Pubs need cleanning !

• Amazed

It just amazes me how so many players can callvote if they get accidently hit by a team mate.
    The team damage of 5% to 10% and yet quite happily put up with exploiting vans running about looking at floors and
    with kill / death ratio’s of 12 to 1.

These vans have been op from day one tbh but when combined with out right exploiters are very anoying.
    Of late in the pubbs I have seen way to many plus Man at arms just running about hitting anybody and sprinting away.
    not to mention actually firebombing team members and spamming constant chat of maa.
    running about looking at sky or floors. defo an increase of this class face hugging with spamm of late
    and in numbers.

archers shooting team mates in base at spawn and some not even coming out of spawn area’s but sniping enemies
    through the game. Doing away with arrows and just heading into enemies spamming that tiny knife.

Also I have seen way to many ranks over 40 lately and often are infact such vans as I mentioned prior.
    when you see an exploiter of any class leading map after map just consider callvote kicking them then
    actually trying to kick geniune players who might have accidently hit you (unless killed)
    These pubs need to be cleaned up of such players and common sense used by players and esp admins who
    tend to just not notice the exploiters with utterly obvious kill death ratio’s ( just spec them to see ).

sbt any typos

• @loin:

These vans have been op from day one tbh but when combined with out right exploiters are very anoying.

@loin:

op

@loin:

exploiters

• I think when they start a votekick, it should count the amount of Teamkills, the percentage thing can be annoying somethines.
    For example: I start a game, none of us have kills, we get in a small skirmish, I do a stab, then one of my teammates run in front of me, and I kill him, then, he does a votekick on me, and it says 100% Teamkilling since I haven’t killed anyone else, then I get kicked, if there were a number, it would have just written 1 teamkill.

• They need more admins, a report system and a revised punishment system. With timed temp bans being dished out.

Threat of being banned really does make people more or less play nice. Without those votekicks going.

And there are no exploiters. People who run around looking at the ground are no harder to block the. Other normal people. As you can see it coming and its at a consistent speed. What’s harder is people who delay or accelerate their attacks. Making them faster or slower mid swing. They aren exploiters either.

There are no exploiters you my friend just gotta work on ways to beat them.

You need to realise these guys aren’t exploiters as you might find yourself banned for votekick abuse trying to kick these “exploiters”. You would on the servers I play on. Kicking someone who is better than you is against pretty much server rules on all servers. If you refuse to learn how to beat them that is your problem. Don’t make it their problem.

Most importantly torn banner needs proper admin support. Then maybe people would actually want to be admins and not have to deal with silly little problems all the time.

• Well get off your bum and clean them then.

Minimum wage to clean these pubs.

• exploits.
    i look down occasionally, as part of my pathetic yet somewhat humorous attempt at getting kills, and make it part of my repertoire, along with mouse drags, :o , look-up overheads, :o , and lmb swings and flick of the mouse… :o … so , i guess that is exploiting?

hasnt this exploit idea been discussed elsewhere, ad nauseum?

• I think the vote kick system works really well in this game. The amount of times I’ve seen someone get a votekick against them succeed that I thought didn’t deserve to be kicked is very minimal. Coupled with only being kicked for about 10 minutes and only from a single server, it isn’t even so much of an issue if someone does get kicked, they can immediately join another server.

• @loin:

Amazed

It just amazes me how so many players can callvote if they get accidently hit by a team mate.
    The team damage of 5% to 10% and yet quite happily put up with exploiting vans running about looking at floors and
    with kill / death ratio’s of 12 to 1.

Of late in the pubbs I have seen way to many plus Man at arms just running about hitting anybody and sprinting away.
    not to mention actually firebombing team members and spamming constant chat of maa.
    running about looking at sky or floors. defo an increase of this class face hugging with spamm of late
    and in numbers.

archers shooting team mates in base at spawn and some not even coming out of spawn area’s but sniping enemies
    through the game. Doing away with arrows and just heading into enemies spamming that tiny knife.

Also I have seen way to many ranks over 40 lately and often are infact such vans as I mentioned prior.
    when you see an exploiter of any class leading map after map just consider callvote kicking them then
    actually trying to kick geniune players who might have accidently hit you (unless killed)
    These pubs need to be cleaned up of such players and common sense used by players and esp admins who
    tend to just not notice the exploiters with utterly obvious kill death ratio’s ( just spec them to see ).

sbt any typos

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22295

"Please do NOT post threads about the following:

Hacks
    Cheats
    Exploits"

But keep up what you’re doing if you don’t want anyone to take you seriously op.

