Good way to keep the new players active

• I finally got my rank 41 to stick after getting sent back to 40 nearly 10 times. Didn’t do anything different, it just worked this time around….definitely doesn’t look good on their part.

• I have all weapons and am too far away from level 50 to actually care (for myself). But weapon unlocks were a huge factor in the beginning for me to come back and play the game until I realized how deep the combat system is.

• I agree on the weapons being a good attractor- it was the case with me too.
    As far for the unlock bug… I’ve recently gained my 47 level in game only to realise it reset the progress by the next round… So I am also disappointed by it haha :D

But this bug is known and going to be fixed with the next patch as far as I was told by anonymous cat sources…

• Hopefully it will be fixed soon, I tried using a fix from the internet, nothing.
    I’m new to this game, and it makes me rage quit everytave time I have to re unlock one of my weapons. I once had to get 40 kills, and was 6 kills away from the Zwiehander, then it all got reset.
    And all this going on while they are making a DLC? This is not looking for them. And, it’s all happening after the free weekend and 75% weekend deal.
    NOT COOL.

• I’m perhaps a bit confused? is the limited dev team working to keep chiv afloat or chiv dw afloat?

• Well weapon unlocks seem to be working now according to those new players After the patch.

• Its reliability seems to vary each patch I don’t think hey are actually changing it at all. Like voice chat.

• That’s funny because base weapons are not so bad … :D

• @User:

…But this bug is known and going to be fixed with the next patch as far as I was told by anonymous cat sources…

heh, I believe we’ve heard that a few times now. That is, not about the cat sources, that’s news to me

• @Bazzyboss:

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, I tried using a fix from the internet, nothing.
    I’m new to this game, and it makes me rage quit everytave time I have to re unlock one of my weapons. I once had to get 40 kills, and was 6 kills away from the Zwiehander, then it all got reset.
    And all this going on while they are making a DLC? This is not looking for them. And, it’s all happening after the free weekend and 75% weekend deal.
    NOT COOL.

well, I wouldn’t focus so much on weapon unlocks. I mean its easy for me to say since I was able to unlock them when that used to work, but the base weapons are fine. Greatsword is a lot of fun for vanguards, and the longsword is great for knights, as well as broadsword, et cetera

• I know, but imagine every single upgraded weapon, removed from the game?
    That is what it is pretty much like.
    Who wants to keep using the same weapons over and over, and knowing that there are people able to use the further in weapons.

• At least the base weapons are good for every class and some of the best players even main using base primaries. Broadsword, Greatsword, Longsword. Well except maybe archer. Base bow is good but I think Warbow is better.

• So yesterday I spent a long time playing Chivalry, unlocked the warbow (required about 50 kills), then the sabre, then the last 2h mace for knights. I log on today, the sabre and 2h mace are unlocked, but the warbow requires an additional 33 kills.

The warbow was the FIRST unlock I unlocked yesterday.

All this was done on an official server.

There were constantly 16+ players.

I stayed in the server all night and never closed the game client.

I edited the .ini file to change “False” to “false”.

I verified game files.

I deleted the game files and re-installed the game.

None of the fixes suggested actually work. This bug NEEDS to be fixed. I was interested in DW when I saw it on steam, but with the support MW has gotten, I’m not buying.

• @dpunk:

At least the base weapons are good for every class and some of the best players even main using base primaries. Broadsword, Greatsword, Longsword. Well except maybe archer. Base bow is good but I think Warbow is better.

Yeah almost every class has really good weapons on the first tier. The exceptions are what? Knight’s axe? Haha. And archer apparently, but I know nothing about that.

This would be incredibly frustrating. You guys with these issues- understand that DW has the same issues and that it’s probably a high priority for the developers to finally solve this issue.

On a very selfish note I’m not at all dismayed I don’t see every level 10 vanguard with a Zweihander anymore. But that’s kind of a dick thing to say, and I’m sorry guys.

• I wasn’t aware this was an issue as unlocked all weapons as soon as I could after release, but wow. TB what in the sam hill are you playing at?

This is a big part of the game, it sure kept me engaged at the start and its clearly been over a month (at least) judging by this topic length.

Less sticky posts about fun now being utterly banned from official servers, more fixing your broken heap of a game. Please.

• @EnduranceMan:

So yesterday I spent a long time playing Chivalry, unlocked the warbow (required about 50 kills), then the sabre, then the last 2h mace for knights. I log on today, the sabre and 2h mace are unlocked, but the warbow requires an additional 33 kills.

There was a patch that came out on the 21st, the day after you had unlocked those things that should have now fixed those issues. So if you can verify that they are indeed unlocking, please let me know.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24848