[BUG] Great another fn admin bug….. ugh

• Ok, it is well known that if you are on your own server and some noob votekicks you, you have two choices.

1. Log in as admin.
    2. Log in as admin and cancel vote.

Here is the problem……
    If you log in as admin, and the vote is successful. You do not get kicked. BUT if you leave the server, the vote is STILL FUCKING EMPLOYED. Meaning that I cannot get back into my own server till the time is up. A year later and this is unacceptable.

Thanks for great admin support!

Since the IP is banned is there anyway of removing it kick bans? I have my set for an hour.

might have to move this thread to the bug section

• And I suppose you reported this a year ago?

They probably didn’t know about it. I mean which admin just logs in gets voted yes then decides to leave and come back. Especially when the default time is 5 minutes and most servers use that default time.

There are far more better things they can spend their time on improving admin. Like a ping kick.

Best cancel the vote. Or be nicer so people don’t start votekicks against you and all vote yes. Of you have typed admincancelvote before you can just push the up arrow key in console till you get to it again. It saves even after you quit the game.

• @lemonater47:

And I suppose you reported this a year ago?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t reported a year ago. I have been bitching about admin commands, remote admin and ease of admin for a year. I just didn’t bother to look it up in my every increasing frustration of the game.

They probably didn’t know about it. I mean which admin just logs in gets voted yes then decides to leave and come back. Especially when the default time is 5 minutes and most servers use that default time.

As a person who like to have as much control over there servers with ease of use. I changed my default time to an hour which stops trolls from coming back in 5 mins to start all over again. I also changed the vote to 65% which isn’t default either making it harder for noobs to rage vote kick when they are getting their asses handed to them by a higher rank. Hmmm smart ideas…. Sometimes admins who have more than one server have to hop back and forth. SO yeah not having admin recognition or reserved slots on a server, not to mention this bug is unacceptable.

There are far more better things they can spend their time on improving admin. Like a ping kick.

UMmmmm no there isn’t. One of the biggest reasons people leave chiv is the shitty administration. It is horrible on all account. The remote admin is also a over complicated pos that doesn’t work efficiently not to mention install or configure easily without a programing degree. Not having a simplified admin is also the reason all the tournaments sucked and took forever and why there is really no leagues or more tournaments.

Without proper admin tools you are forced to rely on the dev team to code things like HPK which clearly doesnt work either.

Best cancel the vote. Or be nicer so people don’t start votekicks against you and all vote yes. Of you have typed admincancelvote before you can just push the up arrow key in console till you get to it again. It saves even after you quit the game.

ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME? I have been running servers for years. Please brown nose kiss ass, dont tell me how to run my own servers. You dont think I know this shit? The problem isnt in being nice it is about having the right simple tools to do the right job. Clearly a year later and this still isnt a reality.

• Rage some more.

There are far better things they can improve with admin rather than just the ban from votekicks which for 99% of servers is at 5 minutes. Also best not to have everyone on your server hate you. Play nice and you won’t be votekicked.

I said there’s better things that that small issue to improve with admin. Then you disagree and agree with me in the same sentence. You say know they should then you go per all the things I had in mind with admin and say they should do them. Like I just said and that you earlier disagreed with.

I would say this bug is probably acceptable. Its easy to avoid an easy to stop once the votekick is started. And wouldn’t be a problem on 99% of servers.

Like I said before there are far better things they could do with admin instead of wasting their time just so one guy with anger issues who only had this happen once in a whole year won’t have it happen again same time next year.

That list of things you wrote before where you disagreed and agreed with me is what they should be doing. Make admin usable. Lets hope your anger doesn’t overpower your English comprehension this time.

• @lemonater47:

blah blah blah

The forum consensus is that you are an idiot. Thank you for confirming it once again.

NO BUG is acceptable. And in case you were paying attention there is a new influx of noobs who will vote kick when they lose. The whole idea of making people like you is preposterous with an influx of noobs. Seriously, how retarded are you and how much of the kool-aid have you been drinking?

