Keeps restarting my pc

• So I just installed the Chiv Beta and when I try to play the deadliest warrior, A netframework something will install and it will just automatically restart my pc. Everything is fine when playing C: MW. My drivers, directx and my cpu and gpu temps are just fine.

• Yes that evil thing.

Push no.

Then it’ll start.

The first time though it will take a while to start up.

• @lemonater47:

Yes that evil thing.

Push no.

Then it’ll start.

You mean cancel/close the netframework installation?

• @BroodReaver:

@lemonater47:

Yes that evil thing.

Push no.

Then it’ll start.

You mean cancel/close the netframework installation?

Yep. You already have it that’s the thing. For some reason it doesn’t think you do. But its there. Just push no to cancel the NET framework installation. The game will launch.

• I already tried it a couple of times. I closed it, still restarts and I even kill the process on the task manager, still restarts my pc. Looks like I’m just gonna wait for the official release.

• I finally fixed the issue by going to C://program files/steam/steamapps/common/ or C://program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common and deleting installscript.vdf

• Pushing no works for me.

• Developer

Either the .NET installer is breaking, or Steam isn’t registering that it’s installed. We’re using Steam’s common system for installing redistributables (.NET, MSVC 2010 runtime, and the DX SDK runtimes).

If it is installed, you can force Steam to register .NET as being installed by starting regedit, browsing to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam\Apps\CommonRedist.NET\4.0

inside here, create a DWORD value called 4.0, and set its value to 1. (See attached image, or get rid of the .txt in the other file so it’s “registerdotnet.reg” and run it.) This will affect this, and any other game that uses the common redistributables.