Hit trades dumb the game down by a LOT.

• Pick a tanky type of character. Hit trade. Because it’s really easy to do. This encourages spammy behavior and dumbs the game down by a bit. Not talking as a victim, I’m talking as someone who finds knight/samurai to be the most effective. Pirates have guns, no need to hit trade.

EDIT: I will also add that this makes ninjas gimpy.
    Also, out of principle I’m going to add that pirates was the stupidest I’ve ever seen in a game like this.

• Noob Problems: The Thread

In case I’m being subtle, “tanking” and “hit trading” are only a problem for bad players
    Ninja’s whole deal is being evasive, if you can’t do it, get better, or don’t
    The other classes are also open to play

• Beta. Flinch not working properly. give it time.

• @Hitom:

Beta. Flinch not working properly. give it time.

Yes it is, who keeps saying it’s not? And how is it not?

• It works fine. You get hit in windup you get flinched.

• I’ve personally given up trying to fix DW. What it’s trying to be is simply a bad idea. I mean the goal of DW is sort of being met here; this is how its supposed to be. So if you don’t like it, it’s likely you just don’t like the ultra fast paced direction DW is trying to go. I prefer Chivalry’s combat any day over this. Problem is I’ve got nearly a thousand hours in that game so I’m not overly amused by it any more. Though DW’s charm is starting to ware off for me. I can’t really stand the lack of autobalance and general lag any more either. I suggest waiting until TBS gets their head on straight (ETA: never) before taking this seriously.

Though I do agree with the OP; hit trading is constant when you’re not in total control of the situation. I’m not sure how much can be attributed to the general speed up of all weapons or the new damage tracer system that arbitrarily punishes you with a no flinch+dmg reduction penalty for hitting “too soon” as if you can directly control how close someone is to you, but it’s definitely happening way too much.

• What kind of Viking/Ninja/Pirate is going to single-strike you and allow you to hit-trade, OP? Combos all day err’ day.

Also, flinch is working as how it’s intended. You flinch before windup. You do not flinch after release (unlike Medieval Warfare.)

• Its just a different game, a bad one at that.
    At most its good for is a bit of dumb fun when you’re really bored.

• people need to lose stamina on landing hits, is all. Your reward for successfully landing a hit is hurting the enemy, and maybe interrupting their swing. that’s more than enough, you don’t need to get the stamina back too

• @Nanako:

people need to lose stamina on landing hits, is all. Your reward for successfully landing a hit is hurting the enemy, and maybe interrupting their swing. that’s more than enough, you don’t need to get the stamina back too

This would make comboing even less effective than it already is and you would run out of stamina extremely fast.
    This doesn’t even address the issue that the OP brings up either.

• @Alyx:

@Nanako:

people need to lose stamina on landing hits, is all. Your reward for successfully landing a hit is hurting the enemy, and maybe interrupting their swing. that’s more than enough, you don’t need to get the stamina back too

This would make comboing even less effective than it already is and you would run out of stamina extremely fast.
    This doesn’t even address the issue that the OP brings up either.

Do it and increase stamina by 600%?

• @Skreshavik:

What kind of Viking/Ninja/Pirate is going to single-strike you and allow you to hit-trade, OP? Combos all day err’ day.

Uhhh… one that wants to kill you? Point is, classes like the viking which are meatier than ninja/pirate, have fast weapons like the norse sword. You start attacking a ninja coming at you, he starts winding up, bam! Hit trade. Viking is winning because he can take it, ninja can’t. Hit trading is even easier with shit like the viking.

• This game really is “LMB Hit-Trade Warfare”, it feels. At least on servers with a decent amount of people and above. I only continue playing this because I can be a Spartan. I’m not so much for the other classes, I really wanted to like the viking but his playstyle (lash out attacks as fast as you can and hope no one blocks you) just ain’t my style.

• true, much more hit trading going on here reducing the game to who has more health than skill.
    i guess its because the animations have been speed up and the windup phase is much shorter…
    thats what makes ninjas in particular weak, even if being a good player and hitting first.

• I enjoyed the game a lot for quite some time (maps, gamemodes and funny moments). But now I went back to CMW, the combat is soooo much better, it’s a shame :?

• @SavageBeatings:

This game really is “LMB Hit-Trade Warfare”, it feels. At least on servers with a decent amount of people and above. I only continue playing this because I can be a Spartan. I’m not so much for the other classes, I really wanted to like the viking but his playstyle (lash out attacks as fast as you can and hope no one blocks you) just ain’t my style.

^ This entirely. I have no problem killing LMB spammers, I just feel bad for the classes without a shield.

And of course here comes the 13 year old forum warrior to call someone bad. I wonder how many of BB’s posts are dedicated to calling others bad. Would love to see him fight in game?