Come on people! say something!

• This is the patch we all have been waiting for, the patch we never thought we would see in our lives and the whole forum is more quiet than an old west ghost town.

• They’re too busy playing. ;)

• I don’t really get it, so we got the SDK for live

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23931

I joined the steam group to see if I could test custom maps

But there is only two discussions and I can’t find any clues on how you can see or test other peoples maps

So I went back to CDW

• Mod

@Vlad:

This is the patch we all have been waiting for, the patch we never thought we would see in our lives and the whole forum is more quiet than an old west ghost town.

I have something to say… or ask…
    Were you the monkey in the suit that showed up in the RSI offices with bananas?

@gregcau:

something.

I love your new collection.
    Also I think there is a wiki written by Radiant about how to use the SDK for custom maps etc… but I’m pretty sure the server who hosts it needs to have those maps… so you got to find servers that host custom maps.

• Too busy shoveling snow off my driveway here in hell.

• I wonder why :?

This viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23931&start=20#p201987 and this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23931&start=40#p202219 shoud sum this up.
    From what I heard, even maps are having trouble with the Workshop.

Unless you are fine relying on people downloading and installing everything by themselves, this is not the patch I and likely many others have been waiting for, considering that’s pretty much what we had in Beta for ages, with server to client autodownload disabled.

TBS bad decision making number… What are we up to by now?

• @Cthulhu:

I wonder why :?

This http://tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic. … 20#p201987 and this http://tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic. … 40#p202219 shoud sum this up.
    From what I heard, even maps are having trouble with the Workshop.

Unless you are fine relying on people downloading and installing everything by themselves, this is not the patch I and likely many others have been waiting for, considering that’s pretty much what we had in Beta for ages, with server to client autodownload disabled.

TBS bad decision making number… What are we up to by now?

How is it a bad decision its a step forward.

Auto downloading is all you really need.

• I know you’ve a need to defend every decision they make, but did you actually read my posts? Better yet, did you actually work with custom content in Beta?

Beta had more accessibility with the SDK than Live. Beta had more players playing custom content than Live (checked a few hours ago, only 1 server running a custom map, with 0 players in it).

We had autodownload in Beta that while wasn’t the best approach for larger files like maps, we could actually seamless join code modded servers without trouble, which TBS made sure to not support it as of now.

I’ve been suggesting a fastdownload HTTP mirror alternative for months that if it was implemented, we could be playing custom content without any trouble right now. It would only take a couple of hours to implement.

Like everything I’ve already said in my former posts, stalling the SDK because of Workshop (just google a bit and you will see that the Workshop is not the preferred way of doing this kinda of stuff) and disabling autodownload when you don’t have proper Workshop support.
    We could’ve had the SDK working for months now if it weren’t for this obsession with the Workshop.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ … your-mods/

And that’s from a single player game, where Steam Workshop could’ve shined, since every client needs to install their own mods.

Now tell me, how long will it take for TBS to actually support code-dependant mods? Another 2-3 months?
    I would laugh, if only I didn’t waste so much time studying their code structures and UDK, and trust me it’s really a mess (no wonder the game performs so bad).

cough

else if ((ActualDamage >= 80.0f || Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsSprinting || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Deflect') ||
    		Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Feint') || (Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Windup') && AOCRangeWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon) == none) || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Active') || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Flinch')
    		|| Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Transition') || Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsManualJumpDodge || (Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Recovery') && AOCWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon).GetFlinchAnimLength(true) >= WeaponAnimationTimeLeft()) ) 
    		&& !bParry && !bSameTeam &&	!Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsSprintAttack)
    	{
    		AOCWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon).ActivateFlinch(true, Info.HitActor.GetHitDirection(Location), false, false, AOCWeapon(Weapon).bTwoHander);
    	}
    ```*cough*

• I have said plenty, but it got moved to the [BUG] section so less people will see it. The game is now unplayble again for me. With all the ini resets, the addition of the SDK code and priority, the SDK/Beta INIs overrule most all of my tweak settings. So yeah… lot of laggy fps fun…

• Desyncing weapons are still there. Not being able to use weapons or shields after getting off a catapult/ballista is still not fucking fixed. People blocking attacks from stupid angles is still in. Bubble stopping short weapons from behind ever reaching is still there. Servers now lag heaps more than before which requires more map or server restarts.

Oh but I sure am glad they put top priority things first like… changing the Torn Banner Studios banner on the main menu.

• Well, okay. The patch has brought a host of new problems, namely, poor performance running the game and shitty servers. But you know what? I’d play this game at 10 fps in lowest res with 200 ping. But it is frustrating nonetheless.

• probly because peoples games got deleted from the patch dude, it deleted my udk.exe file and i had to reinstall the whole game, as did many people i know.

thats just unaceptable yet again and other poorly tested patch.

yes a redirect is the only way to go, you would think since they used the udk engine that they would of researched a game called unreal tournament which has all that and more and kinda gone that route, which has redirect so people dl the mod dont lag the server out, and the amount of mods and different types of gameplay are insane.

else if ((ActualDamage >= 80.0f || Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsSprinting || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Deflect’) ||
    Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Feint’) || (Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Windup’) && AOCRangeWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon) == none) || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Active’) || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Flinch’)
    || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Transition’) || Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsManualJumpDodge || (Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState(‘Recovery’) && AOCWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon).GetFlinchAnimLength(true) >= WeaponAnimationTimeLeft()) )
    && !bParry && !bSameTeam && !Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsSprintAttack)
    {
    AOCWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon).ActivateFlinch(true, Info.HitActor.GetHitDirection(Location), false, false, AOCWeapon(Weapon).bTwoHander);
    }

i see the problem there :ActivateFlinch(true
    this should be false and we would actually be able to fight in a crowd instead of a quadruple flinch fest and death by unfair combat mechanics.

• @gregcau:

I don’t really get it, so we got the SDK for live

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23931

I joined the steam group to see if I could test custom maps

But there is only two discussions and I can’t find any clues on how you can see or test other peoples maps

So I went back to CDW

Thanks to Yarnu for posting how to make custom maps work

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24027

• Mod

I’ll agree on this thing being that the SDK came out in a bad shape. I am disappointed to see lack of support for mods since I wanted to get people to play the mod me and Knil made- but that is likely not to happen any time soon seeing as there are so many other issues people are asking to be fixed in game mechanics.

I also didn’t really understand the point in releasing a 64bit only editor. What about all the people who want to make maps and don’t have a 64 bit system?

I am however interested in seeing what maps will be coming out and played on so we could perhaps vote in the future on our favorite maps for the official servers as a community map pack.