• @Retsnom: You look like an angry kid when you rage like that. Chill. This game has a lot of bugs and imperfections, many of which are far more severe than that one.

Words of wisdom: Try not to leave your server just after being vote kicked ;)
    Words of wisdom 2: Try to be nice to people, I noticed that they kick you less when you are nice to them :P

• @Retsnom:

@lemonater47:

blah blah blah

The forum consensus is that you are an idiot. Thank you for confirming it once again.

NO BUG is acceptable. And in case you were paying attention there is a new influx of noobs who will vote kick when they lose. The whole idea of making people like you is preposterous with an influx of noobs. Seriously, how retarded are you and how much of the kool-aid have you been drinking?

Fine. Have fun getting kicked. I administrate on multiple servers too and I get frustrated by the lack of support. No need to get angry about it and start insulting people.

Be constructive. And the devs themselves are more likely to listen and act. However slim the chances.

And your right about the new influx of noobs. And I have also noticed that you don’t like them. And if you have this behaviour in game I can see why people will try and kick you and why people vote yes. Votekicks have started against me too. But fail with the kick still set at the default 55%. And you say I’m the idiot.

• Please, how about not responding you any more of my posts. You actually contribute nothing but “censored”

• ok about time some1 else backed you up Ret,

the admin control, support in this game is horrible straight up, and has been the entire time , and anyone that thinks otherwise is a moron or just an idiot.

i also have ran many servers for many years in many games all of which were the epitamy of gaming because of the mods i ran and the control i gave you on a server with the admin mods or comands i ran.

in badcompany 2 i had a cash mod where you got paid in virtua cash for every minute, kill and certain weapon used to kill, you could also steal peoples money by using certain weapons, and put bounties on peoples heads, this mod also let you as a regular regulate the server with your money, you could buy admin comands, kicks, mutes, slays, temp bans etc all for a certain price which i set, eliminating a 1 hr noob to the server from banning a 2 week regular.

that is just 1 mod that did a hundred things on my server, let alone the mod which me and a guy created and coded which was only on my server, as i did not release it, due to the power it had.
    which let me make certain gun/ game styles allowing only certain weps in that style to be used, and each map the players voted for 1-100 game styles all offering epic custom action you just wont and cant get in the regular game based on the weps i had in them all of which were even gameplay styles, so no matter whether you were lvl 50 or lvl 0 you have the same chance at winning, thus letting you win by pure skill and not weapon or game exploits.
    also my server was the only server in the world where in squad deathmatch where you could type @ping to see your ping as in sqdm it doesnt show it in game, just shows your score when you hit tab in sqdm.
    you could even buy taunts or praises to yell on someones screen all which costed $ and were preset.
    so i could type in @ns Lem and it would yell on your screen nice fucking shot Lemonator.
    there was a spot in 1 map where ppl woul glitch up on a hill and hide behind a rock, i made one for that too @goth would yell globally on everyones screen GET OFF THE HILL OR YOU WILL BE KICKED
    these are the things that make a good game better for both players and admins.

all in all i had over 100 @ comands that you could do on my server and interact/ control the server with as a player, so i know how important and how cool it is to play on servers with neat features and diff stuff then your run of the mill regular servers.
    i even had my coder make it so the name of my server changed with each map/game style we played to let you know what type of gamestyle it was currently playing!
    also the only server in the world to have that mod in that game aswell.

i would love to convert that mod into this game, imagine how awesome it would be to play a map where every one was using the same strength weps in a game style, i had all the classes in each style too so you could be all 4 classes each game style aswell, sure there were some styles that were just for 1 class yes but 90% of them had all classes, and this worked cause some of the guns were in all the classes, ie shotguns pistols and a few others.

