Total Biscuit's Deadliest Warrior Video

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1wYb1gbIGc

It seems to me like he doesn’t know much what he’s talking about. Sort of unfortunate since he has a lot of subs and could potentially dissuade a lot of people from buying the game.

• yep, true true. i already noticed it as well when it came out. shame on him. funny he has been raging about his one video that got deleted, if tbs wanted that video deleted i would approve it lul

• Because totalbiscuit opinion is law to some people. That’s the problem.

• @lemonater47:

Because totalbiscuit opinion is law to some people. That’s the problem.

Well that’s the case with a lot of popular youtubers. Honestly though, TB has done a lot of minor things that make me dislike him, I still do enjoy his videos though (in particular Lord of the Arena)

• I like his videos but I never go by his opinion. I don’t go by anyone else’s opinion.

• I think most if not all of his criticisms are very valid.

• @Alyx:

I think most if not all of his criticisms are very valid.

This, what do you guys mean that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

• Well firstly, he was complaining how bad LTS is, when a lot of people actually really like that gamemode. The reason he didn’t like it is obviously because he is so bad at the game and dies at the start of every match. He also strongly criticized FFA, when there’s nothing wrong with it. Quote “Multi Team deathmatch is the only gamemode that is the slightest bit interesting”. “The game modes are all dreadful”

He called the blunderbuss a ‘musket’, and though it shot a single shot.

He called the game 'horribly spamy nonsense" and “a mess”.

I don’t know why you think those criticisms are valid.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I think a lot of people here feel some sort of obligation to defend the game’s flaws to prevent the feeling of buyer’s remorse.

@wyrda78:

Well firstly, he was complaining how bad LTS is, when a lot of people actually really like that gamemode. The reason he didn’t like it is obviously because he is so bad at the game and dies at the start of every match. He also strongly criticized FFA, when there’s nothing wrong with it. Quote “Multi Team deathmatch is the only gamemode that is the slightest bit interesting”. “The game modes are all dreadful”

Those are the opinons of the average player.
    LTS is pretty dreadful right now, not because of how the game mode functions but because of the playerbase. Most do not understand how to use teamwork effectively or even hold their own in combat which is to be expected of newer players. So what happens is veteran C:MW players stomp all the newer players and it isn’t fun for anybody.

FFA is in fact a clusterfuck of nonsense which is to be expected, it is just an opinon on whether or not you like that sort of thing.

@wyrda78:

He called the blunderbuss a ‘musket’, and though it shot a single shot.

This is the fault of the game’s UI not explaining what the weapon does.
    Of course this is a symptom of it being a beta.

@wyrda78:

He called the game 'horribly spamy nonsense" and “a mess”.

With the game speed increased the newer or casual audience are even more incompetent at parrying, footwork and the like. The obvious path of least resistance to get kills is to spam attacks and hope you come out on top. This game encourages sloppy, spammy play I can’t see how you can refute that.
    This doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the most effecient way to play the game but it does work on the majority of players so far.

• i agree with some things tb said

like that the combat is “horribly spammy nonsense”

dont like that he says LTS is bad cause he sucks at the game

• @Alyx:

@rumpelstiltskin:

I think a lot of people here feel some sort of obligation to defend the game’s flaws to prevent the feeling of buyer’s remorse.

Now you’re just being a flat out jerk. I don’t feel and “buyer’s remorse” because I LIKE THE GAME. And there are few problems with it that will still be there in the full version.

• I can’t watch this right now but I can imagine TB not liking Deadliest Warrior. For a start it’s in beta (and I hope he emphasized that point, which he usually does). But it sounds like most of his criticism isn’t that far off.

LTS is pretty bad right now (although I haven’t played since the patch, so if they fixed this sue me). You quite often spawn next to enemies and there is no team balance. It’s not such a problem in 2 team LTS, but in 6 team LTS this problem is amplified.

And the combat can be pretty spammy because fights are a lot faster, more hectic and you deal less damage unless you’re very precise so everyone is just trying to deal as much damage as possible.

1v1s are still pretty solid though, it’s just in team fights.

• Total biscuit can have an opinion. The queen can have a bloody opinion.

Someone else’s opinion should not effect your opinion of the game. I agree with some things and disagree with other things he said. No need to have an argument over it. An opinion can’t be wrong or right.

Totalbiscui’ts opinion is that of more or less a new player. I highly doubt given his job he plays much of any game. So his opinion is that of a new player who has played a variety of other similar games and once played chivalry medieval warfare long ago.

Another words not many people would have the same experiences he had.

Still if you remember one of his other videos. He prefers chivalry medieval warfare over war of the roses. And deadliest warrior is not that different.

Totalbiscuit isn’t stupid. He may do another deadliest warrior video after the game is officially released. Doing a review on the first version of the beta isn’t exactly a great idea for a reviewer.

• Mostly quite valid criticism even though I don’t quite agree with his opinion of Last Team Standing being an overall bad game mode. I really liked it in Chiv:MW. Currently it is much worse due to the too big maps, no team balance and too random spawning, although I do expect at least some of those problems to get fixed soon enough.

Team Objective would be a great thing to have. I really wonder why isn’t it included yet. If it is budgeting issues I’d much rather have left FFA and TDM out than TO. Can’t imagine why it would be story issues either. This is already a fantasy game so a fantasy story would be perfect. Maybe a wizard/alien/whatever pulls out warriors from different periods and areas of Earth’s history and makes them fight each other in different scenarios.

