Poll: Add third weapon tab.

• To me it feels like the weapon choice that you can take with you to battle is very limiting with just primary and secondary. I suggest adding third slot to carry up to 3 weapons. Third tab should have only certain weapons for each class, so that you wont be able to pick 3 hard hitting weapons but able to pick more than just sword and shield.

Here what I think each class should have in selection.

Viking, this class I was really excited for but it left me feeling like it’s lacking. The dual wield does not work as good as I wanted it to and nearly useless since if you pick it than you are limited to just one handed and shield or one handed/dual wield. With dual wield having no advantages over one handed, it actually might be worse due to rumored dmg reduction, there is really no reason to pick it if you can have two handed instead.
    So for Viking options should be: All the one handed weapons, so that you could pick dual wield or have extra axe to throw while still able to carry two handed, and one other one handed. If that seem too much then maybe make shield as option for tab 3 so if you pick anything else than you don’t have the shield.

Knight: add shields and crossbow to the third tab, so that you can have more than just sword and a shield if you wanna go with the shield.

Spartans: this one is hard since they don’t have many options, for this there more weapons must be added.

Ninja: the stars, smoke bombs, and metsubeads if thats how you even spell it. This way ninja wont be limited to just one weapon and one gadget.

Pirate: molotov coctail and shive for third bar, maybe add handgun to secondary?

Samurai: this is the only class that I am not sure if they even need another weapon option but if everyone else does so they must too. I don’t know what could be put in there though.

• Yes if only for the sake of a sidearm, when the viking throws everything he got he only has fists lol.
    Also when the pirate chooses gun and bottle he will be empty soon. Just give everyone a dagger or something. Id like to see more weapon choices too, the katana feels too small for me its like the same size of a broadsword, historically there where different sizes of them. The other one is too big i dont like it. The vanguard has more options. Same for ninja, but he shouldnt have shuriken AND drugs.

• Hi Guys,

I do not feel like a 3rd side arm is necessary.

I think the problem you are thinking of would be fixed with a few more weapons for some of the classes. Also I think the bigger issue is character being able to equip 2 “main” weapons such as the samurai yumi bow plus a choice of any other weapon.

• The only class I feel would need a third slot sometimes is the Knight, and that’s only when you want a shield with your sword or mace, as the other classes who get a shield doesn’t have it take up a weapon slot. But really, I either go shield and mace, or I got poleaxe and crossbow. If anything, the option for both the Knight and the Samurai to have such a powerful melee weapon and such a powerful ranged weapon at the same time should be changed. The Knight should get the Broadsword and the Warhammer, in both the primary slot and secondary slot, and then place the crossbow in the primary slot along with all two-handers so a crossbowman can only use one-handers. And shield users get more options than mace and hand-and-a-half sword.

When it comes to the Viking, he will have his dual wield tweaked somewhat. Right now it does a little less damage than just using a weapon in one hand, and it’s supposed to as you have much faster combo speed so the Damage Per Second could just as well be equal or higher. Especially if you get your rage on. And really, you should have the option to either have a two-hander plus one axe/sword with shield rather than two-hander plus dual wield axe/sword plus shield. Either you go with the massive power of a two-hander with the regular axe/sword+shield back-up, or you go for full on berserker speed with two axes/swords and no heavy hitter!

As for Spartans, there really is nothing more you can give them. Their main weapon was always spears, first the dory and then replaced by the sarissa, and they always have the xiphos or kopis just as a back-up. TBS added the Short Spear and the Falcata for the Spartans, just because they had so few weapons already. The Short Spear is just a different jav, and the Falcata isn’t even Greek. So they can’t really get anything new. Except for slings, I guess. Slings were common, but it wouldn’t require a 3rd slot. It easily goes as a primary, so the guy doesn’t get a spear. It’s a skirmisher’s weapon, just like javelins are.

Samurai already seem like he can pick and choose what he likes, he doesn’t need a 3rd slot at all. Actually, he should get all his big weapons and the bow in primary slot, so that he’s overly powerful at both melee with either yari spear or nodachi, and cover a long range with the yumi. This would of course only leave the katana and wakizashi in the secondary slot. Maybe he could get a tanto there too or something, I dunno, it’s short.

And would we really like a 3rd slot for the Pirate? Would we really like the pistole to be in his secondary, so that he has the blunderbuss shotgun in his primary, the pistole sharpshooter in his secondary and then, no matter how bad it is, the quick stab shank as his tertiary? People are angry enough over the pirate! :)

Ninja… don’t have an opinion… those damn ninja with claws and blinding powder, I don’t want them to have yet another weapon eiter.

• in my opinion the only classes that actually seem to lack a third weapon tab would be Knight and Ninja… but then again… a knight using crossbow + 2H and has an optional shield seems to be overpowered if the other classes were not compensated in some way…

Ninja on the other hand, feel very lacklustery gadget-wise… i am always finding myself unable to choose whether i should pick the metsubushi or shuriken… or even smoke bomb to counter pirates…

a third option for ninja would be fair, as their metsubushi stun is being removed… ninja is probably the class who most desperately need a third weapon slot, However… all the “primary” weapon options whould be removed from both secondary and third slot, only offering Smoke Bomb, Metsubushi and Shuriken… this way a ninja wouldn’t be wearing a Bo staff + shredder claws (takas? can’t remember) + a gadget as that would offer them way too many attack options at distance and speed/close combat…

• Adding a third option won’t give you more options without new equipment, in fact it will probably limit it.