in the regular game you might get shot by a shotgun with buckshot 1 time a day, well imagine playing a map where everyone had buck shot shotguns, and only when their clip was empty they were allowed to use the burst pistol m93r to kill you, the flack and amount of bullets you had to dodge and jump over to stay alive alone made you a better player by itself let alone everyone using that gun over and over in a map, that was one of the most popular styles, and i had like 10 diff versionS of it, some with all shottys or 4 diff ones with just that shotty, and even an snop version of all of them, snop = shotguns no pistols

i do all of my mods in games to benifit you as a player by enhancing your experience, making you a better player by playing the fast intense action i have created, all while giving you way more fun then you would normally get in the regular game.

one of my favorite styles was one called wookie rush, ghile suits in bc2 look like wookies so thats where the name came from, but anyway it was a run and gun style with bolt action m24 sniper rifle redot scope and no camping, this style literally trained you for 100% accuracy and made you very good, most styles were iron sights unless specified in the name of the style, as iron sights make you a way better shooter as you learn how to shoot the gun versus using redots or 4x scopes for machine guns, as they stabalized your barrel and were literally like a no rekoil hack.

this games admin tools have been basically nonexsitant the whole year its been out, ive made several hundred posts about the lack of tools needed to control this games toxic comunity and trolls let alone anything cool to set your server apart from the rest and offer a better gaming experience then the troll enfused votekicking bs that happens on official servers with no admins.

just the fact that you have to be spawned to type and admin in your server is a fucking joke all by itself.

big brother was joke and like Ret said is a pain in the ass and no documentation on how to properly do it,let alone how complicated it is.

without admins running servers a game dies plain and simple, it is us who keeps the game alive Lemon, not you and your brownosing the game is fine quit whining useless remarks that just piss us off more.

torn banner has taken a totaly wrong apprach on all of this missing the huge issue of the fact that if we shut our servers down the game dies and they go bankrupt, their 10 offical, unadmined, troll infested votekicking rage servers arent gonna keep this beta of a game alive plain and simple dude.

which is why you cater to the admins controling your future, promoting your game day in day out.
    i spend 4-6 hrs in my server everyday making sure you are having fun and a good time and the unlocks havent stopped, or theres no trolls ruining your experience, vote kicking is disabled on my server as well as team damage as those are 2 fucking major things that are admining nightmares, expecially in a game like this.

follow 3 simple rules and you will literally never ever ever get kicked from my server ever!
    1 keep the chat clean and be friendly
    2 be cool/nice to people
    3 have fun
    and of course no spawn killing in TO’s should go without saying.
    i also do not tolerate any archer hate whatsoever!

these 3 simple rules will create an epic comunity for your players as i have done, all of the people who play on my server are nice and friendly and welcome eachother back and say gg.

the game needs admining tools(that work) or it will die plain and simple.
    they looked at this game from the wrong perspective, its not the players who keep it alive, but the admins and their controls, without us there is simply nowhere for you to play!

Lemon wrote:

Be constructive. And the devs themselves are more likely to listen and act. However slim the chances

and were not here to sugar coat stuff bro, we all bought a broken product and want whats right, the game to be fixed and up to par and actually work right and admin support.
    thats how you do good business, by standing behind your work and admiting when your wrong or have broken somthing and fixing it and making it right with your customers Lemon.

this oughta sum up the level of support we as admins have gotten,

after a year of being out can i welcome the players to my server with out me physicaly being there and typing something to new players on my server or even regulars.
    in other words does the welcome message work?

No it does not, that is enough to be said!

P.S.
    dont ever doubt my dedication for a second in any game i dedicate myself to, if i didnt want to make the game better or didnt give a hoot about its current horrible state i wouldnt be here plain and simple, i wouldnt have over 500 posts on here, and i wouldnt have over 2600 hours and i wouldnt be rank 55 now would i if i didnt right.
    there isnt many people in this game more dedicated then me my friend, last i checked there was about 6.
    and
    my license plate says WARSAW and i doubt you can say the same!

