The Patch?

• I might just be ignorant, but right now Steam is downloading a patch for Chiv Beta (DW) and I can’t find the patch notes for it on this site. Where are they?

This thread can also be used to discuss the recent patch.

• Currently downloading the patch, all changes I know of is my steam friends new inability to find servers.

• Placeholder or patch? I don’t see any patch notes or any announcements. :?

• So far from what I could tell. New Loading logo and settings menu updated. Looking release ready now on the cover of things. Tutorial also updated. Spartan knockback effect definetely in place. noob dachi slowed down drastically, like wow!

• Metsubishi?

• They fixed a bunch of things, The knights glitched walk, The metsubishi. The shield bash does 20 points of damage now half of what it did before the patch.

Some stats on some weapons seem different, Confirm?

• Spartan shield takes up more screen space?

• TORN BANNER PATCH NOTES NOW

• The update broke one-button-dodge for me :/

It just does nothing at all. Already tried to rebind it.

Some people in the chat reported the same issue.

• @HammelGammel:

The update broke one-button-dodge for me :/

I can’t throw anything in tutorial? Was that intended? Starting to see a few more problems now. After you go into tutorial it seems to think you’ve entered it via console commands and you can’t join a room after joining tutorial unless you restart the game.

• @SirBlade:

@HammelGammel:

I can’t throw anything in tutorial? Was that intended? Starting to see a few more problems now. After you go into tutorial it seems to think you’ve entered it via console commands and you can’t join a room after joining tutorial unless you restart the game.

That was before patch as well.

• New graphic options, gg!

• @fvonb:

New graphic options, gg!

Can’t see anything in game, GG :D Everything is black when I join a game? Also I can’t throw anything like shurikens ingame the 2 hotkey doesn’t work anymore?

• @HammelGammel:

it’s possible some of your settings got reset, I’d check em to make sure they’re all still there

• @BB:

it’s possible some of your settings got reset, I’d check em to make sure they’re all still there

@HammelGammel:

…Already tried to rebind it.

• @BB:

@HammelGammel:

They changed the 2 key throw to G. Just letting people know.

• Okay, here are some unofficial patch notes:

+Adds new good-looking menus
    +Spartan shield bash seems to have a slightly longer windup
    +More graphics options
    +Seems to be running a tad smoother on my machine
    +Blood decal length
    +Can pick up thrown shields with the Viking!
    ++Can pick up weapons from fallen enemies!

+/-Default quick projectile button (shurikens, molotovs, etc) is now G instead of 2.
    +/-Tutorial messages.

-Breaks the one-button dodge, can’t get it to work
    -Someone must have misplaced a decimal, double tap time slider now changes the value with a minimum of 1000ms
    -Points stated above combined
    -Can’t sort the servers by ping
    -Bots in the gauntlet run are now pants-on-head retarded, worse in combat and they keep killing each other before making me their target. What happened to the decent bots in the previous version?
    -Can’t start sprinting if you hold W + A or D. (Can luckily still sprint while holding that combination of keys)
    -“Oh god what did you do to the controls” in general
    -Shield throw is bound to the “Quick throw”-button. (G) If I want to throw it with a comfortable button like before, and current axes (MMB) I have to change the quick throw buttons in the menu, potentially resulting in being unable to throw shuriken or dodging as a Ninja if you have the one-button dodge set to MMB (which many people have)
    -Graphics bug making everything other than the skybox a silhouette. Can easily be resolved, though.

Unchanged:
    No projectile camera for many projectiles (shield being one of them)
    Sometimes weapons will not be up-pickable.
    Viking feint still unavailable (At least for norse sword + shield)
    Menus still refuse to turn some settings on and off. (Including the new Ambient music and Hint settings)

That’s about all I have to say about the game until a hotfix.

• @SirBlade:

@BB:

@HammelGammel:

They changed the 2 key throw to G. Just letting people know.

What? That’s harder to reach than 2!

• What happened TBS?

• seems like a shitty patch to me… got lower fps on most maps then pre patch and no real major balance changes just graphic options, tutorial ingame ( good) new ui for killfeed etc

noticed the black screen bug as above and u cant press esc to get out of a menu anymore (when you open it with esc)