Ninja Speed

• Ninja is the lightest class in the game yet they are just as fast as a knight or a samurai. I think the ninja should be able to outrun everyone. There speed should be like 20-30% faster than everything else. The Ninja has less armor and worse damage than any other class. I dont think speed is much to ask for. This game is realistic but i want it to be a simulation. Ninjas are fast not slow.

• Agreed. Ninja should also jump higher to reach places on the map designed for ambushing sort of like on Bamboo, but anyone can get up there easily. Ninja should be able to engage a fight for a short time and make an escape if overwhelmed. Right now, you just have to go all in and die in two or one shots while other classes trade blows.

• Sure lets make a balanced class imbalanced. While we’re at it, can the Spartans get an ability to stun people for 3 seconds? Because it only makes sense.

Seriously, the Ninja are a well rounded class if played correctly. If you increase the speed further they will just LMB spam you down as all of your swings miss from dodges. I strongly disagree with this.

• Ninjas should instakill from behind, ninjas should also have unblockable attacks, ninjas should also be able to turn invisible, actually scratch that, just make them invisible ALL THE TIME

Wohoo

• Do you want another maa?

shit.

• Ninja & Pirate: 258 - 348
    Viking & Spartan: 246 - 344
    Samurai: 234 - 339
    Knight: 221 - 321

Those were the (walking - running) speeds before the patch, didn’t test if they changed anything. But before they make bigger gaps they should fix the chase mechanic.

• I agree with OP, except for the values.

• ninja should move 5~10% faster then they do now (not 30%)
    • ninja should jump ±25% higher (because they are super agile and wear cloth)
    • Ninja should have backstab bonus to reward sneakyness

Let me repeat the last one since I feel it’s a must;

• @ThePlanetAstro:

This game is realistic

I think the walking/sprinting top speed values are fine.
    Perhaps the walking -> full sprint acceleration could be increased a bit.
    The Ninja already have the roll gimmick, they don’t need to be Japanese Usain Bolt.

@frontliner2:

While that sounds fine in theory, in practice it wouldn’t be really rewarding sneaking but instead just give even more incentive to constantly strafe around trying to slash the opponent’s back.
    I’m not for it.

• The ninjas should also have the kusarigama, and maybe something like poison darts.

• more ninja speed seems good to me

• Fully agreed OP! I support this!

• I agree that the Ninja needs more speed to make up for their lack of reach, HP, and damage. Currently as fvonb has shown the speed between the classes is (in theory) different, but in practice it’s almost negligable.:
    @fvonb:

Ninja & Pirate: 258 - 348
    Viking & Spartan: 246 - 344
    Samurai: 234 - 339
    Knight: 221 - 321

The Ninja should be able to easily outrun the other classes (save Pirate I guess) when sprinting, and they should have a noticeable spring to their step when fighting in CQC. Why? Well frankly because one well placed shot from many weapons can kill them. The roll is currently cool, but not really all that great and Ninja weapons are low damage and low reach meaning we HAVE to facehug you to deal damage. At that range everyone is pretty much moving the same speed giving the Ninja an (I guess IMO) unfair disadvantage against the heavier and tougher classes.

@Khyy:

Sure lets make a balanced class imbalanced. While we’re at it, can the Spartans get an ability to stun people for 3 seconds? Because it only makes sense.

Seriously, the Ninja are a well rounded class if played correctly. If you increase the speed further they will just LMB spam you down as all of your swings miss from dodges. I strongly disagree with this.

Have to disagree with you on this, the Ninja is “balanced” per say in the fact that one talented player can do well if they put work into it, however if the same player or any player put the same effort into any of the other classes they’d do much better than with Ninja.

Just for example, the other morning I was running as Ninja for a few hours until I was forced to choose between Spartan or Samurai, I chose Samurai and then proceeded to get second place in the round. That’s coming from me who plays Ninja almost exclusively and usually only ranks about midway.

No one is saying make the class easier to play, but if TBS wants to make a skirmishing ambush class they shouldn’t be afraid to make them fast and agile. A skirmisher that isn’t agile is just a ridiculously flimsy fighter who stumbles into battle for MAYBE one alpha strike and then most likely dies in one shot.

Hope that clarifies my position,
    -Quiiliitiila

• @Alyx:

@frontliner2:

While that sounds fine in theory, in practice it wouldn’t be really rewarding sneaking but instead just give even more incentive to constantly strafe around trying to slash the opponent’s back.
    I’m not for it.

Agreed. I don’t think there needs to be a mechanical bonus for ninja. If ninja can already learn to work opponents sight lines, and stab their backs & successfully kill the target, that’s the reward in itself.

And yeah, the strafing + teaming up of ninja vs 1 target would make an already difficult situation even more difficult.
    Ninja need changes in ways of utility, to their tools, not so much damage output.

Malev

• I was even trying the “Training” to able to practice with the ninja class and i can’t get further than 4th round when there is a bunch of AI coming towards me at the hall. There is no such way a ninja can handle all of them. And imagine that in a multi teamdeathmatch with real players. For now the ninja is only good at fighting with 1 enemy. And yes they are really weak in overall.
    Ninja just needs a good buff when the full game is coming.

Another great example, I was playing on a duel server and i was a ninja, i took one of those spartan guys to challenge. And when it begins, i couldn’t even kill him! There was no way i can take him out with the Bo staff! He had a shield so i couldn’t do anything then hitting him. And i didn’t used ninja rolls because they are broken. I do still try to roll alot when i encounter an enemy coming towards me but it’s ridiculous when he stabs me to death while i perform a roll backwards.

So i fully support the speed buff, roll buff, metsubishi buff etc.