Please get rid of this silly 6-team thing

• it seems like half the maps in the game force you to play with six different teams. this results in massive fragmentation of the players, and is basically no different to a free for all match.

Even on a 64 player server, the server playerbase is never big enough that dividing it into six teams produces any kind of good result. For team based gameplay to work, peple need a clear enemy, and a clear opponent. Maybe a third team spices things up a bit, but six is just silly.

The only particular reason i can see for it would be to lock each team to a specific class, eg black team is ninjas, red is samurai, etc. That might at least fit with the concept of the game, but even still it should be a fun side mode at best, not the main thing that’s shoved in your face constantly.

We need lots more two-team modes and some team objective maps too. Games where you can actually get some tactics and cameraderie going, and form a battle line with teammates to push forward together. Six teams just means getting stabbed in the back every two seconds.

• bump because this thread was buried by late post-approval

• While I actually like the 6-team modes, what I think is needed is obj mode as from MW. Objective mode is what has kept me going back to MW since it’s just so much fun. I hope the developers really are thinking of bringing Obj mode into DW. We already have working assets as cannons and catapults so it would be really nice to see them being used for more than random assets on a deathmatch map.

• @StiffWood:

While I actually like the 6-team modes, what I think is needed is obj mode as from MW. Objective mode is what has kept me going back to MW since it’s just so much fun. I hope the developers really are thinking of bringing Obj mode into DW. We already have working assets as cannons and catapults so it would be really nice to see them being used for more than random assets on a deathmatch map.

Agreed, it is a pity it was not a priority for launch but I can’t imagine they will not add TO maps immediately after the game is released.

• Yes remove the only interesting aspect of the game! Meanwhile, give pirates a parrot that will peck the eyes out of anybody getting close to melee range with him! because pirates are so leik cool! and FUNNEH! vikings should also be buffed, their shields need to be sharper and be able to travel trhough multiple opponents, and should return with a boomerang effect, SHOULD BE CLOSE TO FUN GAME NOW GUIS!

• i think it should and already is a server side option on how many teams there are…
    but i heavily agree in the respect that
    a) depending on the server itself and their actual player numbers,
    b) the still missing proper auto balance function
    the fact c) that 6team modes almost always degenerate to some sort of ffa most of the time and
    d) that you’re even more depended on the few teammates you have and having noobs being even more frustrating (befor all in my favorite lts mode);

most of the time it is truely annoying, inbalanced and asymmetrical.

the only good way of having asymmetrical warfare with 6teams is the class against class modes though honestly i dont like that too much as well.

i am preferably playing with scrambled classes in a classic 2 teams set up.
    3or even 4 teams are a welcome choice too, but everything above seems stupid to me since huge sized servers do lag like shit anyways.

• agreeing with everything in this thread. Remove the 6 teams game mode it’s just silly, really is. Why there is no Team Objective either completely fries my mentality.

• Keep the 6 team mode. Just add autobalance.

• need more variety like 3/4 team sides and like ninja vs knights or spartan vs viking etc.

• @StiffWood:

While I actually like the 6-team modes, what I think is needed is obj mode as from MW. Objective mode is what has kept me going back to MW since it’s just so much fun. I hope the developers really are thinking of bringing Obj mode into DW. We already have working assets as cannons and catapults so it would be really nice to see them being used for more than random assets on a deathmatch map.

don’t think they are adding any team objective modes officially, ever, I believe players will have to create the maps themselves and then get players to upload to their servers and / or convince torn banner to add some official ones.

compared to MW maps, you can easily do a few changes to the current maps as listed in another message i posted, mainly for valley which looks like battlegrounds.

shortened bit is simple:

1. expand the burning wooden cage thing that you can enter, into more of a barn, add a few tents, campfire, make it look like an attack position that the attacking team can capture / destroy a lock on the barn.

2. keep 1 of the 2 bridges, move the cart or whatever across it further up and capture 2nd base,

3. expand the castle walls, blow it up or something,

alternative 4) expand the top of the gatehouse, add stairs, move drawbridge level up to the top, and get the bomb cart to the gate to blow up or something?

thats just a quick thing that can be done if someone wanted to :p