Scrap Pirate add Aztec.

• Those who dare, wins?

• YESSSSS!!!

• The whole Pirate class to me personally feels like an oxymoron. What’s the point? It’s funny? How is he a deadly warrior exactly? Because he got a gun? America must have a lot of deadly warriors…

• I never really liked the pirate class as well, he just feels out of place. I also can’t deny the Aztecs being a great choice.

One other change I would want is to replace the fairly limited Spartans with Gladiators as there are a lot more weapon options there. Or really just add gladiators as the second classical warrior…

• @qlum:

I never really liked the pirate class as well, he just feels out of place. I also can’t deny the Aztecs being a great choice.

One other change I would want is to replace the fairly limited Spartans with Gladiators as there are a lot more weapon options there. Or really just add gladiators as the second classical warrior…

Noooo. not my spartan :p If it means the removal of pirate, then yeah sure.

• I like the pirates, I hardly play them. Since the game has come out I’ve probably played the pirate for at most 4 hours. But I feel like they fit in nicely with the rest of the characters, Just the exchange in conversations and speech is hilarious and it adds character to the game, Don’t get me wrong I’m sure there are some sweet aztec jokes out there just I don’t see it.

Aztec warriors mainly used weapons which couldn’t even put a scratch on steel armour the only weapon which could was the tepoztopilli a spear sometimes with sharpened stone or more rarely obsidian tips, The problem with both these materials is they break extremely easily, Most of their weapons use exactly the same materials.

I can just see the aztec being an even lighter class than ninja or pirate, But I think the Jaguar warrior would be pretty cool, Maybe they’ll release it for future content?

As for gladiator, I don’t really want gladiators or Romans, because unlike the other classes in the game they’ve not been as glorified like the rest of them have so they don’t have a very easy stereotypical description, That’s what I think all the classes in the game are going for, They try to loosely base them on stereotypes of those things. It’s easy for pirate or ninja or samurai because there is already a lot of popculture and material for those things to work on.

Jaguar Warrior and Rajput warrior I think those two would fit nicely into the game.

• confusing

• Whoever voted for pirates should be sacrificed on a pyramid somewhere in a south-american jungle

• I can have? Yes please!

• YES. I posted about Aztecs many times. viewtopic.php?f=103&t=23182&p=197440&hilit=aztecs#p197440
    Also, for those of you who hate pirates, hop on over to my Pirate Hate Thread. Glad to see other people hate those freaking depps as much as I do!

• Feels like a slap in the face to the rest of the warriors that these guys get to be grouped up with them tbh.

• the way the pirate walks is a little too…gay,nothing against gay people but i don’t really like it,does not fit a pirate.
    So im on for Aztec

• And if you want ranged stuff, well, atatls. And the pirate dos walk weirdly.

• It would be so easy to change the island map to fit Aztec’s.
    You wanna know why you can’t optimize your shit TBS!? PIRATES! their fucking guns make me get FPS freezes every damn time there are more then two firing at me. What kind of playerbase are you trying to please with this class!? Or is it that you guys went and saw “OMG, we made this game too amazing, better throw in a really annoying class that will bring the fun factor down by much much much!”…

• This won’t likely happen. You can read why in my thread when it gets approved.

• I find it more likely that they’ll just add an Aztec or something later, as opposed to taking pirates out.

• Pirates destroy any chance this game have of being a good serious competitive game, shame, so much wasted potential.

• Suggested weapons for the Aztec:
    Poison blow darts - working similar to what the metsubushi is now, only you can aim it easier since it’s a blow dart.
    Hunting bows - old school bows simply.
    Scythe - why not?
    Sling shot - Could go tricky with this one and just reskin the pirates gun and have it use the same projectiles, have the sling shot shoot like 10-15 stones in each shot. Catapult sling shot.

That’s like 4 weapons I could think of that could fit them, and thats just from the top of my head.

• @Hitom:

Suggested weapons for the Aztec:
    Poison blow darts - working similar to what the metsubushi is now, only you can aim it easier since it’s a blow dart.
    Hunting bows - old school bows simply.
    Scythe - why not?
    Sling shot - Could go tricky with this one and just reskin the pirates gun and have it use the same projectiles, have the sling shot shoot like 10-15 stones in each shot. Catapult sling shot.

That’s like 4 weapons I could think of that could fit them, and thats just from the top of my head.

Aztecs had lots of badass weapons, ranging from sacrificial knives to big spiked baseball bat like weapons.
    Also spears and shit

• I hate to say it, But this is a “beta” There is plenty of time from now till full release for balancing, This isn’t the finished product and because it doesn’t necessarily appeal to those on this thread, I for one belive the pirate should stay and the Jaguar Warrior should just be an odd on in the future.

Both can stay because I like the idea of both, We shouldn’t take away a class some people may potentially like because some of people on the forums decided it’s what is best for the “community” trust me when I say the balance patches are coming and I know for a fact they’re going to hit every class not just the pirates, Don’t get too comfortable with any class as it is now.

Inb4 viking nerf
    inb4 pirate nerf
    inb4 ninja buff

Also Aztecs didn’t have scythes, They used Maquahuitl with obsidian tips and spears with stone and obsidian tips.