Is dragging still viable?

• Because it feels like it’s completely removed from the game.

• So a 10% increase in game speed and suddenly drags are useless now.

You can still do them easy. They deal less damage though because of reasons.

It doesn’t seem like they have increased the mouse speed while swinging with the general speed increase. They could do that.

• a lot of the weapons like the axes and sickles have the highest damage at the end of their overheads… so yes?
    if it stays like that

• Most weapons don’t drag well in DW, but here are some that do: Skeggox, Poleaxe, Longsword, Halberd, Nodachi, Naginata, and a couple others. In general, the insane drags aren’t so prevalent, unless you’re playing a Knight. His arsenal drags really well.

• I’m glad dragging was toned down. Not because i didn’t like it in 1v1s, but I hated spamguards doing 180 sweeps with their greatswords and zweihanders. I remember times as a maa I would dodge a charge, then the vanguard would literally do a 180 and decapitate me with the charge.

• @wyrda78:

I’m glad dragging was toned down. Not because i didn’t like it in 1v1s, but I hated spamguards doing 180 sweeps with their greatswords and zweihanders. I remember times as a maa I would dodge a charge, then the vanguard would literally do a 180 and decapitate me with the charge.

Lol some Samurai still managed to do that. He was a kiter and he thought I was an enemy. He spins around and chops my arm off.

• You can still do trick hits and 180 overhands and all that fun stuff. You just won’t be rewarded as much for it. A 180 overhand does a small fraction of the damage a regular overhand in the red tracer would do. Its risk value is actually way higher than the output now, so I don’t see many players doing it anymore.

• @Gauntlet:

You can still do trick hits and 180 overhands and all that fun stuff. You just won’t be rewarded as much for it. A 180 overhand does a small fraction of the damage a regular overhand in the red tracer would do. Its risk value is actually way higher than the output now, so I don’t see many players doing it anymore.

I don’t regard 1/2-3/4 damage as a small fraction.

• I’m fine with delays and stuff being removed, but the other side of that is that it’s extremely hard to hit people who just strafe around you and lmb spam. Especially if your mouse sensitivity is low because you don’t want to overtwitch when aiming a ranged wep, and you just don’t like high sensitivity.

• As far as I know, none of the weapons have a release time longer than parry time. This effectively removes delayed swings from the game. You can still manipulate your swing to a certain extent to get the “sweetspot” damage but it’s extremely brief compared to the long release times in MW.

• @wyrda78:

I’m glad dragging was toned down. Not because i didn’t like it in 1v1s, but I hated spamguards doing 180 sweeps with their greatswords and zweihanders. I remember times as a maa I would dodge a charge, then the vanguard would literally do a 180 and decapitate me with the charge.

I can do 360 stabs in DW only problem is the mousemat size.
    Dragging to bypass blocks is a lot harder now, I guess it takes some getting used to although if they block way to early you can punish tehm by slowing down your attacka bit, or speeding it up. Lookdown overheads deal less damage than regular overheads which is cool as well. Only thing that’s kinda sad is that leanback overheads deal less damage as well, but I can live with that.

• It’s definitely toned down which is great and makes it fair for the majority of players.

• another Zweihander/maul abuser here to cry about the nerf of he’s precious “IWIN” button… i am rubbing my hands atm…

• @Dr.Nick:

As far as I know, none of the weapons have a release time longer than parry time. This effectively removes delayed swings from the game. You can still manipulate your swing to a certain extent to get the “sweetspot” damage but it’s extremely brief compared to the long release times in MW.

Great, so we’re going to be stuck with feints (not likely, the combat is sped up so all we’ll get is flash feints) and nonstop parry festivals once people get used to the game.

@Jaggsaw:

another Zweihander/maul abuser here to cry about the nerf of he’s precious “IWIN” button… i am rubbing my hands atm…

It’s not a win button it’s an attack that you have to know when and how to use. But skill goes completely over people like you.

PS: I forgot. I don’t use either of those weapons 8-)

• @Dr.Nick:

As far as I know, none of the weapons have a release time longer than parry time. This effectively removes delayed swings from the game. You can still manipulate your swing to a certain extent to get the “sweetspot” damage but it’s extremely brief compared to the long release times in MW.

Parry times got reduced along with everything else.

• @omg87:

@Dr.Nick:

Great, so we’re going to be stuck with feints (not likely, the combat is sped up so all we’ll get is flash feints) and nonstop parry festivals once people get used to the game.

@Jaggsaw:

another Zweihander/maul abuser here to cry about the nerf of he’s precious “IWIN” button… i am rubbing my hands atm…

It’s not a win button it’s an attack that you have to know when and how to use. But skill goes completely over people like you.

PS: I forgot. I don’t use either of those weapons 8-)

“people like me” ?.. dude… i never use those weapons because they are super abusable and honorless - disgusting actually…

JUST like i almost never play samurai due to the fact he is so insanely good…
    i don’t jump over the fences lowest point… i like a challenge… but samurai is just… too much of a challenge for any class 1v1 maybe with the exception of knight… it depends on the player of course… but any nooblet can join a game as samurai and easily get a KD of 3/0 or more through the match… which is a bit too noob-friendly.