How to improve the Ninja in two simple steps

• At least I hope they’re simple for the programmers.

The Ninja isn’t broken now, but I really think that following this two-step program would make the Ninjas a bit more reliable class for people who like to play as them.

1. Make so that the Ninja can keep moving as he performs a follow-up strike after a dodge roll. Follow-up strikes are currently useless since they are locked in place, and it diminishes the agile advantages of the class severely. (The advantage that I assumed was the only one the Ninja had)

2. Fix the kick! When the Ninja kicks, he does it with sluggishness. I assume this is due to the different kick animation. Basically, the Ninja has to finish the slow animation before attacking, and when he finally gets to strike, the attack suffers the same problem as it does after rolling: You cannot move. This kick issue only applies to the Ninja as far as I’m concerned. Very annoying when you kick up someones shield, and then are unable to land a follow-up strike on him.

Otherwise, I have no problem with the class. Great job, TBS! :D

(Maybe it was unnecessary for me to create another thread, I dunno)

• This.

• I don’t agree with the kick idea.

Kicking represents force, used to get past a strong defense. it’s mostly in character for knights, and vikings.

ninja should not be kicking shields aside, they should be rolling around them and stabbing the enemy in the flank.

agility goes around, strength goes through. ninja are definitely not about raw strength.

• @Nanako:

I don’t agree with the kick idea.

Kicking represents force, used to get past a strong defense. it’s mostly in character for knights, and vikings.

ninja should not be kicking shields aside, they should be rolling around them and stabbing the enemy in the flank.

agility goes around, strength goes through. ninja are definitely not about raw strength.

Rolling around? Spartan has great reach and deadly shield bashes. all kicks should be equal imo, ninjas where highly trained warriors, not weak backstabbing ricefarmers.

• Needless to say, the one-button dodge must be fixed as well. (But I’m sure TBS are working on that)

• @Yggr:

@Nanako:

I don’t agree with the kick idea.

Rolling around? Spartan has great reach and deadly shield bashes. all kicks should be equal imo, ninjas where highly trained warriors, not weak backstabbing ricefarmers.

That’s up for argument but if you don’t use correct grammar you’re going to get eaten alive. (where where where where where. were.)

• Okay, so none of what I wrote was addressed in the patch, but I recently made a curious discovery, thanks to some guy here on the forums.
    Apparently, the issues I have are inconsistent, so to say. The kick, for example works differently with different weapons equipped. I made a short YT-video to demonstrate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrq82W2jrU

But most curious of all is how the roll behaves when playing offline training instead of online. I can actually gain momentum in my follow-up strikes with many attacks after the roll. :/

Would anyone from TBS be kind enough to officially comment on these points? I’m sure I’m not the only one who finds this… displeasurable.

• @B4RK:

But most curious of all is how the roll behaves when playing offline training instead of online. I can actually gain momentum in my follow-up strikes with many attacks after the roll. :/

oh wow what that is seriously interesting

• This kick bug is not ninja exclusive, I’ll try to get some footage later.

• yeah with some weapons your character gets stuck after a kick