A Gladiator Class?

• Spartans as they are are quite a good class however their arsenal is far more limited then most of the other classes and I don’t think that this could very well change within the constrains of the class.

On the other hand the game Lacks Gladiators while they are widely known Warriors with quite a vast arsenal with some really great weapons

My solution to this would be to add a Gladiator class instead, Gladiators have a lot of weapon options most likely including what the Spartans are using and really have a good broad appeal as well. Hell I could even imagine fights with nets.

Alternatively they could just be added as a second classical class which would be great as well but personally I find the spartan a bit to limited and to much of a hype class rather then a good addition to the team.

Edit: I think it is right to say that the spartan should stay and am just adjusting my stance a little, Personally I would have much preferred to see a gladiator then a Spartan as I don’t see much value in media hype (actually the whole sparta thing was about one movie while gladiators have had more coverage outside of that) and see him as a less versatile class then the others I accept that that is just me.

I also know that replacing it would more be like a what if as there has been a lot of work gone into the spartan and it has had some press releases also.

So I think Both the Aztec and the Gladiator could be future classes to be added to the game.

I would really love to see a gladiator in the game, sure they may not have had as much Media hype as the 300 movie but Gladiators have had their attention in movies and tv shows, hell Chivalry even has an arena map.

To give an impression of the arsenal of a gladiator I will name some Gladiator weapons and types:

Cestus: Basically some sort of boxing glove but for game purposes it would be logical to use the ones with spikes

Hoplomachus: Spear and smaller shield (a bit like the Spartan is now)

Laquearius: one hand with a Lasso and a sword or dagger like weapon in the other

Murmillo: Gladius+ wooden shield and some light to medium armor

Provocator: general roman legionair arms

Retiarius: Net+ Trident and a dagger and lightly armored

Samnite: Large Shield+ short Sword

Scissor: armguard with a blade on one hand and a sword on the other though this is not historically clear

Velites: just a spear nothing else.

Now if you look at that list which I just grabbed from wikipedia mostly you can almost fill an entire new expansion with that so mixing and matching it into a iconic gladiator class could be great.

• Replace Pirates with Gladiators is far better solution…

• @Aztecoatl:

Replace Pirates with Gladiators is far better solution…

^This

• how about just add gladiators as an additional playable class? Seriously i am new on these forums but i am finding a serious lack of common sense.

• how about just add gladiators as an additional playable class? Seriously i am new on these forums but i am finding a serious lack of common sense.

• Spartans are an iconic warrior of Deadliest warrior. Replacing themis out of the question, and more oever they are in need of a touching up

• Who needs Gladiators? I want some Roman Legionnaire! :D

• @Aztecoatl:

Replace Pirates with Gladiators is far better solution…

100% agree!

• I wanted the pirates gone but after a lot of reasonable comments within that thread it made sense. Being realistic here… no class is going to be replaced. Not only because of the resources put into creating that class but because of the classes already being advertised around the internet. If you pull a class now it hurts the reputation of the company in my personal opinion.

Anyways, I would like to see gladiator as an addition down the road however.

• Add classes don’t replace.

The more the merrier.

• I have edited the first post and changed my stance as well, I also added some gladiator loadouts thanks to wikipedia and as you can see choice enough, I’d even say you could make a whole Chivalry gladiator dlc on the amount of stuff there is available.

• @lemonater47:

Add classes don’t replace.

The more the merrier.

yay I agree

• Roman Legionnaire plz

• Your poll is no fair. Three “yes” options compared to one “no” option means you effectively split the “yes” vote. I accuse you of poll bias.

• @Drako:

Roman Legionnaire plz

Yes that’s an even better option. Roman gladiators mostly weren’t roman anyway.

• @Nil:

Your poll is no fair. Three “yes” options compared to one “no” option means you effectively split the “yes” vote. I accuse you of poll bias.

you can always add up the yes options and changing it now would cause the poll reset.