Scrap Pirate add Aztec.

• @KONGEN:

@Hitom:

Suggested weapons for the Aztec:
    Poison blow darts - working similar to what the metsubushi is now, only you can aim it easier since it’s a blow dart.
    Hunting bows - old school bows simply.
    Scythe - why not?
    Sling shot - Could go tricky with this one and just reskin the pirates gun and have it use the same projectiles, have the sling shot shoot like 10-15 stones in each shot. Catapult sling shot.

That’s like 4 weapons I could think of that could fit them, and thats just from the top of my head.

Aztecs had lots of badass weapons, ranging from sacrificial knives to big spiked baseball bat like weapons.
    Also spears and shit

I wouldn’t use the word “badass” to describe their weapons they’re a little pre-dated, as soon as the Aztec warriors come along Spanish conquistadors they were wiped out, And the conquistadors weren’t even fully armoured some wore only helmets and breastplates.

• Pirates were more popular than Aztecs and even ninjas on the poll before they were even announced. Until I screwed up the poll trying to remove an option it resets the bloody thing.

People don’t like ranged classes. There’s people who want archer removed or severely nerfed and some of these people are right here too.

• @lemonater47:

Pirates were more popular than Aztecs and even ninjas on the poll before they were even announced. Until I screwed up the poll trying to remove an option it resets the bloody thing.

People don’t like ranged classes. There’s people who want archer removed or severely nerfed and some of these people are right here too.

I could handle archers in medieval perfectly fine, because the game isn’t called melee warfare. But this is called deadliest warrior, and while a pirate may be deadly, he certainly is no warrior.

• @SirBlade:

We shouldn’t take away a class some people may potentially like because some of people on the forums decided it’s what is best for the “community”

Yeah sure, some people on the forum…

In every game I’ve been in since they released the beta there have been people complaining about pirate.

This class is the same thing as picking heavy xbox in cmw, you can actually see people ragequitting after you shoot them… If that’s not bad for the game I don’t know what is

• @KONGEN:

@SirBlade:

We shouldn’t take away a class some people may potentially like because some of people on the forums decided it’s what is best for the “community”

In every game I’ve been in since they released the beta there have been people complaining about pirate.

This class is the same thing as picking heavy xbox in cmw, you can actually see people ragequitting after you shoot them… If that’s not bad for the game I don’t know what is

Peppe have been complaining about samurai every game as well. Gonna remove that too?

• @KONGEN:

@SirBlade:

People rage no matter what kills them, They’ll say what they wanna say and some of the more vocal ones will go and express their opinions on here. To be honest I was raging about it hard when the game first came out as a ninja the guns absolutely destroy my health but now it ain’t too bad. If a bunch of pirates happens to be camping the docks in fjord just wait it out, There ain’t no need to charge the docks and get yourself killed so then you’ll get pissed about it, Just wait it out and see if you can organize a rally to cut them off next round.

• Yeah whatever, I’ve come to terms with TBS not giving a shit about serious competitive game play. I’ll move my interests somewhere ells. Have fun ya’ll.

• @Hitom:

Yeah whatever, I’ve come to terms with TBS not giving a shit about serious competitive game play. I’ll move my interests somewhere ells. Have fun ya’ll.

Another way of saying “I hate things that kill me”.

• @lemonater47:

@Hitom:

Yeah whatever, I’ve come to terms with TBS not giving a shit about serious competitive game play. I’ll move my interests somewhere ells. Have fun ya’ll.

Another way of saying “I hate things that kill me”.

No it’s not, stop being an idiot. The idea of a pirate class in this game is an RNG element all together, something that don’t belong in a skill based game. Know why it’s here? So TBS never have to truly bother fixing what needs to be fixed for serious competitive gaming.

• Aztecs were not primitive. They were wiped out by bad luck and smallpox. They did not use poison darts, and a macahuitl is not a spiked club. Slings were an Inca thing (and they set their sling bullets on FIRE). The Aztecs rarely used bows in war.

• Lemon is the official spokesman for Pirates apparently. Any thread that even mentions at fixing this OP crap he jumps in and opposes it. Yet he has never told me how a shotgun that goes through a shield, flinches you, etc etc is fair?

• 19 for aztec’s and lemon and his 3 alt accounts for pirates. 7 for boobs, good vote.

• @Hitom:

19 for aztec’s and lemon and his 3 alt accounts for pirates. 7 for boobs, good vote.

boobs are obviously the best option

• @gregcau:

@Hitom:

19 for aztec’s and lemon and his 3 alt accounts for pirates. 7 for boobs, good vote.

The way this game is going I have to agree.

• @Hitom:

@gregcau:

@Hitom:

The way this game is going I have to agree.

I mean… to say any game is better than boobs… I question you.

• I mained Javelin in the original game so having Aztecs with those dart thrower things would be awesome.

Spartan as a Javelin is too… stupid. It seems buggy and “off”. It’s nearly impossible to actually hit anything with their Javelins. Just cause they have a weapon called Javelins, and can throw them, doesn’t exactly make them a comfortable replacement for me.

• @Hitom:

…for serious competitive gaming.

You can’t just patch these words on to the end of whatever you’re saying as if that’s going to make it true or more valid then what someone else is saying… :?

IMO the pirate class is a good idea, but i think giving him a gun is stupid. If you think about it its the pirate captain that may have a gun, but not his pirates it would be too easy for them to cause mutiny. So i don’t think the pirate should have a gun at all.
    The way i pictured the pirate (when i heard he was going to be in C:DW) was a class that would be similar to MAA, but no shield and uses a cutlass, sabre, falchion, or scimitar.
    The only ranged weapons i would have thought he’d have would be his hat or his brandy bottle.

Aztecs? Cool idea, or maybe Mayans? they wiped themselves out with wooden polearms/staves apparently in religious penance.

• Make the reload steps authentic. Add the pan stage. Another 2-3 seconds reloading time right there. That would what require your animator who I don’t imagine would be doing much (though I don’t know how tbs works) to edit 4 animations. 1st and 3rd person. And it would require your spun guy to record a couple more sounds and add it to the current reload sound.

And add more smoke again authentic. Hinders visibility.

Authentic nerfs. Not artificial nerfs. Make the game more immersive and at the same time nerf the pirate. That way everyone is happy including the pirate mains who know a bit about flintlock weaponry and old powder.

And if anyone is gonna replace the pirate it has to be a roman legionary.

• Yes please add me :stab:

My warriors can bum rape every pirate that was ever born.

Montezuma vs. Blackbeard 1v1 COME AT ME BRO

Also if this is a game about the show Deadliest Warrior. Aztecs are already in there. So Torn Banner PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT STOP MAKING CLASSES. Do not go that way.

http://deadliestwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Aztec_Jaguar

• @Mustaklaki:

I mained Javelin in the original game so having Aztecs with those dart thrower things would be awesome.

Spartan as a Javelin is too… stupid. It seems buggy and “off”. It’s nearly impossible to actually hit anything with their Javelins. Just cause they have a weapon called Javelins, and can throw them, doesn’t exactly make them a comfortable replacement for me.

Serious? I find the spear throw to be pretty easy. You just have to lead. It is pretty different than MW javelin throw though.