• @Retsnom:

Ok, it is well known that if you are on your own server and some noob votekicks you, you have two choices.

1. Log in as admin.

Here is the problem……
    If you log in as admin, and the vote is successful. You do not get kicked. BUT if you leave the server, the vote is STILL FUCKING EMPLOYED. Meaning that I cannot get back into my own server till the time is up. A year later and this is unacceptable.

Since the IP is banned is there anyway of removing it kick bans? I have my set for an hour.

Kick method evaluates whether you are an admin or not, where the ban method doesn’t.

It can be fixed with a single line of code by adding an extra condition.
    This is what I’ve done for my TK System ban method:

if (!AccessControl.IsAdmin(PC))
            {

BannedPlayerName = PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName;
                AOCAccessControl(AccessControl).KickBanGlobal(PC, TKBanDuration, "Too many TK points. Duration:"@BanDurationString);
                BroadcastMessage(none, BannedPlayerName@"has been kicked for teamkilling too much.", EFAC_ALL, true);

}

else
                BroadcastMessageToPlayer(PC, "As an admin, you will not be banned by the TK System.");

As for unbanning, it doesn’t ban your IP, rather it bans your SteamID. You can remove the ban directly from the ini (UDKGame) or from Rcon.

• The thing is they already have your money. They have nothing to lose. This isn’t a business partnership.

If you get angry at them they are unlikely to Fix the things you want. They are human. They will ignore you and move on.

Being constructive causes no harm controlling your anger isn’t that hard.

• @lemonater47:

The thing is they already have your money. They have nothing to lose. This isn’t a business partnership.

If you get angry at them they are unlikely to Fix the things you want. They are human. They will ignore you and move on.

Maybe that is how you would run a business.

But most normal developers are mature and fix issues based upon internally assigned priority.

Only kids would not fix something because someone raged about it.

• Warsaw, you are the shit and i wish I was half the admin you are. Quite simply, you are correct. Without independent server hosts this game is dead. Official servers could not handle the number of players without us. Sadly, we are so limited on what we can do.

@Cthulhu:

@Retsnom:

Ok, it is well known that if you are on your own server and some noob votekicks you, you have two choices.

1. Log in as admin.

Here is the problem……

Kick method evaluates whether you are an admin or not, where the ban method doesn’t.

It can be fixed with a single line of code by adding an extra condition.
    This is what I’ve done for my TK System ban method:

if (!AccessControl.IsAdmin(PC))
            {

BannedPlayerName = PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName;
                AOCAccessControl(AccessControl).KickBanGlobal(PC, TKBanDuration, "Too many TK points. Duration:"@BanDurationString);
                BroadcastMessage(none, BannedPlayerName@"has been kicked for teamkilling too much.", EFAC_ALL, true);

}

else
                BroadcastMessageToPlayer(PC, "As an admin, you will not be banned by the TK System.");

As for unbanning, it doesn’t ban your IP, rather it bans your SteamID. You can remove the ban directly from the ini (UDKGame) or from Rcon.

Ok, so where does this code go exactly? Even more sad that we as fans, players, admins have to create code to solve problems that devs should have done in the beginning.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

The thing is they already have your money. They have nothing to lose. This isn’t a business partnership.

Maybe that is how you would run a business.

But most normal developers are mature and fix issues based upon internally assigned priority.

I also said how insignificant his problem was. And there’s a multitude of other admin improvements they can work on.

• Lemonater, never failing to suckle on the taint formerly known as TBS. :|

The number of bugs that have persisted since the release of the game vs. how many bugs have been introduced as a result of shoddy, poorly tested patches is inexcusable in every sense.

• @Nihilum:

Lemonater, never failing to suckle on the taint formerly known as TBS. :|

The number of bugs that have persisted since the release of the game vs. how many bugs have been introduced as a result of shoddy, poorly tested patches is inexcusable in every sense.

