One Button Dodge Temporary Fix

• With the new patch out, one button dodge has been fixed, so this no longer applies!

Thanks for your patience!

Until we can get the one button dodge fixed on our end, here is a temporary solution you can use in the meantime for those who prefer to one-button dodge to victory.

• Open up CDWSettings.ini in Documents/MyGames/Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta/CDWGame/Config

• Look for bUseButtonToDodge=False and change it to True

• Save the file and login to your game.

• Check your keybindings and set one button dodge to whatever key you want. Then save the settings.

• @Kimiko:

for those who prefer to one-button dodge

you mean everyone who has ever mained MAA or Ninja?

also I had to do this

• Open up CDWSettings.ini in Documents/MyGames/Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta/CDWGame/Config

• Open up file CDWSettings

• Look for bUseButtonToDodge=False and change it to True

• I am having to do this everytime I play.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSEEE fix this.

• @shockofdaylight:

I am having to do this everytime I play.

really?
    1 time worked for me, did you make sure to close off the config window?

• @BB:

Oops! Forgot to add that in. Thanks, fixed in first post.

@shockofdaylight:

I am having to do this everytime I play.

Yeah it should work. Make sure you save the config file, then open up the game and set your keybinds.

• Real talk though, why is double tap even there?
    You’re actually hurting your new Ninja and MAA players by keeping it in existance

This isn’t even a 1st VS 3rd person type of discussion
    This is “I love having full control over myself” VS “oops I accidentally d-tapped, oops I did it ag- OOPS IT KEEPS HAPPENING”

You can turn it off so that’s what I tell new players to always do
    But seriously, this is getting rediculous, it’s time to let it go

• @BB:

Real talk though, why is double tap even there?
    You’re actually hurting your new Ninja and MAA players by keeping it in existance

This is “I love having full control over myself” VS “oops I accidentally d-tapped, oops I did it ag- OOPS IT KEEPS HAPPENING”

It’s preference. A lot of people I know that play MAA religiously, do like double tapping over one button dodge.

• Bluh, I don’t know em

• @Kimiko:

@BB:

It’s preference. A lot of people I know that play MAA religiously, do like double tapping over one button dodge.

From those I have talked to that do, it’s a relic of the time when you could double dodge too fast, go nowhere yet waste the stam of 2 dodges. That’s simply how they got used to playing, so they prefer it despite it being sub-optimal.

• Rayeon use the double tap since ever but yeah i agree, thats the stupid choice, it’s a bit like having feint and parry on right click.

• Real talk though, why is double tap even there?

It’s not hurting you so you don’t need to complain ^^

This is “I love having full control over myself” VS "oops I accidentally d-tapped, oops I did it ag- OOPS IT KEEPS HAP

There is an option to make it so that you don’t ever double tap dodge, and also Lakritz used double tapping dodge religiously, and I would claim he was one of best MaA.

The fact you want them to remove an option is ridiculous ^^

• @Sirbarthelemy:

thats the stupid choice, it’s a bit like having feint and parry on right click.

Uh, why is that bad? I can go from windup to parry in one click. I offensively feint with Q though.

• Uh, why is that bad? I can go from windup to parry in one click. I offensively feint with Q though.

If you’re double right click for feint to parry it’s just impossible to match the same speed as using Q for feint and right click for parry, the sync is simply better and faster with the feint with Q, not the same button, not the same hand, i use feint and parry on right click myself but it’s the bad choice lol, maybe it was more obvious when cftp and insta ftp was still in the game.

• Can’t seem to get it to stick. The game does something behind the scenes, changing it back to default ‘false’ value. Not sure what It is, but I can set it, go in game… have it work a few times, then it will suddenly stop.

Opening up the ini again will reveal the values have been reset.

I did file in read only, but even then it seemed that even if the values didn’t get reverted back to false, they still broke in game.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

edit: I found what the issue appears to be… If one goes to the input settings, and apparently the graphics settings (basically anything with values) the game resets the dodge to off.

• @Turtwiggy:

It’s not hurting you so you don’t need to complain ^^

It’s existence is hurting everyone this patch

• I… I use double tap. I’m also a decent player.

• @Kimiko:

@BB:

You are joking… right?

• it turned False again for me for whatever reason
    not hurting anyone my ass

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Rayeon use the double tap

No way :o

• @Sirbarthelemy:

If you’re double right click for feint to parry it’s just impossible to match the same speed as using Q for feint and right click for parry, the sync is simply better and faster with the feint with Q, not the same button, not the same hand, i use feint and parry on right click myself but it’s the bad choice lol, maybe it was more obvious when cftp and insta ftp was still in the game.

Jesus, use a full stop once in a while. :P
    Now I will teach you something else than punctuation. ;)

Open your UDKGame.ini (for Medieval Warfare) located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config

Search for the line that starts with this:

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton"

And make sure that in the command section GBA_MeleeFeint comes before GBA_Parry:

Command="GBA_MeleeFeint | GBA_Parry | GBA_Aim"

My complete line looks like this (but it misses the spectator function I think):

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_MeleeFeint | GBA_Parry | GBA_Aim",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

Now you can feint-to-parry during windup with one single click on the right mouse button. Same goes for Deadliest Warrior. There it’s the CDWGame.ini in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta\CDWGame\Config