Nerf vs Buff

• Hi Guys,

From playing the game it is obvious that some classes are more powerful than others. It is no surprise then that there are a million posts about what makes these classes OP etc etc.

In the past, aka vanilla chivalry, TBS tended to nerf class abilities to balance the game. From what I have seen this is what most developers do and that is fair enough.

What I am wondering is whether you guys prefer certain abilities/classes to be nerfed or whether you prefer the “underpowered” classes abilities to get buffed?

Obviously this is not referring to glitchy game mechanics (ie hit tracers, weapons going around shields etc) which should be fixed but rather abilities like the spartan shield bash, ninja roll, viking berserk.

Thanks,

• I’ve heard every class be called over powered and under powered at the same time. Except the samurai. That’s just been called OP and balanced.

• I prefer a mix. I’m not a fan of the way the SMITE developers go about balance. They basically add every new character where they want them (which is always very powerful) and then nerf them over time.

Likewise I don’t think buffing everything all the time will help, but it’s rare and I’ve never really gone through a beta where everything becomes much more stronger over time.

One thing I don’t like is where if one thing is out of alignment, instead of bringing it into alignment with everything else, some developers choose to bring everything else into alignment with the odd one out.

• @lemonater47:

I’ve heard every class be called over powered and under powered at the same time. Except the samurai. That’s just been called OP and balanced.

This.

• Honestly the only OP shit I currently see is pirates. Everyone bitches Samurai are, but I find it easy (I run Spartan) to beat a Samurai. The thing however is… pirates. I’m not gonna be the cry baby kid who just calls something OP and doesn’t point out why…

1.) Their projectiles cannot be blocked. This isn’t modern guns with high velocity rounds of pwnpwn that would destroy my shield, this is a damn flintlock pistol.

2.) Why and the fuck is their reload so fast? Who and the fuck can reload those old guns so quick?

3.) Those guns are far too accurate. They make a old school little flintlock look like a modern day sniper rifle. Being hit with one from 50M away dead on? Bullshit. At least you had a chance again archery in Chiv: MW.

4.) This one really made me go what the fuck? Their C taunt ability drinks rum and heals them!? I get they have this drunk effect, who cares? They’re always way back shooting anyways. I’m sure under that effect they could even hit a target.