Nerf to grouped up pirates

• Now, quite a few nerfs to pirate guns have been suggested (less damage, slower reload, remove class) but the trouble is that those also effect a solo pirate eg. in FFA, which I don’t anyone has a problem with?

Anyway, notice the smoke that comes out when a gun is fired? Why not increase it? A few pirates might not notice it, nor a group moving about a lot, but with large swarms camping it could become an issue, letting other classes get closer…

It also might make sense realistically? Dem powders must be smoky right?

Aside from that, I’m of the club that thinks guns should be high(er) dam and slow(er) reload. Possibly reloading even slower if successive shots fired.

Thoughts?

• Teamwork and a fix to the blunderbuss damage bug and pirates are fine.

But hey I’m all for making the smoke increase by 1000%. That would be cool.

• I lol’d irl at OP.

8/10

• When approaching pirates move in unpredicable manner, zig-zag and look up-down as you will.

• samurai shoot arrows as they push in zig zagging
    • knights shoot a bolt they push and might want to reload behind cover and shoot again, push in zig zag
    • Spartans raise their shield and zig zag charge in and throw javelins and spears
    • Vikings raise their shield and zig zag in and when close enough throw shields, axes, hammers
    • ninja throw smoke bombs = gg

in other words L2P

• @frontliner2:

When approaching pirates move in unpredicable manner, zig-zag and look up-down as you will.

• knights shoot a bolt they push and might want to reload behind cover and shoot again, push in zig zag
    • Spartans raise their shield and zig zag charge in and throw javelins and spears
    • Vikings raise their shield and zig zag in and when close enough throw shields, axes, hammers

in other words L2P

I can’t tell if you’re new to Chivalry. If so, welcome to Chivalry. In Deadliest Warrior a zig zag isn’t nearly as effective as it was in Medieval Warfare. The pirates are equip with a shotgun as well as a modern day sniper rifle accurate pistol.

It’s not a matter of L2P. It’s a matter of this shit is broken.

• This isn’t even a complain frontlinerL2p, I’m suggesting this because the alternative is a nerf to the guns again…

Samurai bow takes 2 headshots to kill, smoke bombs are mehhh and at the moment, shield users take MORE damage.

Oh ya, and its not a case of one person, its a case of trying to assemble 12 people :P

• @Khyy:

@frontliner2:

When approaching pirates move in unpredicable manner, zig-zag and look up-down as you will.

in other words L2P

I can’t tell if you’re new to Chivalry. If so, welcome to Chivalry. In Deadliest Warrior a zig zag isn’t nearly as effective as it was in Medieval Warfare. The pirates are equip with a shotgun as well as a modern day sniper rifle accurate pistol.

It’s not a matter of L2P. It’s a matter of this shit is broken.

A shot gun that does fuck all damage.

A point blank shot with all ten pellets hitting the chest of a spartan will not kill him. And the spartan has less armour than the Viking. Does 98 damage. But 98 damage isn’t dead. And the spartan has the advantage of being close and the pirate having his gun out.

And the other classes have more armour than he has. Some can even get away with headshots thrown in.

It’s A case of learn to play.

Though guns making tons of smoke would be awesome and would nerf guns in mass groups.

• @frontliner2:

unpredicable manner

@frontliner2:

zig-zag

lmao

• i was playing with a group doing the big roaming-pirate-squad strategy yesterday. i have to say it doesn’t work nearly as much as you’re worried about, they don’t need nerfed.

For a start, EVERY class in the game has it’s own ranged attack to snipe at the pirates from afar, and almost all of them have more health to make shot trading easier. Not to mention, most of them have faster reload times too, especially the Yumi.

In four rounds, we successfully gunned our way through once, and the other 3 times our line was broken by zigzagging vikings tossing shields and then comboing us to death.

Pirates have really low health, and if you charge them erratically with even just half of their numbers, you can usually close to melee and mow them down easily. You can also use shields, although they don’t fully block damage they still block most of it which is usually enough.

