Just a thought/idea about classes

• I was wondering if there will be a class (or weapon combination) that would possibly have a bigger array of techniques and more freedom in movement than ever before.
    While the AoC archer was fast, I am talking about something leather armored, equipped with tools to climb, run and possibly lay traps.
    That aside, it would be fun to ambush people while hanging on a tree, or for that matter, to use a parrying blade - or even just somehow disarm opponents. While I understand that giving up heavier armor for speed and flexibility is not often seen in this game, I’d surely enjoy it (as long as they wear a bit of plate on their heart :P).

• I disagree. If I understand it correctly, the setting for Chivalry will generally be a battle situation. An assassin class doesn’t fit that setting, because they are useless in battles. Also, there’s no reason not to wear the very best armour you can afford in a battle, as it’s really not half as cumbersome as some seem to think (you can still perfectly sprint, jump, get up from the ground or even swim in plate armour, if you’re fit enough, see the video’s at the bottom). The whole idea of having such a class is really too fantasy-esque to my tastes.

That, and it would also somewhat compromise the focus on melee combat of this game, only for a massively irrelevant sneaking class. It would be worth it if it would really add something to the game, but generally these sneaking classes are really only changing the gameplay in a positive way for the players who play that class, while being a horrible nuisance to every other player. So they wouldn’t add anything to gameplay, apart from an extra, futile frustration.

WMuNXWFPewg
    xm11yAXeegg
    0kKLgSTkCEo

• Nice video material! I see where you are going, and 80 pounds is not that heavy afterall. I never had the luck to wear a full armor set in real life, although I’m fit myself and excersise daily - I wasn’t sure if the soldiers of AoC (or Chivalry) are supposed to be well-trained individuals or not: then again, this is an imaginary world.

Edit: Now that I watched some videos, though, I also hope to see melee combat go beyond simple attacking, parrying and blocking. Those techniques I saw are amazing.

• @Savci:

Nice video material! I see where you are going, and 80 pounds is not that heavy afterall. I never had the luck to wear a full armor set in real life, although I’m fit myself and excersise daily - I wasn’t sure if the soldiers of AoC (or Chivalry) are supposed to be well-trained individuals or not: then again, this is an imaginary world.

Edit: Now that I watched some videos, though, I also hope to see melee combat go beyond simple attacking, parrying and blocking. Those techniques I saw are amazing.

You’re right there, I don’t think anyone can say with certainty what the average level of fitness was in a medieval army. I guess the average medieval person would have been fitter than the average modern person, but medieval soldiers were probably less fit than modern soldiers. I think.

Anyway, I’d estimate knights would have been as fit as anyone, and quite capable of moving and fighting in armour without too much encumbrance.

• I agree 100% with TheNarrator. And that videos are very nice indeed.

And yea I facepalm everytime I hear people on forums saying that “you’re wearing heavy armor dude you cant move alot”.

if people couldnt move by wearing it, they wouldnt wear it…

• so true, but even I didn’t know you could be THAT manueverable in armor. Also it’s interesting that full armored knights are half as heavy as fully equipped modern soldiers.