Broken shields, broken hit tracers, copying tbs?

• I know it’s beta, but still, these problems were also in medieval warfare. They never got fixed.

[youtubehd:a3144br6]ayOaDMHuL5U[/youtubehd:a3144br6]

• Working as intended is broken now days? Shields are fine, people should learn to center aim, tracers is still beta.

• @Hitom:

Working as intended is broken now days? Shields are fine, people should learn to center aim, tracers is still beta.

Hitting air, but get hit, is working as intended? Damn, you must be a huge tbs fanboy or just plain stupid. I know dw is still in beta like I mentioned in my post, but medieval warfare isn’t in beta, and the shields are broken in the same way.

• @Hitom:

…Shields are fine…

What is wrong with you? … There’s a video, proving it’s broken.

• doublepost

• @ameleke:

@Hitom:

Working as intended is broken now days? Shields are fine, people should learn to center aim, tracers is still beta.

Hitting air, but get hit, is working as intended? Damn, you must be a huge tbs fanboy or just plain stupid. I know dw is still in beta like I mentioned in my post, but medieval warfare isn’t in beta, and the shields are broken in the same way.

The shield thing been discussed for ages, not really a priority making shields OP untill tracers are fixed imo.

• Wow, that is shit. :|

• I’m not defending what I saw in the video, but if it weren’t for that, would I ever be able to hit someone using a shield from the side as I’ve done countless times in Medieval warfare?

• lmao people still think this is a bug

all shield and parry hitboxes are the same
    the Spartan isn’t aiming his block where he should be
    the sword is hitting the enemy player’s hitbox

stop before you embarrass yourselves

• its a bug tho

• @CRUSHED:

its a bug tho

nothing buggy about it
    the Shield’s hitbox is small, the player’s hitbox is bigger, the sword tracer is hitting the player’s hitbox

what should we do Crushed??
    should we increase the size of shield hitboxes? :3
    would that make you happy?

• i dont care if this gets fixed i dont use shields :D

• @CRUSHED:

i dont care if this gets fixed i dont use shields :D

lol seriously what’s there to fix??
    can anyone actually explain to me what they think the problem is here?
    do you want shield hitboxes to match the shield’s model?
    Spartans would be invincible

• @BB:

@CRUSHED:

i dont care if this gets fixed i dont use shields :D

lol seriously what’s there to fix??
    can anyone actually explain to me what they think the problem is here?
    do you want shield hitboxes to match the shield’s model?
    Spartans would be invincible

Yes, most obviously, I see no reason why should anyone be able to hit someone through a shield. I believe shields should be better in blocking strikes than parries.

This problem isn’t only connected with Spartan and DW, the fact that this problem exists even in MW is most unsettling, especially since using shields yields several disadvantages in MW. I am convinced that the only nerf shields needed was the one that makes them significantly vulnerable to kicks. Beyond that, coupled with the fact that holding it up for extended period of time drains your stamina rapidly and blocking with it actually costs more stamina than parries, I believe that shields should make the wielder more or less invincible from the front, of course depending on their size. Tower shield being the prime example. Only well placed hits in the right direction coupled with right movement, in attempt to strafe around the shield bearer should ever succeed in penetrating the shield, and definitely not just aiming a stab through the shield on a exposed hitbox.

Additional tweaks would be needed to keep classes, such as the Spartan, in balance, but definitely not making the shield unreliable.

• Spartans would be way OP if shields had bigger hitbox. Weapon tracers working properly, then we can talk about making shields OP.

• It just looks as though part of their hitbox is floating off to the left of the caracter model. So the shield isn’t broken its just that invisible floating hitbox of the character making the shield useless.

You aren’t actually hitting the dude at all and his taking damage shield or no shield you aren’t touching him. Not the shields that are broken but the really bad hitbox on the character.

• @Martys:

I believe shields should be better in blocking strikes than parries.

too bad that’s never going to happen huh?

shields have the same blocking hitbox as parries, and that’s not going to change

• I think what the video clearly shows a guy stabbing a shield and blood is coming out of it. If you don’t think that is an issue, then you may want to rethink some things in your life.

• @ameleke:

I know it’s beta, but still, these problems were also in medieval warfare. They never got fixed.

You already know why, you said it yourself. I sucked tbs cocks so shields would suck and you along with them. Wasnt that what you was crying about like a little bitch? When you said I was a shity alphatester for you being shit at the game? Yeaaa…