My thoughts on C:DW after 20+ hrs

• My ign is - THORIN ( Australian player)

Not going to bother what has already been said

But for me, i think the pirate class is great how it is. Because i can “click-on” as a pirate than other classes, as it has great offensive and great defensive. Only a few things i can think of that needs fixing are -

I find it much more easier to fire bullets and confidently hit than i would as an archer on normal chiv. The left click for it is fucked up though, not sure what that is about. (If you just left click, without right mouse button (scoping) before you try fire) This could help in hit-and-run situation.

Another thing is where i am in a fight and i want to fire my shotgun close range, if i get abit too slow but fire, yet get hit by the enemy… i literally have no chance of withdrawing my cutlass, i think this is stupid if it was intentionally in place because for an Archers situation if you didn’t get 1 hit k0’ed you would still have a chance to withdraw your weapon.

Aside from that, i really do enjoy playing pirates as i originally didn’t think i would. The cutlass is insane if used right especially in a defensive block and counter-attack, in a 6v1 situation last night on Acropolis against 6 spartans i took down 4 of them just from maneuvering right and getting to the sides of the spartans.

The cutlass has great blocking, much better than most weapons i have used and i find myself more confident with this weapon in a fight.

I really hate the ninja dust crap as it makes stuff very unfair. Yes it dazes you and knocks you back, but there is 0 chance of getting the first block which is crucial in a fight. I think this needs to be reconsidered and looked at.

Keep it up

Thanks

~

Xav (THORIN)

• are you actually suggesting buffing pirate to be able to run in, fire, and run away without having to “scope” ?…

dude you gotta share some of that sweet weed you got there… i haven’t smoked for a week at this point, and i would love to be in a world where everything is nonsense, just like you!

• @Jaggsaw:

are you actually suggesting buffing pirate to be able to run in, fire, and run away without having to “scope” ?…

dude you gotta share some of that sweet weed you got there… i haven’t smoked for a week at this point, and i would love to be in a world where everything is nonsense, just like you!

That was a tad harsh.

• I don’t think the pirate needs a buff, he already dominates when in large groups.

If you are using a blunderbuss and can’t get your shot off in time, you deserve to be punished. Pirates need to have a good understanding of distance if an enemy is closing on them, much like archers in C:MW.

If you are using a pistol, you always have the option of throwing it to flinch your opponent for a second whilst you draw your secondary.

As for Metsubishi (ninja dust), I believe from others it is getting a nerf. Someone correct me? As it is I don’t mind the effect and it gives Ninja a chance to get close, which the need. If it worries you so much Spartan up and hide behind your shield until the effect dies. It on’y last one or two seconds before you are back in the game.

• @Xav777:

I find it much more easier to fire bullets and confidently hit than i would as an archer on normal chiv.

Enough said.

• @lemonater47:

@Jaggsaw:

are you actually suggesting buffing pirate to be able to run in, fire, and run away without having to “scope” ?…

That was a tad harsh.

You are right… Sry mister Official poster :( im just a bit frustrated because like i said, i haven’t smoked a fat one for +1 week… so my temper is a bit destructive lol

• @KONGEN:

@Xav777:

I find it much more easier to fire bullets and confidently hit than i would as an archer on normal chiv.

Enough said.

Obviously neither of you were good archers. In fact Ive never seen thorin play archer at all.

• @lemonater47:

@KONGEN:

@Xav777:

Enough said.

Obviously neither of you were good archers. In fact Ive never seen thorin play archer at all.

?? Wtf has that got to do with anything

• Is it just me or is there some kind of special situation where the ninja glass bombs or whatever they are called (the ones that stagger you) also drains your stamina completely.

I’ve had situations where a ninjas thrown that at me and run off or something and I’ve stood there doing absolutely nothing and watched my stamina rapidly drain to nothing.

• @El:

Is it just me or is there some kind of special situation where the ninja glass bombs or whatever they are called (the ones that stagger you) also drains your stamina completely.

I’ve had situations where a ninjas thrown that at me and run off or something and I’ve stood there doing absolutely nothing and watched my stamina rapidly drain to nothing.

Metsubishi. They create invisible AOE that drains stamina if you stand on it. Move away from the spot where metsubishi was thrown.

• @Kreittis:

@El:

Is it just me or is there some kind of special situation where the ninja glass bombs or whatever they are called (the ones that stagger you) also drains your stamina completely.

Metsubishi. They create invisible AOE that drains stamina if you stand on it. Move away from the spot where metsubishi was thrown.

I actually stopped a metsu throw mid-air with a spear throw today, was quite epic.

• @Xav777:

@lemonater47:

@KONGEN:

Enough said.

?? Wtf has that got to do with anything

Well as someone who play Archer I find it far easier to hit with any of his weapons. As it goes where you shoot it.

Posts guns don’t play ball and have a delay. Lots of deviation. Count how many shots you miss with the pistole and compare that with your archery skills.

