Confusing team colors on Knights

• http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/848 … 1122667FA/

I honestly couldn’t tell you what team this guy is on. I’m not a fan of the gold/black and would rather just red and blue but this is absolutely heinous.

Just give players the ability to see everyone else with the same customization as them - ie if I have my customization set to solid red/blue for each team and I turn the option on, I’ll see everyone as solid red/blue.

• Mod

The knight in your screenshot has no color loaded and is using gray default color setup for some reason…
    Did you try to up the graphic settings to see if you have issues then?

Additionally I think that is a good idea and should be a toggle-able feature myself.

• @User:

Additionally I think that is a good idea and should be a toggle-able feature myself.

I made this suggestion back when they first announced customization.
    An option for default customization.
    That way people who can’t differentiate between the two teams for some reason can stop complaining and, the people who like customization can enjoy it without the removal of likeable colors.

Instead the Mason’s are the Red and Grey.

• @User:

The knight in your screenshot has no color loaded and is using gray default color setup for some reason…
    Did you try to up the graphic settings to see if you have issues then?

It does indeed appear to be a texture glitch. I have the world texture group set to be a single color in my ini for visibility, but for some reason it’s affecting customized players as well. What patterns it affects is random and changes every time I restart Chivalry.

• Wow I did not know you could make this game so ugly.

• I immediately saw this guy as a mason knight….
    its not that hard…

• Its a mason knight. The model is different. As there’s the helmet.

And it looks like nothing has loaded. Where’s the textures. On anything.

• Mod

@Altimor:

It does indeed appear to be a texture glitch. I have the world texture group set to be a single color in my ini for visibility, but for some reason it’s affecting customized players as well. What patterns it affects is random and changes every time I restart Chivalry.

Yeah so first I honestly want to suggest picking up your graphics and enjoying the scenery and the graphics Unreal 3 has to offer. Unless you’re doing it because your on an old rig? I wouldn’t be surprised if your custom INI edit affected the way the model colors load. But I don’t know how they coded this engine since I’m not a coder and never looked at it.

And second- I honestly look more at the model than the color. Especially after the customization patch where some people deliberately put on wihte/red trims that take up a lot of space just to resemble the enemy team. (later also crying about getting tked a lot :D) So I would affirm giantvak:

@giantyak:

I immediately saw this guy as a mason knight….
    its not that hard…

• That one looks like one of those FFA light grey clones - or the Mason grey just appears very light with your settings. Anyways the shape gives him away without doubt. Wouldn’t even mind if he was colored blue.

Knights and Archers can be recognised without even considering the colors. With some experience this even works for MaA. Its only the Vanguard class where you have to look at the color (as the models are identical save for the helmet). Would be nice to get more distinct models here.

@User:

Only if its a serverside option. Disabling customization clientside (save for your own) is the worst thing that could happen.

• @User:

@Altimor:

Yeah so first I honestly want to suggest picking up your graphics and enjoying the scenery and the graphics Unreal 3 has to offer. Unless you’re doing it because your on an old rig? I wouldn’t be surprised if your custom INI edit affected the way the model colors load. But I don’t know how they coded this engine since I’m not a coder and never looked at it.

And second- I honestly look more at the model than the color. Especially after the customization patch where some people deliberately put on wihte/red trims that take up a lot of space just to resemble the enemy team. (later also crying about getting tked a lot :D) So I would affirm giantvak:

@giantyak:

I immediately saw this guy as a mason knight….
    its not that hard…

I do like Chivalry’s design, but my eyes are just slightly crappy and similar colors will blend together, especially in “noisy” areas. Since I don’t really want to wear glasses to play a video game, I just decreased the world texture res so players and weapons pop out.

@Evil:

@User:

Only if its a serverside option. Disabling customization clientside (save for your own) is the worst thing that could happen.

I don’t see why. If people like customization they can have it, if people care about quick team ID they can have it.

• I don’t get why people can be confused 'cause of colors… The model is different, a big part of the body is not even coloured… And I don’t get why people attack their injured teammates when they retreat and then just say “sry, thought you were mason” or something… Happened like 20 times and it’s just ridiculous because my colour is white and it should be obvious that I’m agathian. Even if my body is full of blood.

• Contacts?

• My eyes betray me too :(

But i rely on the differences in the helmets or armour. The helmet is the easiest thing for me to recognise as mason. And secondly the chest armour.