Chivalry DW, love it hate it.

• The game is fun but there is one thing I don’t understand, why did tb felt there was a need to change everything in mechanics. This game is an expansion so honestly all you guys had to do is take MW, and make new maps and classes without changing any mechanics.
    Instead we got a lot of changes that feels like it’s primary objective to make it easy and fun for everyone, main streaming the shit out of it. One is tracer change, that makes dragging very unrewarding, not to mention that not that many weapons even good for dragging. New players wont go into details, trying to understand tracers, they just run in your face and spam lmb. Now everyone is forced to do this for max dmg, why punish the feature that you guys advertised when MW came out?
    The next thing is no stun. Many people hate stuns yeah but it actually makes you to be conservative about your stamina. Now you don’t have to cause you don’t get stunned and can block with no stamina… What were you thinking? Not only this but I yet ti manage to stun anyone by kicking their shield, so it seems like that was removed to. Yes, lets take away even more tactics and turn this into wait out for the miss game.
    The last thing I want to mention is blocks, why do they feel so slow? You can’t even defend well now as it takes too long to come up after the attacks. This limits your style of play so much.
    Over all I don’t think any of these changes was a good idea and I think this really should have been new maps and classes with exact same mechanics as we got in MW, untweaked. This game seem to be made with no regard for your old player base, with no understanding how people played, but it’s made to make it easy run for everyone. You can’t delay swings with every class, it just does not work as well. Samurai sword stabs, this makes dragging these stabs nearly impossible but I guess thats what they aimed for, for drags to be either useless or impossible, thats what it looks like. Everything about this game just demolishes the skill MW players have and the only tactics that still work is get in someones face and spam or kite.
    After all that, thanks for the game guys. It is really fun but as a MW player it is also annoying as balls. You got to start paying attention to your old player base and stop making bad decisions like this.

• I agree with this. DW’s mechanics feel way different.

You can’t trade parry hits for more then 2-3 hits before getting hit. In MW good duels I have gone trading parries for more then 20 hits.

DW just doesnt feel as fluid and fast as MW, everything seems gimped and slow.

Slam

• Because it’s all about the money.

If they feel that this will net them more money than it will if they were to continue with MW (which even TB can’t seem to figure out how to fix), then they will take the $$$.

Can’t see any other reason to be honest. Seeing as the setting and some of the game mechanics are so far flung from what they are in MW.

From what I’ve seen, MW at higher levels is more fun/difficult yet rewarding. DW looks like there is a huuuuge number of things to choose from to play, but it still looks a lot easier than MW ever was, which isn’t necessarily a good thing.

I’m still pretty sore that TB decided to move away from MW, even if it is momentarily.

• These two posts almost perfectly sum up my feeling about DW.

This game is an expansion so honestly all you guys had to do is take MW, and make new maps and classes without changing any mechanics. Instead we got a lot of changes that feels like it’s primary objective to make it easy and fun for everyone, main streaming the shit out of it.

It makes me angry to say it but they are just milking a dead game now. Making DW extremely casual bullshit, and completely screw over the MW veterans…

• I agree in a way, but you guys are all a bit harsh here. New is not always bad. There are also some good things which I would like to have in CMW:

• I think feinting is in a good state, it is not as strong as in CMW but still viable
    • parrying/reflecting throwables
    • lower damage at start and end of release to give a insta-overheads and drags a “price” (Tracers are extremely bad right now though, but the idea is good)
    • instead of a ten hour long daze the ability for the attacker to combo his attack if the defender is out of stamina

• This game is an expansion so honestly all you guys had to do is take MW, and make new maps and classes without changing any mechanics. Instead we got a lot of changes that feels like it’s primary objective to make it easy and fun for everyone, main streaming the shit out of it.

I don’t know but in the eyes of ANYBODY that would qualify as “lazyness” yeah, they might not be the best changes but let’s face it, it’s and expansion with ninjas and pirates in it, it’s not gonna revive the Chivalry Competitive scene nor do I think TBS had that in mind when making this expansion. It’s a DLC where noobs and casual players can to have fun and I’m more than Certain That’s whaat TBS wanted with this.