• Ninja eggs/dust is BS imo, I main Ninja myself, and I believe it’s way too stupid to make it stun and disorient.

• I actually find it easier to hit in MW as an archer.

The problem with the pirate gun is that the random arc that it fires. Basically if you drawtracer on it, every shot has randomness. From the crosshair it can vear to the right or left, very rarely it comes out on the center unless your crouching.

This is different to the archer class in MW, the arrows come out dead center all the time. Any skillful archer can expect consistency and actually snipe people across the field (obviously this comes with years of training and predictive nature of estimating where the arrow will land and when).

As with the ninja bombs, if they nerf the smoke bomb. Then they need to buff the weapons. Try using the katana or stick, it takes literally 5 hits with the stick to kill a samurai and 4 slashes with the katana. He is the most gimped class on the field.

[WP]Slam

• @slam:

I actually find it easier to hit in MW as an archer.

The problem with the pirate gun is that the random arc that it fires. Basically if you drawtracer on it, every shot has randomness. From the crosshair it can vear to the right or left, very rarely it comes out on the center unless your crouching.

This is different to the archer class in MW, the arrows come out dead center all the time. Any skillful archer can expect consistency and actually snipe people across the field (obviously this comes with years of training and predictive nature of estimating where the arrow will land and when).

As with the ninja bombs, if they nerf the smoke bomb. Then they need to buff the weapons. Try using the katana or stick, it takes literally 5 hits with the stick to kill a samurai and 4 slashes with the katana. He is the most gimped class on the field.

[WP]Slam

Problem with the pirate gun is that it’s so fast it looks like a hitscan. Thank GOD that there is some level of random accuracy, but it can’t be too hard to aim with it judging how people are using it ingame. The reason archery was “difficult” in MW is because you have to account for arrow travel time - EVEN THEN they’re annoying and OP for the risk behind it and the reward you get. There is virtually none of that in DW. Aiming a gun in this game, for most people, is easy as shit. Removing crosshairs sounds like a good idea.

Ninjas aren’t gimped, but I think they suffer from the inability to disengage for breathing room. Roll is really pointless. You can walk forward or wherever they rolled to and hit them. This encourages hit and run. Also, I’m pretty sure the netcode is weird because landing a hit in this game is a bitch at times - which will also screw a ninja because of the range of his weapons.

• The way I use the pistole Is keep firing until I get a hit. I hit les as the pirate but it does so much damage that the net damage output is probably the same as when I pay archer.

You an AI for the head as pirate. You aim for the chest and hope the variation makes the round to up a bit and slam him in the face. Well hit him at all really.

I don’t take as much time aiming as pirate because of the deviation in aiming. Probably many others do the same. Its a waste of time following and leading the target when you can just fire in his general direction and have the same chance to hit.

• @lemonater47:

@KONGEN:

@Xav777:

Enough said.

Obviously neither of you were good archers.

Wtf are you talking about? Archery in cmw is ridiculously easy, everyone with zero knowledge of the game can pick up a warbow or heavy xbow and top the scoreboards. The fact that they made pirate guns even easier to hit with is complete beyond me.

@lemonater47:

The way I use the pistole Is keep firing until I get a hit. I hit les as the pirate but it does so much damage that the net damage output is probably the same as when I pay archer.

Are you serious?

@lemonater47:

Its a waste of time following and leading the target when you can just fire in his general direction and have the same chance to hit.

This makes my brain hurt. Saying stupid stuff like this just shows that you must really suck at ranged combat.

• Do you look at scoreboards in C:MW???

Look at the bottom. That’s where most of the archers are. People say archer is easy to pickup. According to the scoreboards it isn’t.

As a pirate do you take your time to aim? Well you don’t need to. As you can miss easily. In C:MW I land most of my arrows. At least half usually with warbow and more with the heavy crossbow. And half my kills are in melee anyway.

With a pistole I tried taking time to aim but I would land what about 4 or 5 shots out of all of them. Found out that quickly aiming and firing got the same bit rate. So I do that. Faster rate of fire and same amount of hits in general. Quickscoping almost.

Everyone who hates archers always say its super duper easy.

Anyway pirate is harder to use than archers. I find archer easier than pirate. That’s what I was saying.

• @lemonater47:

Anyway pirate is harder to use than archers. I find archer easier than pirate. That’s what I was saying.

:0

but that’s not even possible
    hitscan vs projectile
    the hitscan will always be easier to hit with

there really is absolutely no way your hit % for Pirate is lower than Archer
    unless you don’t really try to hit anything as Pirate, which is possible

• @BB:

@lemonater47:

:0

but that’s not even possible
    hitscan vs projectile
    the hitscan will always be easier to hit with

there really is absolutely no way your hit % for Pirate is lower than Archer
    unless you don’t really try to hit anything as Pirate, which is possible

I aim at people click and the bullet doesn’t play ball.

This is the pistole not blunderbuss. Blunderbuss you can’t really miss.