IF I buy the game now I will able to play it before release?

• IF I buy the game now I will able to play it before release?
    thank you. :)

• No, the devs have decided to be super unfair and only give the beta to those who paid for two copies for the price of one. :P

Freaking bribes, man.

• Thanks, man. I was about to buy it :|
    I will wait for steam version.

• @Mkilbride:

No, the devs have decided to be super unfair and only give the beta to those who paid for two copies for the price of one. :P

Freaking bribes, man.

Either that, or they decided to be fair to the kickstarter supporters who got the game funded.

• Even though the Kickstarter went against the spirit of what Kickstarter is around for. Yeah, totally.

• @Mkilbride:

Even though the Kickstarter went against the spirit of what Kickstarter is around for. Yeah, totally.

Funding projects?

• Funding project in need of them.

Kickstarter’s are used when a project is starting up. Kickstarter or no Kickstarter, Chivalry would have released. It was not vital. It happened two months before release.

When I asked the Natural Selection 2 developers about why they hadn’t done one, they gave the response that they didn’t feel it would be right to do so, since they already had the majority of the work done. And they made their own Engine. And has a small staff like Chivalry.

While Chivalry had a free UDK license, though they used Kickstarter to buy a full one, or so they said.

I dunno, I’ve been following this since it was announced, but the Kickstarter kinda threw me off, like “Whoa, seriously guys? This close to release?”

• @Mkilbride:

Funding project in need of them.

Kickstarter’s are used when a project is starting up. Kickstarter or no Kickstarter, Chivalry would have released. It was not vital. It happened two months before release.

When I asked the Natural Selection 2 developers about why they hadn’t done one, they gave the response that they didn’t feel it would be right to do so, since they already had the majority of the work done. And they made their own Engine. And has a small staff like Chivalry.

While Chivalry had a free UDK license, though they used Kickstarter to buy a full one, or so they said.

I dunno, I’ve been following this since it was announced, but the Kickstarter kinda threw me off, like “Whoa, seriously guys? This close to release?”

I’m not going to go too far into this with you, but this was the key part of our Kickstarter statement:

“- Paying off Debt and loans, when we said many team members had given up everything to do this, we meant it. The development team has personally dug deep into its own pockets over the past two years and put a lot on the line to make this happen because for us it is a labour of love.”

Also UDK license.

• to kinda clarify, NS2 has been a “pay to get access” beta for the past year or so, probably longer (can’t quite remember when i bought it), but anyhow it’s only recently stopped giving access in order to make people be like “omg I can’t wait, omg” and so the servers aren’t flooded (which when i first bought it, it was rare to have more than 10 people on, and 20 during busy times :p

As for kickstarter

$25 or more:

Ready for Battle Edition - A digital copy of the game.

$35 or more:

Symphony of Death and Destruction Edition - A Digital Copy of the game + Digital copy of the Original Sound Track

$50 or more:

Sign me up for Beta Edition - Early Access to the game + Exclusive media reveals+ A Digital Copy of the game+ A digital copy of the OST

Anything higher than 50 mainly came with early access (exclusive media reveals never seen them) and opening sound track i dunno how to access that :P

so those who paid that or higher are only being fairly treated I guess (though the $20 access thing was a wtf? moment) :P

If anything, Chivalry has been a lot better off with kickstarter than if they had just decided to do it from their site etc (more of a media and more people know )

About kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kic … cs?ref=nav

A lot of backers are rallying around their friends’ projects. Some are supporting people they’ve long admired. Many are just inspired by a new idea. Others are inspired by a project’s rewards — a copy of what’s being made, a limited edition, or a custom experience related to the project.

Backing a project is more than just giving someone money, it’s supporting their dream to create something that they want to see exist in the world.

Kickstarter Spirit ! :p

• @Andrew:

@Mkilbride:

Funding project in need of them.

I’m not going to go to far into this with you, but this was they key part of our Kickstarter statement:

“- Paying off Debt and loans, when we said many team members had given up everything to do this, we meant it. The development team has personally dug deep into its own pockets over the past two years and put a lot on the line to make this happen because for us it is a labour of love.”

Also UDK license.

Respect. People will acknowledge your passion and you will be very successful on launch!

• I’m surprised it raised that much! The UE3 licence is 800k, congrats though, its a big step.