Knight's Gear

• In my humble opinion could use a little more thought…

Plenty of two handers, but only two ropey options for use with the shield, and arguably the least popular options in MW, the flanged mace and the long sword.

Leaves me feeling like I’m playing a diet version of the MW equivalent, not asking for 18 choices, but certainly maybe add the broadsword, or switch the mace to the morning star perhaps…

• I too would like more choices for the knight. Could we at least give them some more one handed options like broadswords, morningstars, or falchions? Having the maul or grandmace or even the good ol’ one handed warhammer would be fun too. The flail is a pretty iconic weapon for knights as well.

After playing chivalry I would like the Knight to have 3 equip slots instead of 2. Having a longsword and shield and nothing else just feels so limiting :(

• yeah… the knight in DW is a gimp version of the MW knight… whats suprising is that he is still the strongest class overall…

so if they give the knight more weapons/arsenals they would have to do the same to the rest of the classes… but then again, that should have been done by default IMO… this game feels so rushed… (YES I FUCKING KNOW ITS BETA) there are FEW weapon choices and some classes have the exact same loadout for their secondary arsenal as their primary COUGHVIKING/PIRATECOUGH

• @Jaggsaw:

yeah… the knight in DW is a gimp version of the MW knight… whats suprising is that he is still the strongest class overall…

most familiar class doesn’t equal strongest
    give people time to become accustomed to the other classes and weapons

• @BB:

@Jaggsaw:

yeah… the knight in DW is a gimp version of the MW knight… whats suprising is that he is still the strongest class overall…

most familiar class doesn’t equal strongest
    give people time to become accustomed to the other classes and weapons

well… as long as the other classes/weapons/armor/everything is severely weaker (except for samurai obviously) than the knights, there won’t be anything to get accustomed to… only an uphill battle that never ends.

everyone knows how to play knight (if they played MW before the expansion) and so do i… and i notice how much easier it is to rake in kills and win 1v3 battles ALOT easier in this game than in MW, i don’t know if i should call the knight OP or the most ‘balanced’ of all classes due to the fact the rest of them are not refined yet, but lets imagine this was the “refined” stage, yeah then Knight is totally OP…

• @Jaggsaw:

well… as long as the other classes/weapons/armor/everything is severely weaker (except for samurai obviously) than the knights, there won’t be anything to get accustomed to… only an uphill battle that never ends.

good thing that’s not true eh?

• @Dr.Nick:

The flail is a pretty iconic weapon for knights as well.

The flail was made popular as an “iconic weapon” by bad Holywood movies. In truth, it was never used according to Ewart Oakeshott (book “European Weapons and Armour”) - because its mechanics put you at high risk of hurting yourself, making it vastly inferior to the other weapon choices (swords, hammers, maces, poleaxes, axes).

• @Dad:

@Dr.Nick:

The flail is a pretty iconic weapon for knights as well.

The flail was made popular as an “iconic weapon” by bad Holywood movies. In truth, it was never used according to Ewart Oakeshott (book “European Weapons and Armour”) - because its mechanics put you at high risk of hurting yourself, making it vastly inferior to the other weapon choices (swords, hammers, maces, poleaxes, axes).

According to everywhere else it was a modification of a farming tool used by peasants that was later militarised. The disadvantage is an advantage at the same time. Hard to block and you can put more force behind it.

Early guns were more dangerous and less effective than a flail. Yet they used them.

• Broadsword and Morningstar would be great. As of right now they have the most boring loadout of all the classes.

• @BB:

@Jaggsaw:

good thing that’s not true eh?

are you saying Knight is weaker than any other class?.. and samurai for that matter?.. are you saying you haven’t noticed the obvious fact that in all class vs class games there is always +5-10 more samurais than there are other classes?

are you saying Vikings stand a fair chance in Knight vs. Viking mode?.. i already have one guy backing me up on this in another post which you seemed to ignore completely…

why are you trying to argue for the sake of these clearly strong classes, who may be a tad too strong?..
    Cus now im beginning to think, once again, that you can’t give any reasoning and that you do this for the sake of trolling ONLY.

give me something to work with or STFU

• @Jaggsaw:

that you do this for the sake of trolling ONLY.

Most people in here know BB is just trolling, now stop feeding him.

• @KONGEN:

@Jaggsaw:

that you do this for the sake of trolling ONLY.

but he raises some good points sometimes… problem is getting him to explain them without him replying with a dickhead attitude… - most of the time.

• @KONGEN:

if I was trolling why would I want everyone that disagrees with me to shutup?
    that’s the opposite of a troll

I think the term you’re looking for is “meany pants”
    I would have used a more eloquent term, but then this is a term you’d use so…

@Jaggsaw:

are you saying Knight is weaker than any other class?.. and samurai for that matter?..

no
    they’re just not the strongest
    they do have the lowest skill floors though

long weapons with lots of health is a noob’s best friend
    this doesn’t mean they’ll be more effective in the hands of a good player though
    it’s going to take a couple months to reach that answer

• @BB:

@KONGEN:

if I was trolling why would I want everyone that disagrees with me to shutup?
    that’s the opposite of a troll

I think the term you’re looking for is “meany pants”
    I would have used a more eloquent term, but then this is a term you’d use so…

@Jaggsaw:

are you saying Knight is weaker than any other class?.. and samurai for that matter?..

no
    they’re just not the strongest
    they do have the lowest skill floors though

long weapons with lots of health is a noob’s best friend
    this doesn’t mean they’ll be more effective in the hands of a good player though
    it’s going to take a couple months to reach that answer

Everyone knows you’re trolling not even gonna bother reading what you said, Everyone should just add you to their ignore list.

• @SirBlade:

Everyone knows you’re trolling not even gonna bother reading what you said, Everyone should just add you to their ignore list.

good, stop disagreeing and we’ll all be much happier

• I believe the original discussion was about the Knight’s gear, not what you think of each other or who is or isn’t a troll. Lets not turn this into an exchange of attacks or else I’ll just lock this all together.

• i think 3 slots would be great, or if the 2nd slot could hold 2 things and then there is no 3rd, the 2nd slot would be a sword/shield combo or sword/mace w/e.

I mean the vikings have a long axe for 1 slot, then a duel wielded or single wielded shield combo.

Why can’t the knights have more than just a sword and a shield or two weapons? No fair!

and throwing knives blow in comparison to the competition choices, how about 4 throwing axes. The knight shouldn’t be throwing knives around anyway, that’s so dainty.