No I’m trying to prioritise. He wants this bug that’s really only gonna affect him maybe once a year.

What I want is for torn banner to work on the more important aspects of admin.

But people don’t read my posts do they. In my first reply I said that.

• @Retsnom:

Ok, so where does this code go exactly? Even more sad that we as fans, players, admins have to create code to solve problems that devs should have done in the beginning.

Well, unless you’ve a beta server you can’t apply this code in the live game as the SDK isn’t there yet.
    It was merely to point out that it can be fixed with a single line of code.

However, if you do want to fix that yourself in the future, it should preferably be applied into the AOCAccessControl::KickBanGlobal method.

function KickBanGlobal( AOCPlayerController P, float DurationSeconds, optional string Reason = "" )
    {
    	if ( NetConnection(P.Player) != None )
    	{
    		if (Reason  == "")
    			Reason  = DefaultKickReason;

AddBan(P.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName, Reason, int(DurationSeconds), P.PlayerReplicationInfo.UniqueId, P.GetPlayerNetworkAddress(), false);

KickPlayer(P, Reason);
    		return;
    	}
    }

to

function KickBanGlobal( AOCPlayerController P, float DurationSeconds, optional string Reason = "" )
    {
    	if ( NetConnection(P.Player) != None && !IsAdmin(P) )
    	{
    		if (Reason  == "")

AddBan(P.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName, Reason, int(DurationSeconds), P.PlayerReplicationInfo.UniqueId, P.GetPlayerNetworkAddress(), false);

KickPlayer(P, Reason);
    		return;
    	}
    }

• Mod

Moved to the appropriate forum.

• @Cthulhu:

@Retsnom:

Well, unless you’ve a beta server you can’t apply this code in the live game as the SDK isn’t there yet.
    It was merely to point out that it can be fixed with a single line of code.

However, if you do want to fix that yourself in the future, it should preferably be applied into the AOCAccessControl::KickBanGlobal method.

{
    	if ( NetConnection(P.Player) != None )
    	{
    		if (Reason  == "")

KickPlayer(P, Reason);
    		return;
    	}
    }

to

{
    	if ( NetConnection(P.Player) != None && !IsAdmin(P) )
    	{
    		if (Reason  == "")

KickPlayer(P, Reason);
    		return;
    	}
    }

Awesome, but can you not apply this code the the server file and restart it?

• i think the main point were tying to make is that there has been NO admin support for a year now, what is there doesnt even work, and like others said thats is just unacceptable and going to ultimately kill the game if somthing isnt done about it.

Retsnom wrote:

Warsaw, you are the shit and i wish I was half the admin you are. Quite simply, you are correct. Without independent server hosts this game is dead. Official servers could not handle the number of players without us. Sadly, we are so limited on what we can do.

ty brotha much appreciated, half or not its kinda hard in this game to be even a whole with the limitations holding us back, so being a good admin takes mega work in this game with our limited resources as admins, and not being able to type while spawned without watching your head roll over and over again.

like i said in the last post, a year in and we dont even have a welcome message for players with out actually typing welcome to every person, thats not cool.

gregcau Wrote:

yeah lets hope they arent that foolish as to not fix their game because people get fed up with nothing working, no admin controls, countless un needed game breaking nerfs and bugs.
    i have stated every issue or game breaking thing or glitch that ruins the fluidity and combat epicness of the game and how to fix it, all we can do is hope and pray that they try some of the things we have said even if in moderation and fix it.

and if you had about 250 mods on your server that you spent almost a year fine tuning to pure epicness and then overnight were nerfed down to 4 mods in 1 dumb nerf patch,
    i dont think that there’s anyone in the world who wouldnt be a lil upset and be entitled to be a bit pissed off about that.

i build decks and sunrooms by day and roll heads at night, and love to keep modding and improving the pace and intensity of the action and make it very fun and creating somthing awesome for others to enjoy in a friendly environment.