Introducing the SDK & CU2 Patch 1.2

• We are happy to announce that the Software Development Kit (SDK) for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is now live! It will be easier than ever to create and install mods into Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. This does not currently include the Steam Workshop. Prior to setting the Steam Workshop live, we need to ensure it is working properly.

If you are interested in helping out by uploading maps and/or testing the playability of the maps, please join the Steam group.
    Only those in this group will be able see and test out the maps. The more content we can get uploaded to the Workshop, the faster we can release it to the general public. Custom code mods such as game modes are not currently supported in the Workshop.

Current Functionality:

• Modded Server browser support (different colors for servers with custom maps, custom code; additional column with mod name).

• Closed Workshop support for maps (join the steam group to upload maps).

• Auto Downloads when joining a modded server.

**Some things to look forward to:

• Full Workshop support for maps

• Auto Workshop downloads for clients

• Workshop download tool for servers (can run as a schedule task / rcon job)

**SDK Changes:

• Improved and expanded error messages

• Cooking and Workshop uploading process changed to include a GUID:
      – Do the first cook the same way
      – The cook will create a directory like CookedSDK\AOCSDKLevels_E1ED54B24E9F8DE8C917B1ABC51E4040
      – The GUID is the bit after the underscore
      – Edit your workshop upload file (e.g. wsinfo_SDKTest.txt); put the whole directory name in the “$PackageDirectory” variable, including the GUID part
      – Upload as before
      – Next time you cook this package, if you want to upload to the same workshop file, add this to the COOK.bat: “-Guid=ZZZ” (without the quotation marks), where ZZZ is replaced with the GUID for your package (in the last example, E1ED54B24E9F8DE8C917B1ABC51E4040)

**Important Information:

**CU2 Patch 1.2:

• Fixed weapon unlock statistics not being displayed properly on client.

• Fixed issue with purchased helmets.

• Fixed issue with duel stats not saving.

• Wow, the SDK didn’t take long at all to come to the main version, thanks TB!

• Hot CU2 Patch 1.2 data is being slathered all over my hard drive as we speak.

• I am downloading it to a thumbdrive so I can cuddle it while I sleep.

• time to start playing MW again :>

• Is this real life? :o

• Is that the only changes to the game, those 3 bullet points or is there more to come in a more detailed patch note?

Cheers.

• @Toll:

Is that the only changes to the game, those 3 bullet points or is there more to come in a more detailed patch note?

Cheers.

was thinking this too, for a Content Update 2 I expected like 15-20 or 50-60 fixes or something for a content update.

this is just a small small small patch, any update / communication on when CMW will receive the patch to fix bubble, add fire arrows etc? lol

edit: is there something more thats not listed? the game is downloading 3.4gb, according to several -KoTrT- i’m in with skype atm lol.

• @BB:

time to start playing MW again :>

@Kimiko:

This does not currently include the Steam Workshop.
    Custom code mods such as game modes are not currently supported in the Workshop.

Almost. Guess I’ll wait for 1.3

• Guys, it’s finally happening!

C:MW is getting revived!

• :D
    Fantastic news - thanks folks.
    Looking forward to new maps and mods!!!

• No balance changes? awww…

• it’s so fluffy i’m gonna dieeee!!

• @wyrda78:

No balance changes? awww…

We do that now.

• woot, SDK!

• Torn Banner, Torn Banner, you’ve surprised us all.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, we thought you would fall.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, you broke your backs day and night…while us unworthy fans began to take flight.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, you made us sad in June. The noobs cheered and left. While we cried, but stayed.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, we had lost faith. You told us nothing, left no words, we knew you were wrong. It was sad and cold with combo feint to parry gone.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, your bugs were endless. You’d fix them but they’d return, like real estate on craigslist.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, something happened today. A 3-letter acronym, called the SDK.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, our hearts filled with glee! With custom maps and mods we shall feel free!
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, you’ve made us happy. We may not show it, we may say you’re bad. Your name has been slandered worse than a hipster fad.
    Torn Banner, Torn Banner, we love your game. Keep up the good work and have a nice day.

For Agatha, and the Order,

Flippy

• @Flippy:

words by a beautiful, beautiful man.

I believe I just wept a small tear of utter joy.

• @Yngvald:

@Flippy:

words by a beautiful, beautiful man.

I believe I just wept a small tear of utter joy.

I’m glad I could make your first post on the forum a joyful one. Welcome to Chivalry :D

• @fvonb:

@wyrda78:

No balance changes? awww…

We do that now.

But no instant gratification of oogling over numbers ;)

• Uploading custom maps…
    Yeah.