Is there any way I can just get my sword?

• For 3 days I have been grinding to unlock the second primary sword for the MaA.
    I have gotten over 50 kills, not including day one.
    Weapon progress says only 18 more to go.

Is there any way I can just just get my sword?

• @Puggerugger:

For 3 days I have been grinding to unlock the second primary sword for the MaA.
    I have gotten over 50 kills, not including day one.
    Weapon progress says only 18 more to go.

Is there any way I can just just get my sword?

If you’re really in a hurry, just hang out in FFAs (actual FFAs, not duels) and pound away until you get enough kills. Doesn’t take long that way, since everyone will be crowded up, there are no friendlies, most people will already be injured, and there are no objectives or other distractions to worry about. Especially as MAA, it’s pretty easy to run around and steal kills.

I’m not sure exactly what’s up with weapon progress these days, or how the bug works. I was bugged out for most of my unlocking days: I’d go through a match only to find that none of my kills saved. But occasionally they would save, so it was just a matter of persistence. Some rooms also seemed to not work for unlocking - I stuck to official rooms only.

• I don’t think FFA counts towards unlocks though, otherwise it would probably be the best way.

That said, the starting sword for MaA, the broadsword, many people think is their strongest sword weapon. And, I’d agree with those that say so.

• You can unlock weapons in any game mode, but you have to be on an Official server with at least 5 players.
    You can gain XP on any server but you can unlock weapons ONLY on official servers.

• @BillDoor:

You can unlock weapons in any game mode, but you have to be on an Official server with at least 5 players.
    You can gain XP on any server but you can unlock weapons ONLY on official servers.

Uhm… I unlocked them on every server I was on until now. And I avoid official servers.

• @BillDoor:

You can unlock weapons in any game mode, but you have to be on an Official server with at least 5 players.

new bug or feature ? coz I’ve never played on an official server and i have all weapons on 2 accounts

• Well excuse me for helping but not providing a detailed timeline for acquiring this information.

So - ‘technically’ you can unlock weapons on any Ranked server. The last 11 months have shown that this isn’t always true though - some servers never seem to unlock even though they are ranked. Official servers usually don’t have this issue - so if you play on an Official server, unlocks should work. Is that enough details for your OCD?

You also have to have at least 5 people playing on the server, or unlocks won’t count.

• i’ve seen this question asked many times whilst in game. the answer that invariably gets thrown around is " F10 or altF4". could this be? it seems to be the panacea for any and all CMW glitches. ;)

• @BillDoor:

This is incorrect, there are no requirements for gaining XP.

• You should just stick with the broadsword IMO.

• @Altimor:

@BillDoor:

This is incorrect, there are no requirements for gaining XP.

:?
    English is a second language for you?