As for his other criticisms… Torn Banner certainly made the game less enjoyable for me by making the combat quicker/more fast-paced. It can still be fun but it’s a bit too fast now.

I’ve definitely had some fun with the alpha/beta/whatever it currently is but it needs a lot of improvements to last.

• I actually agree with Tb on the following;

• This game NEEDS Team Objective mode, else there will be no logevity.
    • Game feels spammy
    • Deathmatch and LTS aren’t enough

• @frontliner2:

I actually agree with Tb on the following;

• This game NEEDS Team Objective mode, else there will be no logevity.
    • Game feels spammy
    • Deathmatch and LTS aren’t enough

Well good news for you there’s at least 2 games modes possibly 3 coming at or before release. And there’s the possibility of them making more game modes after release.

You can tell in the video that TB didn’t actually play this game that much prior to this video.

• I don’t know who this guy is, but he’s really bad at chiv

• @lemonater47:

Total biscuit can have an opinion. The queen can have a bloody opinion.

Someone else’s opinion should not effect your opinion of the game. I agree with some things and disagree with other things he said. No need to have an argument over it. An opinion can’t be wrong or right.

Totalbiscui’ts opinion is that of more or less a new player. I highly doubt given his job he plays much of any game. So his opinion is that of a new player who has played a variety of other similar games and once played chivalry medieval warfare long ago.

Another words not many people would have the same experiences he had.

Still if you remember one of his other videos. He prefers chivalry medieval warfare over war of the roses. And deadliest warrior is not that different.

Totalbiscuit isn’t stupid. He may do another deadliest warrior video after the game is officially released. Doing a review on the first version of the beta isn’t exactly a great idea for a reviewer.

I pretty much agree.
    My point was that TB’s opinion in the video was that of a new player; he was misinformed on some things, and because he’s not good at the game that negatively influenced his own opinion of the game. Some of the individual points he stated in the video can be debated, but in the end his review of the Beta was largely negative. I like Deadliest Warrior, and I may be wrong, but I think that the majority of the Chivalry community like it as well. So my problem with his video is that his opinion inferred in the video, that the beta is bad (and I think most experienced Chiv players disagree with) is influencing all the hundreds of thousands of people who watch the video who don’t know any better. I saw things in the comments like ‘oh well I’m not going to buy Deadliest Warrior then’.

• @wyrda78:

So my problem with his video is that his opinion inferred in the video, that the beta is bad (and I think most experienced Chiv players disagree with) is influencing all the hundreds of thousands of people who watch the video who don’t know any better. I saw things in the comments like ‘oh well I’m not going to buy Deadliest Warrior then’.

Of course a lot of current/remaining Chiv players disagree with it. They’re already playing the game. If they didn’t like it they’d be long gone like everyone else.

Of course it’s opinion and his opinion will not be the same as others, but I think he did a good job of making his main complaints clear and well-reasoned. The main points are: no TO (only deathmatch style game-modes atm) and more spammy/floaty combat. Both these points are pretty much spot on with my impressions of the game too, and are the main reasons why I personally haven’t bought it.

Everything in the video provided important information to a potential buyer. Right now the game (that can be purchased as is, remember) is a mess. It doesn’t really matter if after a load of experience it can be fun to roll on noobs, I’m certain many other new players would be turned off by what the game has to offer right now.

Also, the fact that he’s fucking terrible is almost entirely irrelevant to the points he made in the video. Yes, LTS is more fun if you can stay alive but it has significant problems, and saying that it doesn’t is simply mis-leading. You also don’t have to be bad at the game to think LTS, TDM, or any other purely deathmatch based game-mode is awful either, and in fact many of the best players I know will agree with that.

• I agree with a lot of what he said. Free for all has always been a mess of mostly spammy nature and where new players tend to gather because they like that sort of thing. On the other hand better players use it to learn how to take on groups and survivability. That is just sort of a choice of whether you like that sort of thing or not so wouldn’t get on that too much, it’s up to ones own opinion there.

Not having TO game mode does suck for longevity, and as he said it unifies teams together and focuses on fighitng as a group toward one objective. LTS can suck because half the time people DO go off on their own, there’s also the issue in LTS of no team balance, so one team could have 4-5 or more extra players if they wanted to. There’s also the issue that people remain in the spawn while everyone else fights, making your team outnumbered. Sometimes on knight vs viking people always trolll by lifting the platform, some die in the platform, others take fall damage, and some fall in the water… plus as a new guy it would suck getting owned in the beginning and having to wait to play again.

The combat right now IS totally spammy and floaty, the increased speed definitely is part of it and the new tracer and “sweet spot” systems are the main issues at why it’s so spammy. For a new player, they probably can’t even hit overheads well because of the following/foot speed… so mashing lmb to have the most area of effect is the best answer… and running into groups and slashing about. This also causes a lot of issue with team damage being absurd right now.

He also commented on the guns being pretty much unavoidable right now, but i woud say he was terrible at shooting the blunder which is like the easiest one to get hits with.

So, the game right now is 15 bucks, it’s worth some fun and laughs but right now it wouldn’t have the longevity of the original game… and a lot of players i know are still playiing medieval warfare because of it… the TO maps certainly just don’t get old. I could see myself buying this game if TO comes into the game, but i couldn’t imagine it would have the longevity that MW had for me and still continues to have in the current state of the game… the lack of TO and even some other game modes really does ruin it and i do hope this gets added. SDK will certainly help as well.