is definitely imbalanced.” -SlyGoat

• Agreed. Sounds like a great idea…

I personally would like to see some heft to the Knights arrangement of weapons.
    Forcing player to skip on a secondary weapon for a shield seems odd when both Spartans, and Vikings get shields as a tertiary always.

Even if you choose 2, 2handers as a viking you will still get a shield.

Show some love to your original class please.