The blunderbuss may not need much aiming, but it’s also horribly weak without a direct hit, and it takes forever to load a new round.

tl;dr: pirates are fine. dodge and use cover.

• have the whole team charge the pirates use some teamwork

• I vote all pirates guns should have a 80% RNG chance that the weapon will backfire in its face.

• Yeah, more smoke that stayed for longer would both look and feel cool as well as create a big of a smoke screen which would both be a con and a pro for both the attacker as well as the pirate himself. Pirate sees less of enemies charging in, might not want to take shot. Pirate uses smoke screen to get the hell out of there somewhat undetected. Attacker uses smoke screen to his advantage as pirates can’t really aim at him well (although the crosshair still changes colours) but when he gets there, the pirates might have changed position from what you excepted.

So more smoke, as well as a bit longer reload time. I wish for TBS to add the stage where the pirate pours gunpowder into the firing pan so the flint actually has something it can ignite.

• Ranged crosshair doesn’t change colour. It remains white regardless.

• i snake all the time vs pirates and still get hit 99% of the time and completely takes the point out of what this game was intended to be, a melee first person combat game. the only viable option is to admit that pirates were a mistake and replace them with an actual historical warrior.

• @lemonater47:

A point blank shot with all ten pellets hitting the chest of a spartan will not kill him. And the spartan has less armour than the Viking. Does 98 damage. But 98 damage isn’t dead. And the spartan has the advantage of being close and the pirate having his gun out.

One shot might not, that’s not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is that when Pirates are grouped up, they are OP as fuck.

They usually win every LTS/TDM that is Class vs. Class, depends on map. They’re not as good on Fjord and Bamboo because they are not as open. On Acropolis and Ducat… dream on. In Acropolis you go in any of the corners and just sit there. People come up to you, you all range them and kill them before they even get to you. On Ducat, you just hang out down on the beach or in any of the spawn points and again, shoot everyone that comes near you. Group up Pirates on any open map is pretty much an instant victory.

So again, the point is not a single Pirate. Sure, it does 98 damage to a Spartan, but then some other pirate can just shoot you and kill you (Which I guarantee will happen, as again, they are grouped up). Maybe they took some damage before and the Pirates can just wipe a group. Maybe once the enemies get into melee range, they just alt swing around their shields and get a one hit kill. Just because a weapon doesn’t 1 shot kill, doesn’t mean it’s not an overpowered weapon.

Seriously, stop playing Pirate and play something else. Go into an LTS/TDM Class vs. Class and watch as the pirates destroy your shit. Then maybe your opinions wouldn’t be so biased, as you would hopefully see the other side of the story.

• Any group of anyone is OP.

To kill a group of pirates you must be in a loose group yourself. And then it turns into more or less one pirate against one of you.

When your group reaches their group of pirates your group is far better in melee than the pirates. The pirates with their weapons will take the sameness amount of hits to kill you as you are weakened already. But you have higher damaging and longer ranged weapons. Then the people at the vac of your group will also enter the fray and they have more or less full health.

Pirate at range in a group are OP becuase you can’t kill them at range really. Just make sure they aren’t at range. And there’s only one way to go that. And that’s rushing them.

Pirates are actually better in corridors than they are in open ground. You can spread out on open ground but you can’t in a corridor.

I hardly play pirate. I just don’t give up and I try to find a way to do things. There’s always a way.

• @lemonater47:

To kill a group of pirates you must be in a loose group of Pirates yourself

Fixed that for ya.

• I would like Lemon to explain to me how he considers rushing against guns with swords a perfectly balanced working game play.

• Just make the pirate guns have a longer reload. This way Pirates are happy that they still can use shotguns and sniper pistols, and everyone else is happy that there’s actually enough wiggle-room to kill pirates in-between reloads.

• @Hitom:

I would like Lemon to explain to me how he considers rushing against guns with swords a perfectly balanced working game play.

Well to make it perfectly balanced you would have to buff those poor pirates in melee. They get rinsed When you rush them. Half of them don’t even pull out their melee weapons.