[Poll] What do you think about the game speed?

• The only comparison we have is the knight in CMW and DW:

• It is the slowest class in both games

• Walk speed was increased from 180 to 221 (~22%)

• Sprint speed was increased from 297 to 321 (~8%)

• Therefore the knight in DW (221 walk & 321 sprint) is faster than the Men-at-Arms in CMW (210 walk & 314 sprint)

• I have no numbers on the acceleration values, but I think they have been increased as well

• Obviously all attacks are sped up, but I don’t have numbers on that either

I always thought a slight increase in overall game speed would be a good thing for CMW, but after playing the beta for ca 30 hours now, I came to the conclusion that it is not working for several reasons:

• Heavy increase in missed attacks. Yes practice could probably compensate this a bit over time, but I don’t think it will get much better. Nearly every duel comes to a point where both opponents are breathing heavily, which makes the fight really boring and tedious.

• Heavy increase in teamattacks. This is in conjunction with the previous point. With the extreme speed and acceleration values, the positions of enemies and teammates completely change from the point you click your mouse button to the point when release starts. Yes, you could say “Practice more!” again, but most public players play casually and will never be able to compensate this. This downgrades the whole public gameplay experience a lot. Hell, I have played 700 hrs CMW and 30 DW, I know a stab is safer around teammates, I know how to feint or how to drag the attack to the sky but still I make tons of teamattacks and not just because I am a greedy fucker ;)

• Hittrades, hittrades, hittrades. This is so annoying right now. You try to hit with the sweet spot of your attack (the red tracer) which comes a bit late, bam the enemy starts an attack and you trade. This is my biggest issue with the game right now.

• I really like the speed in CDW, fast paced is good imo. Makes things more interesting.

• @Ho_BoY:

I really like the speed in CDW, fast paced is good imo. Makes things more interesting.

Can you elaborate on that?
    I don’t think misses -> low stamina, teamattacks and hittrades are interesting at all :|
    The only positive thing imo is that can cross the maps faster, but I care more about the combat.

• I have noticed my team attacks have increased since CMW. I also miss A LOT more in 1v1. People always seem to just slip to the side and out of view when I attack. I didn’t have much of an issue with this happening in CMW, and I think it has a lot to do with the increased speed.

The action does feel a bit too fast for me atm, but this is coming from nearly 10 months of CMW. I think I may just be accustomed to CMW and need to adjust. I will say, however, I think the overall speed could go down just a bit, but not as slow as CMW.

I’ve always been a casual player, and I still managed to get pretty good at CMW, so I disagree with your statement about casual players not being able to adjust. It may take us longer, but we’ll get used to it :)

• The combat is perfect. it’s just fast enough that skilled players can go on a rampage if they have a good day.

• I agree with you fvonb, I thought the increased speed would be better but it really isn’t for the reasons you stated.

• Too slow fo sho! (TSFS)

• Just to add on my opinion above. I think everything can be faster except for the movement speed. Weapon attacks, windups, blocks, etc. All that can use the speed up.

• I’d prefer something in between CW and what is currently in DW. For all the reasons stated by OP, it’s a little too fast, but at the same time if the game was to be reduced back to the classic MW speed, it would lose some of the crazy mayham spirit. Additionally, considering the map size a decreased speed would be rather unfortunate.

I am content with the way it is, but a small decrease in speed would be great.

• There is and increase in team attacks because everyone is a noob. It will be almost the same as MW in a few months, when everyone is used to the speed.

• @adamcel6:

There is and increase in team attacks because everyone is a noob. It will be almost the same as MW in a few months, when everyone is used to the speed.

I am afraid that will not be the case, actually.

@Hitom:

The combat is perfect. it’s just fast enough that skilled players can go on a rampage if they have a good day.

It is possible to go on a rampage, but I think it is easier in CMW, because you don’t have those hittrades in every fight. It is so incredibly hard to kill someone flawless.

