Some Classes needs some love.

• Vikings

I think the vikings are the most bland at the moment.
    They are really a one trick pony in my oppinion. The dual wielding if you are good with it, is probably the best melee fighting style. It just seems like that the viking weapons are all kinda the same, and throwing them away doesn’t really show how awesome weapons they are.

Insted of making all the viking weapons throwable, why not give them a Self-bow or hunting bow for range.
    Unlike the Yumi, it can be slow to load, which is fine I think. And rather than throwing the shield (which makes just about no sense) make their special ability could be to stab with the while holding the shield at an incrased stamina cost. Would make sense. And encourage teamwork :)

Spartans

I actually like most points of the spartan, but I also think they deserve a ranged weapon, since the sling is already in chivalry and it being a trademark weapon of the greeks that deffinately isn’t too powerful, why not let the spartans have some slings?

Pirates

Pirates animation is awful. I get it, it’s the Johnny Depp walk. But honestly the joke wears off after a while, and seeing a bunch of pirates walk like that is so silly. Please just make the animation not rediculus.

The guns are also a bit the same. I don’t feel that much difference with the blunder and pistol. I think the guns should be a proper musket for long range, no moving while reload, highest damage. Blunder buss medium range, kinda like a spreading shot, medium reload time high damage, pistols fastest reload time but somewhat inaccurate, possible have 2 of them?

Anyone agree with any of this, or think that Samurai, Knights or Ninjas need something?

• I don’t agree with most of your points.

• vikings are great since the patch

• @wyrda78:

I don’t agree with most of your points.

Why not? And which ones do you actually agree with then?

• @KittyKitsune:

@wyrda78:

I don’t agree with most of your points.

Why not? And which ones do you actually agree with then?

None of them.

• Oh god please don’t add a sniper to the game.

• None of the classes need an added gimmick right now TBS can hardly handle balance as is.
    As for the classes feeling lackluster that’s more of a symptom of a fundemental design flaw with some of them namely, Pirates and Ninjas.

• I don’t see why it would be bad to add the sling to the spartans for example. It’s a sensible thing for them to have, and it’s not like they have a ton of weapons already.

• @El:

Oh god please don’t add a sniper to the game.

Already it is called the pirate. The pistol is fantastic if you know how to use it, you can hit people across the map with it. What I am suggesting is that being a sniper should be more difficult which it would be, if you could’n move and reload and the reload time was greater with a rifle, compared to a super accurate pistol. What did you not get?

• I think the Ninja needs love more than your listed classes. All the classes have some decent tricks save the Ninja, whose two tricks (glass egg and smoke bomb) are really sub par. The only ranged attack we have is fairly short range and can be pretty difficult to get the hang of.

The roll is gimped and really needs some love to be effective. Our weapons are low damage and short range and to top it off they are not that fast. When I say not that fast, I mean they are “technically” faster than some other weapons but it’s really only a mater of tenths of seconds faster. Not fast enough for such small and low damage toothpicks.

Speaking of speed, the Ninjas (and Pirates) should be noticeably faster than their beefier counterparts, but they’re not. Everyone moves at just about the same speed, the differences being so small as to not matter.

Their health is ok, but they really don’t have that much to make up for it. Short, low damage weapons, no speed advantage and gimped tricks. Add all this up and you have a class that is fun to play, but require A LOT more effort to do “ok”. If you put the same effort in with any other class that you put into Ninja in order to be “ok” you’ll do fantastically.

Yup, just my two cents
    -Quiiliitiila

• @KittyKitsune:

Vikings

I think the vikings are the most bland at the moment.
    They are really a one trick pony in my oppinion. The dual wielding if you are good with it, is probably the best melee fighting style. It just seems like that the viking weapons are all kinda the same, and throwing them away doesn’t really show how awesome weapons they are.

Insted of making all the viking weapons throwable, why not give them a Self-bow or hunting bow for range.
    Unlike the Yumi, it can be slow to load, which is fine I think. And rather than throwing the shield (which makes just about no sense) make their special ability could be to stab with the while holding the shield at an incrased stamina cost. Would make sense. And encourage teamwork :)

What? Vikings are frisbee throwing murder machines thanks to the patch. My favorite class at the moment.
    @KittyKitsune:

Spartans

I actually like most points of the spartan, but I also think they deserve a ranged weapon, since the sling is already in chivalry and it being a trademark weapon of the greeks that deffinately isn’t too powerful, why not let the spartans have some slings?

They have a ranged weapon. They chuck spears for lots of damage. Yknow, like a Spartan.

@KittyKitsune:

Pirates

Pirates animation is awful. I get it, it’s the Johnny Depp walk. But honestly the joke wears off after a while, and seeing a bunch of pirates walk like that is so silly. Please just make the animation not rediculus.

The guns are also a bit the same. I don’t feel that much difference with the blunder and pistol. I think the guns should be a proper musket for long range, no moving while reload, highest damage. Blunder buss medium range, kinda like a spreading shot, medium reload time high damage, pistols fastest reload time but somewhat inaccurate, possible have 2 of them?

If anything, guns should be removed from the game. Bullet travel feels like a hitscan. With the blunderbuss, you hardly have to aim. This is easily the stupidest idea ever seen in a game where the focus is melee combat - guns. A small group of pirates shooting one after the other, their projectiles impossible to block? Hmmm. Being “somewhat inaccurate” is a good idea. It should be more inaccurate.

Ultimately, this is a balancing nightmare.

@KittyKitsune:

Anyone agree with any of this, or think that Samurai, Knights or Ninjas need something?

Ninjas need lots of things. More gadgets or buffs to what they have already (smoke bomb is worthless). More movement speed maybe. The roll has it’s place but it could be faster in execution.

• @omg87

Vikings are indeed, like i said, they are easy to play, but don’t you think that makes no sense at all. When I think deadly warriors, i don’t think of vikings throwing shields, what a novel idea but it’s silly.

The Spartan short ranged weapon, is very powerful, the sling still makes sense, and it would take minimal effort to implement, and it would give them a chance to annoy pirates at long range. It honestly does make sense.

I agree with everything you said about pirates, I still think my idea would fix that a lot, Pirates are very good at long range, I don’t know if you ever played BG2 mod, the mod has muskets, in the mod the Flintlocks have a reload time of 12 seconds i think. It makes people save their shots and yes it will be powerful, but if you miss you’re dead. The long range slow reloaded musket is the true skirmisher weapon, not pistols. Pistols and blunderbusses should be less accurate.

As for the Ninjas, I think that they need a ranged weapon, possible a Chinese Repeating crossbow.
    I know historically the ninja also used a kinda of a sling crossbow, to throw small grenades or other gadgets.

• nope.

• More love to pirates? No. Not until they actually bring in accuracy to effect. Those guns have zero drop basically and they even have a shotgun!

Who’s bright idea was it to bring a shotgun into a melee based game? Not only that but making it go through a shield??

• @KittyKitsune:

Spartans

I agree with this. Although I don’t like using the sling in C:MW, I do think the Spartans should have the right to use one, in conjunction with a shield. Even if greeks seemed to favor heavy infantry, they had mercenaries and such for the lighter roles like the javelin-throwing peltasts, and slingers could also be used in long range.

Speaking of peltast, I think that if you pick the weapon choice of javelin, you should get a smaller shield, like the one you get with the Sarissa. Or an actal new shield, the crescent-shaped one the peltast are named after. But I’d settle with the small one we got already. Oh, and TBS, add our spare javelins visably into our shield hand!