• I guess performing overheads counts as an exploit as well :l

• Mod

@lemonater47:

a report system and a revised punishment system.

Hey Lemon- While this might be good I think we already have a report system. Its the server admin group which you and anyone else can join in on steam and log into the chat of… there is (to my best knowledge) always an admin on there to help you.

I think the aim here is to keep this community together by promoting this communication rather than by driving us apart by having an automated system where you just type into a text box and hold. Some of these recent month’s hackers were spotted and reported by players. I can personally vouch for Skyfall for passing on a few very accurate hacker spotting to the server admins and helped keep the servers clean from hackers.

As for punishment… Ive had no issues from players while administrating.
    If somone complains on an abuse or violation of the server rules you can come in and ask an admin to log and help. Usually it takes just one warning, sometimes it takes a kick but people usually get off their horse, so to speak, afterwards.

So if you have been experience any abuse or violation of the server rules linked above- let us know.
    This include ego vote-wars and bullying in servers.

@Karasu:

@loin:

….

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22295

"Please do NOT post threads about the following:

Hacks
    Cheats
    Exploits"

But keep up what you’re doing if you don’t want anyone to take you seriously op.

Adjusting camera pitch/yaw with your mouse is not considered an exploit.
    Exploits are for example- climbing somewhere you’re not supposed to climb on or using INI configurations to skip certain combat mechanics that are required by default, like wind up or release after attack.

We ask that you don’t post threads about exploits because we would like to minimize their abuse.

• I was thinking more of a request tracker. Where you fill out text fields so enough evidence is there. Its checked everyday by multiple admins so your request is never missed out.

And there’s isn’t always an admin on. Because there are no admins from Australia or New Zealand. And a lot of the troublemakers end up on official servers. Because they are either banned from all 27 GON servers or realise that there is no threat of punishment on official servers.

And people usually do it again after a kick. Kick is a 1 day fix.

• Kick anyone with a 10:1 plus K/DR?

lel

• @lemonater47:

I was thinking more of a request tracker. Where you fill out text fields so enough evidence is there. Its checked everyday by multiple admins so your request is never missed out.

Who is going to follow up on the requests? What evidence are you going to submit? Impractical, unprofitable.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

I was thinking more of a request tracker.

ATM the only required evidence report for immediate action is against hackers. For this Kimiko decided you should mail her personally with the evidence you have gathered. I think this is just as efficient if not more- since you know there is going to be someone checking this email of yours- rather than it possibly sitting there for months.

For anything else, like bullies, trolls, vote-fighters and so on and forth- you have the server admin on. I don’t think the ideal situation is that there would be an admin logged into every server- we are not your babysitters. - That said though- just because there is no admin logged into the official server you’re playing in or that the admin that has that specific world region under their belt is offline does not mean you cant hop over on the server admin group chat and send any of us there a message - I can attest personally to sitting in that chat for hours on end and so do many of the other admins seldom to have anyone log in to ask our help. To my best concern people just like to complain more than they want their issues solved- which is fine really… but I don’t see any need to change the current server administration medium since its very efficient. It is just that you (the players) need to make use of it. It’s not for shows.

And you can rest assured we keep tabs on all the troublesome players- myself especially. Down to the players who are being disrespectful. I have a little ‘black book’ so to speak… with some players on there which are on watch and this information is shared between server admins… both the official ones… AND the non official ones. Not just through the global ban-list.

So really if you have any issues of people violating the rules on the servers… come on and give us a shout. We are there for you.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

I was thinking more of a request tracker. Where you fill out text fields so enough evidence is there. Its checked everyday by multiple admins so your request is never missed out.

Who is going to follow up on the requests? What evidence are you going to submit? Impractical, unprofitable.

Plenty of organizations use this method and it works pretty well, evidence really depends on which game… for CSS/TF2/DODS etc a demo with a status command in it, for chivalry a video with a getplayerinfo command and so on

The people who will follow up on it would be the TB admins/moderators for the official servers

I don’t think it’s impractical at all, has worked so well for us that our list of helpers has grown rather large --> http://games.on.net/forums/memberlist.p … mode=group

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

exploits.
    i look down occasionally, as part of my pathetic yet somewhat humorous attempt at getting kills, and make it part of my repertoire, along with mouse drags, :o , look-up overheads, :o , and lmb swings and flick of the mouse… :o … so , i guess that is exploiting?

hasnt this exploit idea been discussed elsewhere, ad nauseum?

Yes, this exploit is one of the tactics recommended by the tips in the loading screen…