Viking dual-strike

• “Dual-wield combos finish with a devastating double-handed strike.” - TBS
    Except it isn’t very devastating. In fact, it deals whatever damage your right-handed weapon would.

Was this your intention, I wonder? I expected the dual-strike to have some damage bonus. When I started playing as the Viking, I felt a great satisfaction landing one of those hits that can only be achieved by striking 3 times (4 times if you start with alt) in a row. I think it’s a shame there’s no damage bonus for doing this, which is actually quite hard to do.

Also, the tracers in the center of the screen (where I’d expect the attack to deal the most damage) when dual-striking are green.

Well, to sum this up, I just wanted to ask you what you meant by the word “devastating” in your Viking preview. :P

(Yay, another Viking topic)

• Yeah I noticed the dual strike tracers bring green in the center.

Maybe the intended design was to deal full damage to two people standing just to your right and left.

But I somehow doubt it. A fix (if its broken) would be nice

• Sorry for bumping my own thread, but I’d really like to see my question answered.

• The double stab does more damage than a single stab, it’d make sense that a double slash would do more damage as well

• @BB:

The double stab does more damage than a single stab, it’d make sense that a double slash would do more damage as well

Dual strike for swords is like a scissor movement, right?

Even try cutting something with a knife? Then go to scissors? Scissors… so much easier. Them physics.

That scissor strike should do insane damage. It would IRL, but of course you cannot only think of realism when balancing games.

• @Mustaklaki:

@BB:

The double stab does more damage than a single stab, it’d make sense that a double slash would do more damage as well

Dual strike for swords is like a scissor movement, right?

Even try cutting something with a knife? Then go to scissors? Scissors… so much easier. Them physics.

That scissor strike should do insane damage. It would IRL, but of course you cannot only think of realism when balancing games.

Still, seeing as the dual-strike is much harder to trigger and hit than the other strikes, I do believe a damage bonus would be fair.
    As Viking are now, though, it could risk making them a bit OP. I’m not sure.

• I think an adjustment of the tracers would be enough.
    Dual wielding already gives you a faster combo speed it doesn’t need to do excessive damage.

• @Alyx:

I think an adjustment of the tracers would be enough.
    Dual wielding already gives you a faster combo speed it doesn’t need to do excessive damage.

Sly’s words say otherwise
    @SlyGoat:

Yes, it turns out stabbing someone with two swords does more damage. Very astute of you.

• @BB:

Sly’s words say otherwise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MIqTY98dbQ