Why replacing x with y won't happen

• Ok so there are several threads about replacing a class with another class. However, this is almost surely not going to happen for several reasons. Firstly, the devs would have to make new models and animations, balance the new class, and etc. Secondly, they already put work into it, so TB would not want to scrap anything. Thirdly, this is already in Beta, and if they were to make such a drastic change then they would push the game farther back than they want. Fourth, this would be false advertising, as I am sure some people saw it had a certain warrior or two they liked and they preordered it. If it got removed then said people would probably not be happy. At all. Fifth, this is a Deadliest Warrior inspired game, and they aren’t going to take out a warrior that they had on the show and replace it with some random one. Even if the warrior you want in the game was in the show at some point, they picked the six warriors because the episodes they were in got some of the most attention. Finally, all the warriors have a map currently, so in order to keep the game from feeling weird, they would have to scrap class xs map and make a new one for class y.

I think that this is reason enough to believe safely that there will not be any new classes and that none will be removed.

• Logic does not apply on the forums.

• Changing pirates for aztec’s would require minimal effort and make the game 100 times better.

• not to mention new voice actors

• You must be fun at parties

• @BB:

not to mention new voice actors

This is the only major work TBS needs to do really.

Aztec map - Island. Switch the gold in the cave out with some human sacrifice pillar or similar.
    Weapons - Melee weapon Large 2h Scythe. Re-skin the kama from ninja.

• Poison blow darts - Give these the current metsubushi effect since they are getting buffed.
    • Hunting bow & Spear - Just a bow and spear. allready in game.

• @Hitom:

@BB:

not to mention new voice actors

This is the only major work TBS needs to do really.

Note the start time.

Go create a new model, new weapons, all the animations, balance the attacks against the other classes, debug everything.

Note the end time.

Let us know what the duration was.

• Texturing is a bitch to do.

You also need a new map and new music.

• Adding the Aztec and the Gladiator however Could be things for later on. I must admit that while I suggested replacing the Spartan with a Gladiator would be one of the easiest replacements possible, just another voice over and changes to the model and it would work. I also think that adding more classes later on would be the more logical route.

• @qlum:

I suggested replacing the Spartan with a Gladiator

So they should just throw away all the work done with the Spartan?

• And how do you know they won’t exactly? Square Enix recently re-made their entire new final fantasy mmorpg because their first one was too shit! they public said so. THEIR WHOLE MMORPG!

• @lemonater47:

Texturing is a bitch to do.

Mr. Pirate spokesman himself right on time. Anything he can to defend them.

• @Hitom:

And how do you know they won’t exactly?

I could maybe see the pirate replaced, but I doubt it would happen - the cost of replacing it might exceed the increase in revenue from the replacement.

Adding classes would be great of course.

• @Khyy:

@lemonater47:

Texturing is a bitch to do.

Now where in that reply is he defending pirates specifically?

• @Hitom:

Changing pirates for aztec’s would require minimal effort and make the game 100 times better.

Regardless, they would be in hot water about false advertising.

• @SavageBeatings:

@Khyy:

@lemonater47:

TExtuRing Is a biTch to do.

You AlSo need a new maP and new music.

ERITASP
    PIRATES

Oh my god he managed to find out that I had letters in that that could spell pirates. Thats how he knew I was specifically talking about pirates.

This guy is a genius.

• @SavageBeatings:

Step 1. Check his latest posts. He turns down the nerfing of pirate weapons at every end.
    Step 2. ??
    Step 3. You’re done.

• @Khyy:

@SavageBeatings:

Step 1. Check his latest posts. He turns down the nerfing of pirate weapons at every end.
    Step 2. ??
    Step 3. You’re done.

Well I’m not someone to give up. I look for ways to defeat the enemy. And I found a way. People don’t want to try do it that way oh no they’d rather complain and get killed. Like you.

And if you check my latest posts you will see me wanting the reload time decreased by adding an extra and realistically necessary stage to the reload. And give guns far more smoke.

• It’d be so much fun overcoming pirates, though it might be hard, so why get rid of them. The challenge is there for the fun of it, so why not look for ways to make it right. (as mentioned in the numerous other threads on balancing pirates)

-realistic load time
    -more smoke
    -‘projectile spread’
    -be able to hit ranged weapons out of the player’s hands so it drops to the ground.
    -increased ranged to melee weapon switching time (ranged player can throw his ranged weapon to the ground for faster weapon switch)
    did i miss anything there?

Main thing to keep is high damage on guns - its risk vs reward and adds diversity to the game.