I personnally can’t wait for the SDK and want TBS to be done with this as soon as posible to see what do they come up with next, which I’m sure it’s gonna be a far larger and more ambicious proyect than C:MW, to see if they can actually make a game that both hooks up casual players and finnally pleases the comp scene.

• @Vlad:

This game is an expansion so honestly all you guys had to do is take MW, and make new maps and classes without changing any mechanics. Instead we got a lot of changes that feels like it’s primary objective to make it easy and fun for everyone, main streaming the shit out of it.

I don’t know but in the eyes of ANYBODY that would qualify as “lazyness” yeah, they might not be the best changes but let’s face it, it’s and expansion with ninjas and pirates in it, it’s not gonna revive the Chivalry Competitive scene nor do I think TBS had that in mind when making this expansion. It’s an expansion where noobs and casual players can to have fun and I’m more than Certain That’s whaat TBS wanted with this.

I personnally can’t wait for the SDK and want TBS to be done with this as soon as posible to see what do they come up with next, which I’m sure it’s gonna be a far larger and more ambicious proyect than C:MW, to see if they can actually make a game that both hooks up casual players and finnally pleases the comp scene.

They were obviously very lazy. Too lazy to even be lazy. So lazy that to be too lazy to be lazy they actually did something different.

You follow?

• @lemonater47:

@Vlad:

I don’t know but in the eyes of ANYBODY that would qualify as “lazyness” yeah, they might not be the best changes but let’s face it, it’s and expansion with ninjas and pirates in it, it’s not gonna revive the Chivalry Competitive scene nor do I think TBS had that in mind when making this expansion. It’s an expansion where noobs and casual players can to have fun and I’m more than Certain That’s whaat TBS wanted with this.

They were obviously very lazy. Too lazy to even be lazy. So lazy that to be too lazy to be lazy they actually did something different.

You follow?

yeah it’s a problem I have, I redundate to much with the same words but I at least got my point across.

• @Vlad:

I don’t know but in the eyes of ANYBODY that would qualify as “lazyness” yeah, they might not be the best changes but let’s face it, it’s and expansion with ninjas and pirates in it, it’s not gonna revive the Chivalry Competitive scene nor do I think TBS had that in mind when making this expansion. It’s a DLC where noobs and casual players can have fun and I’m more than Certain That’s whaat TBS wanted with this.

• @Vlad:

@Vlad The Impaler:

I don’t know but in the eyes of ANYBODY that would qualify as “lazyness” yeah, they might not be the best changes but let’s face it, it’s and expansion with ninjas and pirates in it, it’s not gonna revive the Chivalry Competitive scene nor do I think TBS had that in mind when making this expansion. It’s a DLC where noobs and casual players can have fun and I’m more than Certain That’s whaat TBS wanted with this.

Did I just edit my post so much that it actually made a new post? lol

• Yep you did and not only that you lost the ability to speak English.

• @lemonater47:

Yep you did and not only that you lost the ability to speak English.

Damn, my brain threw just those 10 years of english courses over the board.

• @Vlad:

@lemonater47:

Damn, my brain just threw those 10 years of english courses over the board.

• @Vlad:

@Vlad The Impaler:

@lemonater47:

Damn, my brain just threw those 10 years of english courses over the board.

Fuck It happened again! ok now I’m just going full retard.

• I just hope it doesn’t spread.

• Can a mod please erase the mess I just did?

• @lemonater47:

Lemonator you flood the forums with your crap.

99% is full of shit suitable to a 13 year old kids opinion which is so far wrong it is not even funny.

Go play another game.

• There are some good things about the game but I don’t see the reason why it should be in such clunky state as it is now when we got MW that works so much better than this one.
    The tracer is good idea but done badly. Reducing dmg at relase is fine but making 3 other stages where only middle is full dmg is a bad idea. All they should have done is reduced dmg at release to nerf lookdowns and rest full dmg.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

Lemonator you flood the forums with your crap.

99% is full of shit suitable to a 13 year old kids opinion which is so far wrong it is not even funny.

Go play another game.

I think to need to calm down and not interfere with things.

• Game is just too clunky atm

Feint window is microscopic appealing to the bad players while it should be alot bigger for a bigger feint to parry window

no CFTP etc everything is just super clunky with barely player control

parry delay on hits doesnt help it