• KNIGHT PRIMARY WEAPONS:

Hand-and-a-half sword
    Poleaxe
    Halberd
    Crossbow
    These are the weird ones:
    Heater shield
    Kite shield

KNIGHT SECONDARY WEAPONS:

Hand-and-a-half sword
    Flanged mace
    Broadsword
    Warhammer
    Throwing knives

So the Knight would be able to use a Halberd and Broadsword, but not a Halberd and a Crossbow as he is now. He would be able to pick a Crossbow, but not two-handed weapon, only one-handed weapons. And he would be able to pick a shield, but only use any other one-handed weapon with it and not a two-handed weapon for backup. Only problem would be if he picks shield and throwing knives, he can’t use the shield and when he throws all his knives he just has his fists left with a shield on his back. Kind of the same problem with the viking, when he throws all his weapons, he only has fists and his shield on his back (unless he threw that one too.)

So with the Viking, I propose that when you throw away all your weapons, you will be granted a seax which you can’t throw away. You can still put away the seax and pull up your fists if that’s your style. But the viking has a small seax in his belt, and sometime I throw away my axe and think “No, why did I do that? The enemy didn’t die from it and now I stand here with just my fists!” Sure, I should learn not to throw away weapons when I don’t have a back-up, but I think the Viking should have the option of a seax no matter how it’s implemented.

So, if the Knight ends up with no weapon, he could be granted a mercy dagger or a thrusting knife or whatever. Hehe.

Edit:
    So, I seem to be starting all my paragraphs with the word “so”.

• @SavageBeatings:

KNIGHT PRIMARY WEAPONS:

Hand-and-a-half sword
    Poleaxe
    Halberd
    Crossbow
    These are the weird ones:
    Heater shield
    Kite shield

KNIGHT SECONDARY WEAPONS:

Hand-and-a-half sword
    Flanged mace
    Broadsword
    Warhammer
    Throwing knives

So the Knight would be able to use a Halberd and Broadsword, but not a Halberd and a Crossbow as he is now. He would be able to pick a Crossbow, but not two-handed weapon, only one-handed weapons. And he would be able to pick a shield, but only use any other one-handed weapon with it and not a two-handed weapon for backup. Only problem would be if he picks shield and throwing knives, he can’t use the shield and when he throws all his knives he just has his fists left with a shield on his back. Kind of the same problem with the viking, when he throws all his weapons, he only has fists and his shield on his back (unless he threw that one too.)

So with the Viking, I propose that when you throw away all your weapons, you will be granted a seax which you can’t throw away. You can still put away the seax and pull up your fists if that’s your style. But the viking has a small seax in his belt, and sometime I throw away my axe and think “No, why did I do that? The enemy didn’t die from it and now I stand here with just my fists!” Sure, I should learn not to throw away weapons when I don’t have a back-up, but I think the Viking should have the option of a seax no matter how it’s implemented.

So, if the Knight ends up with no weapon, he could be granted a mercy dagger or a thrusting knife or whatever. Hehe.

Edit:
    So, I seem to be starting all my paragraphs with the word “so”.

it would indeed seem SO ;D

EDIT: mercy dagger would be a bit losery if you ask me :D just make the viking able to get he’s weapon back in melee range if you hit enemy, this could cost a “swing” that did no damage to the enemy, giving him ample opportunity to get in a free hit in, but in return giving the viking he’s weapon back.
    maybe make shield usuable with fist just for the sake of captain america XD

Edit: really good knight ideas… however i feel like another sword option and maybe a 2 handed mace woulb be nice, not a sledgehammer style mace, but a lightweight mace or something. i don’t like the style of the poleaxe… it doesn’t seem to fit for some reason… but again… thats maybe just me…

does it have “bash” damage? - or whatever to call the mace-damage-type.
    if it had added a swing that would do bash damage (good vs heavy armor) then i might start liking the poleaxe… maybe its the fact its hit sound has been changed… i dunno… something is just off about it…
    but i can see it being done as it actually has a small hammerhead.

• I WANT TO KEEP MY CROSSBOW AND MY LONGSWORD :king:

• I really don’t see the need for a third weapon tab. It’s just going to become too cumbersome. I’d like this game to keep relatively ‘realistic’ in the way the classes manage their weapons. 2 weapons seems good, but 3 is going overboard imo.

I also don’t see why people think having your fists left is an issue, it’s YOUR choice if you wish to throw your weapons at someones head in return for that feature you loose your weapon. Sounds like a good trade off imo. Although the latest patch makes it so that you can pick up your spear from a dead body as a Spartan. This should be extended to the Viking and any other class that can throw their weapons, they should be able to pick up their weapons. Maybe it will break after throwing it a second time or something, making it unusable.

• @fvonb:

I WANT TO KEEP MY CROSSBOW AND MY LONGSWORD :king:

With my idea, you would. Since the longsword is also a one-handed option, it would be in the Secondary, which only has one-handers.