But I would like to hear more opinions, especially from the guys who voted “perfect”. ;)

• I agree that it should be between CMW and what it is now. Who knows, maybe we will get used to the speed, it will just take a long time to adjust to. I think a little higher speed than CMW adds a new feel that works well, but I agree at its current state it is too fast paced.

• Hi Guys,

I agree with fvonb. I feel that the degree to which the speed has been increased removes a significant amount of the finesse that was required to flawlessly take out another player.

It makes it very difficult to interrupt attacks, land stabs and overheads or deal with multiple enemies at once.

If this is a way TBS feels the game should be played that is fine. I just believe that ultimately a “great” player in DW is going to play very very differently to a “great” player is MW. I do not know if it will be equally awe inspiring or not.

One solution to this may be to decrease the character movement speeds to that in between the current speed and the vanilla speed but to maintain the weapon speeds. This will maintain the fast combat that I believe TBS was looking for.

I think the combat would still feel fast but not so arcadey anymore.

• I agree with fvb on this one.

This expansion took casual play to a whole new level, and skills only mean you are good at kiting the opponents circlerunning like a retarded mouse trying to avoid attacks, making your opponent miss then coming in with an attack whenever they do, because there’s no way of blocking once you don’t hit. RIP intentional misses. In with atttack spamming hoping the opponent doesn’t hit you. yay

But what to expect from a game featuring pirates, ninjas, etc.

At this point I actually miss panic-parry and I always hated that move to death. To save this game from the extreme casual state which it is in, we need implementation of face to face f*****g sprinting, and the removal of the ridiculous bubble, along with implementation of old school CftP with the same stam cost values of the glory days, before the patch of doom.

KONGEN.

• everyone that says this is too fast deserves a slap

• @BB:

everyone that says this is too fast deserves a slap

Agree. I love the speed and can’t enjoy C:MW now as it seems like snail mode.

• So a 10-20% increase in game speed makes it horrible?

Heavy increase in missed attacks. Yes practice could probably compensate this a bit over time, but I don’t think it will get much better. Nearly every duel comes to a point where both opponents are breathing heavily, which makes the fight really boring and tedious.
    Heavy increase in teamattacks. This is in conjunction with the previous point. With the extreme speed and acceleration values, the positions of enemies and teammates completely change from the point you click your mouse button to the point when release starts. Yes, you could say “Practice more!” again, but most public players play casually and will never be able to compensate this. This downgrades the whole public gameplay experience a lot. Hell, I have played 700 hrs CMW and 30 DW, I know a stab is safer around teammates, I know how to feint or how to drag the attack to the sky but still I make tons of teamattacks and not just because I am a greedy fucker

These are not caused by the speed increases. At least not directly.

Mouse sensitivity lockout while swinging has not been increased with the rest of the game it seems. And they actually made the spear lockout slower.

People got very used to this minor dragging without knowing. But in DW its not fast enough.

Increase mouse sensitivity lockout speed for all weapons and it’ll solve your two above problems. Or just lean to play differently than C:MW.

Hit trading happen a bit more. Then again I only hit trade if I know I’m gonna win yes I’m one of those bastards who tries to hit trade you. Except when I’m a weak class. If you see him winding up don’t swing yourself wait for it to come and parry it. Same way to stop it in MW you just have a tad less time.

The only real issue is it lowers the playable ping die to lag.
    Though the servers seen to hold out well with 50 players and 64 wouldn’t be much of an increase. Maybe an extra 10 ping for everyone. This is with everyone with over 200 ping kicked of course. Most people have under 100 and those that do live miles away but close enough to be allowed on.

The speed is fine.

• @lemonater47:

yes I’m one of those bastards who tries to hit trade you.

That’s the most casual thing I’ve ever heard

• @KONGEN:

@lemonater47:

yes I’m one of those bastards who tries to hit trade you.

That’s the most casual thing I’ve ever heard

Hey its a viable strategy against those bastard MAAs.

• @lemonater47:

Hey its a viable strategy against those bastard MAAs.

more drivel, enough already