Opinion of DW

• After some 30 hours of testing this new DLC, I have my opinion about it.

Lets start with the only positive things about this thing:

• Graphics and visuals are very well made. Although some textures are awful (ex. Spartans look like crap. Its like TornBanner looked how to dress a Spartan from 300). I am going to assume that they will fix it before Launch.
      *A close to reality Spartan Outfit - http://fotodes.ru/upload/img1343729501.jpg ( Notice Cloth dress missing under Armor in game & Engraving on their Greaves )
    • Maps feel bigger and more rich with environment.
    • Only game that offers such unique warriors, and their gadgets, to face each other.

The game is fun. Cannot deny that for sure. When I forget about the constant Team Hitting & Killing, or the non existent Team balance however.

And that’s everything nice about it…

Going to post quickly the negative things that will never be fixed even after launch.

• Biggest concern Pirates. They don’t belong in the game. Total game breaker. You can adjust the damage up and down, reload speeds but they will never work in a game heavily oriented to melee & ranged combat covering Ancient to Medieval Era. The thought of pitching a Spartans from around 500 BC with Pirates who come in play in the XVI c. is just sad. By that logic lets counter the Pirates with a group of some NAVY SEALs …
    • Here is a few interesting tips TornBanner. Add Gladiators, Romans, Aztec, Mayans, Incas. I have never watched a lot of the episodes of that show Deadliest Warrior but I will take a wild guess and say that the mentioned above warriors will never be added. Those will fit in for sure. But you don’t listen to your community anymore. You may answer but you never take actions. Prime example, Balance Council.
    • A quick note that Samurais need a bit of a nerf. The combination of a Long, High damage and relatively fast Nodachi, with a bow and the Samurais excellent Armor rating is just abysmal. Hopefully it will be balanced prior to launch.

• Doesn’t feel like there is any point of using anything but LMB attack. At least in MW you had some reasons to use other ways of fighting (ex. Alt. Overhead, Delays ). Now you can achieve everything with LMB. Hits go through shields, blocks don’t work etc. It’s not only in DW also in MW but that’s another topic.

• Hit Trading. Where the LMB shines. As long as you have a High Damage weapon you don’t need to block and you will hit your enemy no matter what. Removes the skill of timing your hits completely.

There are many many MANY more but since this is Beta I will trust for the millionth time that Torn Banner fixes them. I will not be surprised if that this DLC will be many to come. If TB decide by some miracle that they will add more warriors I AM Certain it will be a DLC for their DLC. Greed is a bad thing for a gaming company.

All I can say is that Torn Banner needs competition. Without one they will never get their sh*t together

Thanks for reading and have a nice day ;)

• @Aztecoatl:

• Hit Trading. Where the LMB shines. As long as you have a High Damage weapon you don’t need to block and you will hit your enemy no matter what. Removes the skill of timing your hits completely.

Biggest issue in this game.

• @Aztecoatl:

• Doesn’t feel like there is any point of using anything but LMB attack. At least in MW you had some reasons to use other ways of fighting (ex. Alt. Overhead, Delays ). Now you can achieve everything with LMB. Hits go through shields, blocks don’t work etc. It’s not only in DW also in MW but that’s another topic.

These are the biggest issues as of now imo. I rarely see a overhead or stab, only LMB which in MW was really easy to deal with, but in DW it actually better then using overhead.

Fix that and I will be a happy Spartan.

• @Aztecoatl:

you don’t need to block and you will hit your enemy no matter what.

Even if they block?

• @gregcau:

@Aztecoatl:

Even if they block?

lmao nice

• Pirates and ritchocet vikings make the game shit. Thanks for the hours of fun TBS, but game don’t got longevity with this bullshit. Like I could handle archers in medieval perfectly fine, because the game isn’t called melee warfare. But this is called deadliest warrior, and while a pirate may be deadly, he certainly is no warrior.

• @gregcau:

@Aztecoatl:

Even if they block?

So what if he blocks? You don’t have any penalty, you can start spamming again :)

• @fvonb:

@Aztecoatl:

Biggest issue in this game.

This, right now CDW is just trading and spamming slashes while running in circles around your opponents + everyone is using some kind of ranged bullshit to ruin your melee experience and fun.

@Aztecoatl:

• I combo all of the time with all weapons, it works way better than LMB.

If you’re just LMBing in group fights, you may get more kills, because LMB is easiest to hit with. However you will get destroyed in 1v1, 1v2 and 1v3 if you do not combo and flinch you opponents before they can hit you. Even as a Viking I combo, when the Berserk mode won’t activate if you don’t LMB.

• OP, i think the solution to the ranged weapons is to increase the spread of the projectiles. There’s no way ye old pistol is going to fire dead straight and if you have a realistic load time then the game will be balanced.

• It’s a fun game, but needs a bit more ranged weapons. We need to completely eliminate the melee element of it to make it really good.

• @KONGEN:

It’s a fun game, but needs a bit more ranged weapons. We need to completely eliminate the melee element of it to make it really good.

Completely agree. We need to scrap Spartans; add US Marines.