Is deadliest warrior a little too fast?

• I’m not sure is this section is where I can place suggestion but I’ll do it anyway. If I’m in the wrong section I’ll appreciate you could change my topic to that area.<br /><br />Hi I’m Creavend. I have been playing Chivalry: Medieval warfare for some time now at least six months I believe. I’m not that good but my rank is 40 and I have played for some 272 hrs. so I think I’m familiar enough with the game. Yesterday I was watching some Deadliest warrior gameplay on youtube and I thought <Dude, I can’t wait to the official release. I need to play now!> so I pre-purchased the game, installed all night and started playing just today. The thing is I was confident about my skills in Chivalry and I was certain would be able to adapt fast enough to at least the Spartan and Knight classes but when I started to actually play… well thinks didn’t go as planned. After spending some time in duel trying to figure out which was the main difference between the two games I got the answer by luck. I was dueling this knight with a poleaxe who is supposed to be the heaviest class in the other game and I was a ninja the lightest class in this game or so I thought. He was swinging like an idiot and I was waiting the change to block and release my furry of blows as if I were a MAA and hoped he would block and run out of stamina. But when I finally decided to attack I hit him with my fist slash but then he backed down and I failed all the others. Now I’m aware the ninjato is like a short sword and doesn’t have a lot of reach but since he was a knight and I was a ninja I could have swear I was going to catch him up. That didn’t happen. He just dogged all my attacks by walking backward and then overhead and I was dead. Next I played Viking vs. Viking and we were both playing with this huge axe with apparently huge reach. Well we couldn’t hit each other because all we needed to do was to back down a little even at close range so we could avoid getting hit by the other guy’s axe. I came clear to me that even the slower class in this game is way faster that the archer the fastest class in the other game. I chatted about this with the guys in the server and most of the agreed with my thoughts. I know this game is still beta but the release day is coming and this is one of the things I would hate to deal with when it’s officially released. I know torn banner can always patch this in any upcoming actualization but I strongly suggest they fix it before the game goes to official release. I’m sure lots of original Chivalry fans will think the same way I do. <br /><br />So yes that’s my suggestion make the game faster so is more like the other game.<br /><br />What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Are you bored from this huge massage? I would be too hahaha but I wanted to express this. Please have patience.

• I agree the game is too fast they should reduce the walking speed a little bit

• @Creavend:

So yes that’s my suggestion make the game slower so is more like the other game.

no thanks
    I stopped playing MW because it got too boring

you can go back to playing MW if DW is too fast for you

• On line games should always avoid (using loose terms here) things which are too fast as lag/ping magnifies errors in game play.

• @giantyak:

On line games should always avoid (using loose terms here) things which are too fast as lag/ping magnifies errors in game play.

you know a great way to get around that problem? Don’t play on high ping servers :o

• @BB:

@giantyak:

On line games should always avoid (using loose terms here) things which are too fast as lag/ping magnifies errors in game play.

you know a great way to get around that problem? Don’t play on high ping servers :o

I wasn’t talking to you, merely making a statement that is good to adhere to.
    My average ping is 50ms which i think is pretty good. Certain situations in C;MW push the envelope IMO. i think those situations should be avoided where possible for the games contiguity.

Making a game faster doesn’t actually make it better and is just unnecessary. Time constraints are relative but ping is not.

• @giantyak:

Making a game faster doesn’t actually make it better and is just unnecessary.

then why is the game better?

• I absolutely agree.
    Combat in MW is way better and the main reason is speed. Both walking speed and weapon speed.

• @BB:

then why is the game better?

Sometimes I can’t tell if you actually think your opinions are fact.

• Yeah, I do think the game is a bit too fast. The only thing they might need to have slowed down could be their movement speed, the other increased speeds could be the same.

• I think it’s ok.

• I go back to MW and its too slow. I feel like I have weights on my feet and I keep blocking too damn early.

Speeds right.

• @BB:

no thanks
    I stopped playing MW because it got too boring

I’ve heard some people make the same criticism about MW. But the slowness is really a problem of “too much time without engagement”

Making it faster is one way to solve it, but it brings it’s own problems.

Another, better solution, is smaller maps, and spawn points closer together. I think DW fails on that, and so the current speed of movement is necessary. But it’s a worse game because of it

Too much movespeed reduces the importance of tactics, and it reduces the power of thrusts and overhead attacks, because they’re much harder to land. Tis game is too much about spamming horizontal swing, and it NEEDS to be slowed down.

• Just because youve been playing the slower version of this game and havent gotten use to the new speed, doesnt mean anything is too fast.

• i got used to it and its not even fast for me anymore

• The speed is great, if you would only decrease movementspeed footwork will be useless. i think we need better flinch, less mouse lockout when attacking and parrying, more fps and less lag.

• @CRUSHED:

i got used to it and its not even fast for me anymore

This. Medieval is still running though, if that’s more your thing.

• I do a bit agree with you there OP because alot of overheads i’m trying to do or slashes while i hug someone isn’t always a HIT. It’s like they are passing through the player and then the enemy just slashes me and BAM game over.

This does reminds me the quarterstaff in chivalry MW.
    It also didn’t have that long reach feeling here. They still didn’t fix that either.

IT feels like this: I use the longest weapon with the most reach 100%, while actually it has 40% reach and wont hit the enemy while i strike.

This happens here too.

• Definitely in agreement with the OP. Everything is so fast that all the precision and strategy of chivalry is gone. Sure a new strategy takes its place buts its much uglier and unless you have 70 ping you’re going to see some BS move corrections from the server.

• There is still enough precision and strategy except that it all goes faster now.

2fast4yu