DON'T NERF SPARTANS

• God DAMN it!! Shield bash was all spartans really had. their range can’t compete with knights and samurais, and they aren’t fast enough to keep up with ninjas or vikings. Don’t even get me started on how pirates can shoot right effing through their shields.

Of ALL the things that need nerfing in this beta SPARTANS, AND THEIR SHIELD BASH, ARE NOT IT!

I block the shield bash EASILY and have seen others do it too!!

Spartans are THE most underpowered warrior in this game so far. So if what I am hearing about how the spartan shield bash actually got nerfed in the recent patch, get it together and undo it. Because if anything spartans need a serious buff. They need to be made stronger not weaker!

• Seriously? It’s just a different playstyle you need to get used to. They’re amazingly strong if you do it right. The shield bash DID need a nerf but the Spartan is still a strong class. It’s just harder to learn than say, the Samurai. You’ll get it.

• Spartan is fine. Only thing that could use a little adjustment is making the spears like dory and javelin a little more viable in melee.

• Hi Guys,

Spartan is my favorite class. This is mainly because it seems the hardest to play.

I just wanted to say that spartans seem at their weakest when it is one spartan vs 2, 3 etc. the spear only allows you to hit one enemy at a time and the sword is short. In groups they are fine and 1v1 they are fine.

Spartans definetly dont need a nerf but i dont think they particularly need a butf either. I think there will be some class balance changes in the next patch ie to vikings that will even the playing field.

Btw does everyclass have a special ability except knights and spartans?

-Arnold

• Only thing wrong with Spartan is they’re too slow. Everything else is perfectly balanced. When you learn to play them they wreck shit. However, I just don’t logically understand why we’re the same speed as Knight/Samurai/Vikings. Pirates and Ninja should be faster, but we should be a inbetween of the heavier and lighter classes. A medium class.

I don’t see spears ever being the number one viable go to weapon… solely because of the increased movement speed. It’s doable but pretty difficult to hit with a spear stab on a target such as a Ninja.

• @Khyy:

Only thing wrong with Spartan is they’re too slow. Everything else is perfectly balanced. When you learn to play them they wreck shit. However, I just don’t logically understand why we’re the same speed as Knight/Samurai/Vikings. Pirates and Ninja should be faster, but we should be a inbetween of the heavier and lighter classes. A medium class.

I don’t see spears ever being the number one viable go to weapon… solely because of the increased movement speed. It’s doable but pretty difficult to hit with a spear stab on a target such as a Ninja.

You always use sword when engaged in melee as a spartan, the spear is just not viable, at all.

• @Kratos:

God DAMN it!! Shield bash was all spartans really had.

Lol why would you want Spartans to be defined by that?
    You’re like the Ninjas that cried when they lost the pocket sand stun

How about you stop being lazy and figure out some other way to make Spartan more noob friendly

• Shield bash is hardly trouble to deal with. Would be nice if spartans had some more variety in terms of weapons. The swords feel like absolute shite to use.

• Not just the speed anymore, yesterday I had a guy showing the key way (this dude was a ninja) to exploit being a Spartan. All you have to do is spam, now this does require some skill cause you have to connect with your hits. We all know successful hits take no stamina but blocking does. Once they’re low (if you haven’t killed them already) kick them and it’ll force them into a stun in which they can do nothing.

You’re welcome.

• @Khyy:

Not just the speed anymore, yesterday I had a guy showing the key way (this dude was a ninja) to exploit being a Spartan. All you have to do is spam

Spam with the Sarissa
    if the enemy knows how to block then feint with the Sarissa

• @BB:

@Khyy:

Not just the speed anymore, yesterday I had a guy showing the key way (this dude was a ninja) to exploit being a Spartan. All you have to do is spam

Spam with the Sarissa

Not fast enough, we’re too slow. I should of also added that was probably the most ideal situation to beat a Spartan if you’re a Ninja. Other classes as you said, I can spam back. But on a good ninja he’ll just dodge it since they’re faster making you further waste even more stamina.

• You want spartan to be OP by the sound of things.

• @Khyy:

Other classes as you said, I can spam back.

this is only a tactic for noobs to use against noobs, I don’t know why you keep bringing it up as some maneuver that actually works on non-noobs

@lemonater47:

You want spartan to be OP by the sound of things.

nah he just wants Spartan to be as easy to play as every other class is
    which isn’t necessarily a bad thing

he’s just too stupid to figure out how to do that so he just suggests base stat buffs

• @BB:

@Khyy:

this is only a tactic for noobs to use against noobs, I don’t know why you keep bringing it up as some maneuver that actually works on non-noobs

@lemonater47:

he’s just too stupid to figure out how to do that so he just suggests base stat buffs

What are you talking about? I already wreck with Spartan. As I recall I lead the match we were in yesterday with points. You were what, 6-2? I was 12-6.

On topic, again you continue to say noob. You defend this style of play why? Because you use it. Your entire sequence of moves is get stab a miss, get the combo LMB’s as you strafe a target. You’re too stupid to learn to play a class.

• @Khyy:

@BB:

@Khyy:

@lemonater47:

What are you talking about? I already wreck with Spartan. As I recall I lead the match we were in yesterday with points. You were what, 6-2? I was 12-6.

On topic, again you continue to say noob. You defend this style of play why? Because you use it. Your entire sequence of moves is get stab a miss, get the combo LMB’s as you strafe a target. You’re too stupid to learn to play a class.

Your already wreck at spartan.

Bullshit.

“I’m very good at spartan but I still want it buffed because lulz”.

Yeah that makes sense.

And he was doing 6-2 you were doing 12-6. You play a very aggressive suicidal strategy with that KD. And technically he was doing better than you. You give the KDs but don’t realise his ratio is better than yours.

• @Khyy:

lol I joined in the last two minutes of the game, I joined red, then I saw blue was losing so I suicided and switched

I actually had 6-1, a 6 k/d while you had a 2 k/d

honestly, I was laughing my ass off when you were trying to rub me for my 0-1 k/d after I just switched to the losing team

like I said
    I’m da bes M1 Spammer

can’t touch this

@Khyy:

On topic, again you continue to say noob.

that’s because you keep talking like one

you know who complains about M1 spam?
    noobs

• @Wingy:

lol

• Pretty much the only thing that Spartan needs is a bit more range on the Dory (their default spear). Right now it’s not that much longer than a Longsword or Nodachi. Spartan’s range and harassing skill is their strength, this comes at the price of disadvantage when overrun (like any spear user). However, it is much harder to overrun three Spartans than three of any other class. They’re meant to dominate in group fights.

@Khyy:

@BB:

@Khyy:

Spam with the Sarissa

Not fast enough, we’re too slow. I should of also added that was probably the most ideal situation to beat a Spartan if you’re a Ninja. Other classes as you said, I can spam back. But on a good ninja he’ll just dodge it since they’re faster making you further waste even more stamina.

Drag-stab is a necessary skill with Spartan. It can overcome a side-dodge from Ninja.

• problem with spartan is they can’t take that shield off, even with one hand blades! So basically, all u need to do is spam kicks! I do fine as a spartan against multiple enemies because they mostly don’t take time to use kicks, but in duels they aren’t that good! And thats me, ain’t saying it’s easy to play since shield block seem slower than weapon block, so if u hold u get kicked on the shield, if u try to time it, weapons are sometime faster! Spartan needs a boost, but better tracer for shield bash! Maybe that shield bash could actually push a little the enemy!