[Visual] Shields should get damage

• I was watching a lot of videos but i didn’t see wood shields getting damage. I am talking about the visual effect where the shield gets damaged and wood splits. This should be entirely visual so when somebody keeps ramming blows on you shield you have the feeling that your shield is not made of titanium and it puts pressure on you.

If this is already in pardon me.

• ya all shields should have health, although tower shields or other full metal blocking devices should have tons of health, how often do you hear of them breaking?
    as for wooden shields, or shield that are metal brimmed, they shouldnt have too much health.
    on the other hand, people might never use shields altogether if they break all the time, i would rather use a twohander to block than use an unreliable shield.

Edit oh damn i forgot you said visual…
    ya it doesnt matter to me, either way, if my shield cant fall to pieces then i dont care if it splits or not.

• I was talking about wooden shields. The point is just for immersion which this game is all about. Imagine someone ramming on your shield as you see your shield getting damaged from your first person view.

I am not saying shield should shatter here :) i know that the devs don’t want that due to balance reasons.

• I think this could be misleading for the player, though. If they see their shield is taking damage they might think it’ll break.

• @SlyGoat:

I think this could be misleading for the player, though. If they see their shield is taking damage they might think it’ll break.

lol adding shields dont break to shield descriptions wont dramatically mislead any players.